Blue Lotus is a fantasy mod derived from the history and mythology of China, Japan and India. The map is a distorted map of Asia which is being encroached upon from the west by a huge force of demons and mythological creatures. With over 120 new units, factions include Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Demon, Korean, Mongol and the Monks. All the factions are warring for control of the world and to gain the ultimate prize… The Blue Lotus
VERY IMPORTANT INSTALL INFORMATION:
1. Install clean version of RTW (NOTE BL overwrites RTW so best to make a seperate copy)
2. Download and install patch 1.3 http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm
3. Download and install patch 1.5 http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm
4. Download Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool. http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?act=mod&id=43
5. Copy the contents of the unpaker into Data/packs in your clean version of RTW 1.5.
6. Run the .bat file and let run completely. this may take a while. After its done you'll see a new data folder in the packs directory.
7. CUT or MOVE (not copy) this new Data folder and paste it over the root Data folder allowing it to overwrite everything. NOTE: There should be no Data folder left in Packs.
8. Go back to the packs folder and rename all the pak files remaining (except the patch_0 and patch_1) You can just rename them with a couple of xx in the front ie sprites_1.pak rename to xxsprites_1.pak
9. Download Blue Lotus and copy it's Data folder over the Data folder in the root.
10. Install music patch (see readme in music download for install instructions)
11. Run Rome, go to Imperial Campaign. Enjoy. REMEBER TO SAVE BEFORE EACH TURN. Random AI crashes can occur in this version.
12. Please report bugs at the Blue Lotus subforum.
Copyright: Blue Lotus is not supported by CA and is a non profit making enterprise. This is a Beta version and may be buggy. All images and contents are copyright of their respective creators.
Feel free to re-use any original BL content in any other non-profit mods as long as the respective artists are credited. If possible contact us for details on authors.
Factions: Blue Lotus has always been designed to be played as the Japanese, Chinese or Indian factions. And is most complete as these factions. The Demon faction is playable but is very easy on the current settings. The Korean and Mongol factions are 'mini' factions ie they have a smaller selection of unit types and have non-unique UI and names etc. They are playable but not as rounded as other factions.
Limitations: Blue Lotus was always conceived as a bit of fun. Fun to make and fun to play. There are many areas where due to lack of manpower and time we have taken shortcuts. This gives a working, overall impression whilst still allowing us to release the mod within our lifetimes. Examples; Cities do not have different building models for every building type, units don't have LODs, 2D artwork for message screens are mostly drawn from historical/illustrative sources rather than hand drawn like the building images. There are very few new animations in game. There should, however, be plenty here to give the feel of a complete Mod.
Last edited by Epistolary Richard; 08-19-2006 at 08:24.
Hey, did anyone get this to install properly? I don't wanna spend a couple hours messing with this for nothing. Looks great hoggy, let me know if it installs ASAP! BTW, I haven't looked long, but cannot find 1.3 and 1.5 patches, where are they, the links here are broken.
I installed it without any problems, looks great ! Going to enjoy this ...
Thnx Blue Lotus Team !
Interested in a game where unexpected events and crazy twists may or may not all of the sudden change the course of the game? Ready to put your destiny in the hands of a group of madmen and a deranged host? Then hurry up and join my lastest large mafia game: And suddenly, it all happend so fast!
Ja mata, TosaInu
I've tried to install the mod but I had some troubles with the installation-guide. One link in the guide (4. Download Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool)doesn't work, so I couldn' install this tool. Where can I find this tool an by the way, is it really necessairy to install it?