Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia II: The sequel to the best-selling forum game [Concluded]

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Mafia II: The sequel to the best-selling forum game [Concluded]

***UPDATE: GAME IS NOW CLOSED TO ANYONE WHO DID NOT POST. SORRY.***

If anybody new would like to see the original Mafia thread it is here.

Here are the rules taken from the original post in the first thread (with some changes).

Description:The Frontroom is a peaceful village (kingdom?) that has recently been terrorized by the local mafia, who are killing more townspeople every day. Distraught, the townspeople try to find out which nasty people are doing the deed, and name several people who they think did the crime. If a majority of the townspeople agree, those people go off to be executed. The game wins when the mafia manage to kill everyone in the village (Mafia victory) or if the townspeople successfully execute all the mafia members (Townspeople victory).

-Post if interested/willing to participate. If you don't post within the first couple of days, you don't get to play. Trust me, it's more fun if you play. Once I determine the number of mafia members (probably 2) I shall start the game, and not accept any new players. This is done for my sanity, mind.

-I will then randomly PM two posters and say that they are the mafia. I will also provide these lucky, lucky people with the name of their counterpart in order to ensure that no people in the mafia kill each other. Their job is to PM me every session and give me the name of one user that they wish to "kill."

-Once both mafia members have PM'd me I shall announce the kills to the villagers. It is now their job to name the people who they think did it. The most-named people over a span of roughly 24 hours will be executed.

-Mafia members get more powerful as their numbers dwindle. Forinstance, if the game started out with two mafia members and only one remains, that person will still kill two people in one session. That way you do not know how many mafia people are left.

-If both mafia members select the same person to kill, that stinks for that one person. However, it can also be a good judge to see how well the townspeople are doing: If only one guy dies then it's a good chance that both mafia picked the same person and are hence, still out there.

-When you are dead, either having been killed or executed, you no longer can play. You can speculate about who killed you, but that's it. Your vote no longer counts. Also, if you never played in the first place, your vote doesn't count either.

-Keep in mind that this is the Frontroom. Just because you were killed/executed is no excuse for going on a flaming rampage. If you feel compelled to do so, I suggest heading on over to the Babe Thread, which will surely calm you down.

-New: In their PMs, the mafia must also provide me with the method of killing someone. For example, in the final round last game Kagemusha requested that Divine Wind be beheaded with a katana.

-Suggestion: As far as role-playing goes, the last game doesn't exist. While I can't do anything about people being killed/executed based solely on revenge for the previous game, it's strongly discouraged.

-Also new: In addition to there being two mafiosi, there will also be one Detective who is working on the side of the villagers. Every session the Detective will PM me "investigating" whether a person is in the mafia or not. I will tell him whether that person is or isn't a mafia. The detective's identity is secret to everybody except for me. He can choose to reveal his identity when naming a mafioso, but be advised unless your advice is heeded and that mafioso was the only one left, it's probably a suicidal move.

-Tie votes will be handled on a session-by-session basis at my discretion. If there's a tie in the beginning of the game with a lot of votes thrown around, I'll call for a general revote. But if there's one near the end of the game and the votes are pretty solid, I'll probably just do a "next vote decides it."

Timeline of a typical session:
    I post the updated status list (who's alive, who was killed, who was executed)
    Mafia PM me with their selections
    Detective PMs me with investigation
    I tell Detective whether he's right or not
    I post kills
    Villagers vote
    I post execution/updated status list.

Please post if interested. Thanks, and have fun! I hope this game will be even better than the last.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 07-04-2006 at 21:27.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Default Re: Mafia II: The sequel to the best-selling forum game

Hi. Sign me up.

GoreBag: Oh, Prole, you're a nerd's wet dream.

I'm home for a week now so I can actually play. It's good to be home.

I feel compelled to join this game once again.
    it's the **** that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome back Ice.

Glad to have you playing, although your disappearance provided for some interesting situations in the last game.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Sign me up too.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I'm gonna get in on this.

Welcome back Ice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Of course I'm in.
    Innovative Soy Solutions (TM) for a dynamically changing business environment.

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

I'm in again.
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

I want in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

Im in, can't wait.
    "How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." -Ronald Reagan

"It's somewhat ironic that closing spam threads increases my postcount"
    -Ser Clegane

Slain by mafia-implanted bombs Member littlelostboy's Avatar

I'm in.
    My name is Asinius Commodus, son of the Eagle.

Fellow of the Seven Legendary Writers (but got kicked out)

KoW: Erm, LLB, Asinus means 'ass' in Latin
    LLB: Really? All the better for a story of how an ass became a great leader is alwasy a bestseller.

I'm in too. Was great fun following the last game and now I feel like participating.
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

I'm in
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

I'm in.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Count the Lemur in. I'll try to forgive the villagers who mindlessly lynched me last time ...

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm definately in again.

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief
    Welcome back Ice.

Glad to have you playing, although your disappearance provided for some interesting situations in the last game.

Edit:

I'm rereading the last thread and wow, disco, you sure don't like MI :D.
    Last edited by Ice; 07-03-2006 at 04:12.

I'm back from my 4 day vacation I haven't mentioned before, and I want to join (yay).
    "Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite." - John Kenneth Galbraith

You can count me in as well.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Savior of Peasant Phill Member Silver Rusher's Avatar

Sign me up please.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

Me want in.

I think you'll need more than two mafiosi this time, GHC. I have a feeling more will join.
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

Is there going to be a doctor or not? Although it may slow the game down a little.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Okay, I'm in !

Sure hope I survive more than 2 rounds now...

Last edited by Dutch_guy; 07-03-2006 at 10:26.
    I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

The Breath of God Member Divine Wind's Avatar

Sign me up!
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Slain by mafia-implanted bombs Member littlelostboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus
    Is there going to be a doctor or not? Although it may slow the game down a little.
    Ya, when the doc selects a 'hit' or person that was killed, he heals that person, so basically brings that person backs to life. So less villager murders. Of course he dosen't knows who is the mafia and who is just a villager, he makes a blind guess. Make things harder for the mafiaso with a detective and a doc in the game. Make things more interesting!
    Last edited by littlelostboy; 07-03-2006 at 12:45.
    My name is Asinius Commodus, son of the Eagle.

Fellow of the Seven Legendary Writers (but got kicked out)

KoW: Erm, LLB, Asinus means 'ass' in Latin
    LLB: Really? All the better for a story of how an ass became a great leader is alwasy a bestseller.

Can I join too ?

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

General Hanky didn't mention a doctor, so I guess that's a no Ignoramus.
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

Quote Originally Posted by littlelostboy
    Ya, when the doc selects a 'hit' or person that was killed, he heals that person, so basically brings that person backs to life. So less villager murders. Of course he dosen't knows who is the mafia and who is just a villager, he makes a blind guess. Make things harder for the mafiaso with a detective and a doc in the game. Make things more interesting!
    Or the maffia can extort him to heal someone of the family...

Nice idea though, instead of casting a vote for 2 rounds he can decide who gets healed.

In a top-secret lab planning world domination

I want to play too! (Although usually when I play mafia I'm the narrator. Ah well, this should be fun too!)
    If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward. -Jack Handey

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast