Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Medieval Total Realism: Age of Ambition

Default Re: Medieval Total Realism: Age of Ambition

I quess you will use this for bohemia http://www.husitstvi.cz/vojenske-jednotky.php

txt in czech just click on hyperlinks to see unit pics..

In the name of the chalice Member mayhem87's Avatar

Or this one. Its in english and there are few pics of war wagons.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hussite_Wars

MTR: AOA project ###### (temp) Member kataphraktoi's Avatar

Retired from games altogether!!

Feudalism TOtal War, non-active member and supporter. Long Live Orthodox Christianity!

Megas Domestikos Member AnthoniusII's Avatar

Nice work with the "tagmata-clibanophoroi"image.
    I hope i'll see pronoiai heavy cavalry too.
    A good idea for them to recruit could be a huge farm larger than "irigation" in to large or huge cities.They where recruit after 1204 as personal gards of land owners.Emperors used them the same way the western kings used nights.They adopted western arms and armors spesialy small triangle shields.

Kataphraktoi,

Man, your Byzantine stuff is beautiful!!! The units if they look like your concept art will be amazing! Keep up the great work. I bought M2:TW just so I can get Total Realism when it's ready!

Perris

Units limitation.
    I wonder if an unit limitation would help the mod to be more realistic.
    In M2TW game there is a limitation for characters like priests,merchants etc.
    My idea is that the limitation must expant for military units also.
    For examble a player should not be able to recruit more than one(1) unit of
    knights and one (1)unit of dismount knights per castle.
    This limitation would offer more realistic armies in the game.
    In reality units such as knights or kataphractoi where elite and rare,that's
    why most part of the armies had units like sergeants or men at arms.
    A limitation like this will lead players to replace old fashioned units of new ones.Mailed knights for feudal ones etc.Is it possible?

Total realism with another muslim faction.

I think there is a faction that's missing.
    I mean the Chorasmian one.Chorasmians where a super power of that time
    the mod starts.That faction colapsed after the mongol invasion.
    They where famus for the heavy cavalry they created.They also used extented numbers of turkomanic cavalry and ifantry.Chorasmian state was powerfull enough to control the famous silk road and have a critical influence
    to tourkomanic sultans both of east and west.
    If you deside to add this faction in the mod,you should give them the eastern provincies you have for the seljuc faction on your map.Chorasmians(Iran) had diplomatic relations whith Bizantine Empire aiming for greater profit of the silk road.

The faction list is completed and no one can change it. Maybe after release of 1st version of the mod. Faction slots are full

I'm not completely on track with things involved in the creation of M2TR but I have some questions if you don't mind to answer.

Sometimes I see somewhat biased descriptions about factions in certain games, take AOE3 for instance, I know the TR mods will try to follow their own motto which is realism, and this will include an impersonal view about each nation.

I'm aware that for instance in RTR they put a description about each civ and along with that they also put some "suggestions" ' to help the player or give him a first objective or something like that. This is a game and the player can't be forced to conquer the exact same map areas than in true history were conquered by the conrresponding civ, a player playing Armenia will conquer the entire map if he wants to, but I noticed that sometimes these indications do follow the same conquests of that civ that really happened.

I saw the map and I really like it and especially the number of provinces(take for instance the accuracy concerning the province that makes the "Condado Portucalence"), the only thing that I wished it had was that it would reach appoximately the regions of coastal Ginea. I'll say why later on.

My question is this: Will certain kingdoms like Portugal or Spain be given in their civ description text some historically accurate suggestions such as for instance saying that it would be wise if the player as Portugal conquers the northwest African coast, thus the reason for the Ginea coast or as Spain to conquer certain provinces of the Italian peninsula, despite the true historical conquest dates of these territories. Could even these historically accurate suggestion(despite the dates) be even put in the victory conditions? In Portugal's example the player had to conquer some northern African provinces and along the coast. The player would still be able to conquer whatever he/she want to, but it could even help the fun factor of the mod, at least for those who know some history concerning several nations since they know they will have to do approximately the same things that in were done in history.

I must say that I fully agree with it. Because ( for example ) when I choose Byzantine empire ill focus on the east to fight with the Turcs.
    Or once when I played Spain... I driven of the saracens and that was end of fun because i didnt want to fight with french or expand northward because they didnt do that too. Everytime I was without any objective.
    Im so linked to history that when I played as Bohemia in Europa universalis 3 and owned a half of Europe + caribean provinces...it was so unreal that it bored me a lot. so i break that game :)))....
    So I want to say that you could set up some realistic goals for each faction and direct players in the right way, what try to conquer first...

The thing I like about Byzantium are the endless possibilities of conquest. You can try and expand your borders to the same extent they shared under Justinian, which is what the emperors actually did try.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...27-565.svg.png

EAST ROMAN EMPIRE EXPANDS.
    Firs of all i must say that i agree for the realistic aims of expansion for every faction.Those aims should be given by the council of nobles of their faction.
    For example a dream of all emperors of Bizantine Empire was the Roman Reconqouista.Those aims of expansion had two(2) stages.Stage 1:regain of the provinces lost by arabs.1 province of Eddessa,2 Palaistine,3Syria,4Egypt,5province of cyrene with it's capital Carthage.Stage 2:the new PAX ROMANA
    (Ioustinianus Empire).For this stage the map given by saapas is very helpfull.

EAST ROMAN EMPIRE EXPANDS.
    Firs of all i must say that i agree for the realistic aims of expansion for every faction.Those aims should be given by the council of nobles of their faction.
    For example a dream of all emperors of Bizantine Empire was the Roman Reconqouista.Those aims of expansion had two(2) stages.Stage 1:regain of the provinces lost by arabs.1 province of Eddessa,2 Palaistine,3Syria,4Egypt,5province of cyrene with it's capital Carthage.Stage 2:the new PAX ROMANA
    (Ioustinianus Empire).For this stage the map given by saapas is very helpfull.

Expansion of Arabs...

A good idea of the arabic expansion goals I think is the regaining of Sisily,the rebirth of the arabic principality of the CHANDAX(the city of Heracleion)in Crete,the apsolute leadership of all arabic and muslim reagions and finaly the capture of Constantinople.For the last goal there is a mansion in the Coran that the conqueror of Constantinople wil gain the supreme general of all times.
    Although those goals I must admit that there where no brutalities against cristian populations in most of the cities they conquered from 680ad to the first crusade time.

What's the truth?
    I am confused!!!! When I saw the descreption of this mod I was sure that this was final!! The map,the story even the development team looked gread.
    But when I took a look in an other forum of the Age of Ambition I came across in a totaly diferend mod,whith another map and another list of factions.
    Even the starting year of the mod was 1071 and not 1066 as I red at the starting page of this forum.My question is...what must we expect of this mod?
    How many factions are they? What's the exact starting year?
    Is this forum an oficial one for this mod?

Byzantine stone walls and buildings.
    M2TW was a desapointment about byzantine(late roman) stone walls and buildings.Mod artists sould take a look in "Byzantium 1200"page.Most of the houses in the "East Roman Empire" where roman and not europian.I hope that deference will exict in the mod.

How close to completion is this mod?

This bloody thing isnt finished yet? Release it already.

My god, the one mod that will be worth playing has been "coming soon" for the past fourteen years. Hurry up, you taffers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruniac
    This bloody thing isnt finished yet? Release it already.

My god, the one mod that will be worth playing has been "coming soon" for the past fourteen years. Hurry up, you taffers.

don't push them, but you are right this mod is too much time coming soon!

Yaaaaaaaaaay!!, this has got me excited now. :)

I remember playing Rome: Total Realism, it totaly made the game for me, vanilla was nothing compared to RTR.

I look forward to this.

Hi
    First: I need to inform about release date and required version of the game.
    Second: I'am wonderd why the modder didnt make Abbasid faction which historically were the head of all arabic and islamic nation at that time and all other were a part of that (Calphate)Abbasid. and I have meny information about the Abbasid. thanks

Member Member D. Afonso Henriques's Avatar

Well Headar it's you and pretty mutch every one that needs infomation on the release date.
    I mean, you guys seem to be doing a really great job, quite fantastic. But we have been waitting for so long already, I don't mean to push you or anything. Though if you could at least say when you think that you will be able to make a release, we would all appreciate that. Thanks, anyways.

yeah) it's very good that there are a lot of fans of total war all over the world)
    just registered...hi brother's i'm from Ukraine, great fan of this game too)
    Byzantium and Spain forever!
    Tell me please, what about Medieval total Realism... when?! me and my friends wait for it... is any information about when this modigication be ready...

will you have active siege towers?

what about the pike fix advertised by valiant champion at the .com?

and his halberdier overhaul?

Quote Originally Posted by kataphraktoi View Post
    Medieval Total Realism: Age of Ambition

The year is 1066, the world is changing and a new order is rising. But who will be rising stars of this new era and who will fall?

Christendom is tragically split in schism. A bitter seed has been sown in the lands of Christendom where spiritual brothers are pitted against brothers, swords are raised and spears are sharpened. Will this enmity reap an equally bitter harvest?

Dar-al-Islam too is split between the party of Ali (Shia) and the Community of the Sunni based in the respective Caliphal seats of Cairo and Baghdad. Elsewhere Islam faces collapse especially in Al-Andalus where the third rival Caliphate in Cordoba has disintegrated into petty Taifa states concerned in their own self-interest and blind to the resurgence of the small Christian states in the north who are determined to undo the humiliation inflicted upon them 300 years ago. However, there is also renewal in Islam as well. A new power from the east is coming in the form of new converts to Islam. Will these Seljuk Turks revive Islam’s fortunes and restore unity and power to Sunni Islam?

On the shores of the Bosphorus, it seems that the ancient Roman Empire may have run its course. Dynastic exhaustion is approaching with the near death of its current Emperor who is weak, feeble, incompetent and childless. Its armies are weakened by successive intrigue and powerless against recent raids by the Seljuks. Its generals, coming from noble aristocratic families are seething at such poor leadership and may soon rebel. But is it too late? Can the Romans save their 1000 year old empire?

This is also the time where brilliant individuals come to the fore and create history. From the ranks of the Normans come two of the finest generals to grace Norman history. Though they exist in two different places at once (one in Normandy and the other in Southern Italy), they share the same drive, motivation and ambition to create their own destiny. One is an illegitimate bastard, the other, a warrior of low ranking. Will William the Bastard be a Conqueror? Will Robert Hauteville live up to his name of “Guiscard” the “wily”?

In a time such as this, there are many unpredictable things as well. From steppes of the east has come the scourge of God in the form of the Huns and the Avars. From these same steppes have come the ferocious Magyars who have now become a bastion of Christendom. There is always the possibility of another eruption from the mysterious east where tales abound of unnatural beings of great military brutality and swift retribution. Will civilisation be able to resist it the next time the endless steppes unleash a new terror?

All this and more in MTR: Age of Ambition!!

Proposed Factions:

Scottish
    England (Normans)
    Danes
    Duchy of Southern Italy
    Papal States
    HRE
    Poland
    Rus
    France
    Crown of Aragon
    Leon-Castile
    Moorish Sultanate
    Egyptian SultanateTurkish Sultanate
    Romaion (Byzantines)
    Serbs
    Venice
    Hungary
    Mongols
    Georgia-Sakartvelo
    Cumans/Qipchaqs

Aims of MTR: AOA (or Meteora) if you want

Create a "realism" modification which will immerse players in whatever faction they choose. We aim to create unique factions with unique cultures with small added features that make a difference to gameplay. We want to create a medieval world the way it should be to cater to an individual's ambition, greed for gold, thirst for battle, glory and perhaps surprisingly enough...piety.

With the likes of Caius Britannicus and Wraithdt, you can be sure that the visual content of the modification will be first class from a lowly peasant unit to an elite royal bodyguard unit. We are looking for:

Researchers - the foundation upon which the modification must be built on. Their knowledge will ensure that we will stay on the right track to create an immersive world to play in. People with considerable knowledge for a particular faction and want to be a head researcher with their own research team and with responsibilities as preparing factions previews, co-ordinating with skinners and scripters and glory and babes..PM me. However, if there is a faction with a head researcher already, PM them, not me.

Graphic Designers - They are the ones who create the interface through which players can experience MTR: AOA. We're looking for people who are excellent with graphic design programs and want the chance to show off!

We invite, anyone and everyone who wants to participate in the creation of such a modification to notify either me (Kataphraktoi) or Achilles by PM.

Team:
    Project Leader: Achilles

Most honoured Researchers:
    Head of Polish Faction Research: Polak 966

Head of Serbia Faction Research: DukeofSerbia

Head of England/Norman (Normandy and Italy) Factions Research: Ignoramus

Head of Turkish Sultanate Research: Cebei (HOORAY!!)

Head of Moorish/African Research: Beauchamp

Head of Danish Research: Endre (or Ringeck)

IrishArmenian

Almogaver (Crown of Aragon)

Head of Danish/Scandinavian Research: Endre

Head of Byzantium/Romaion Research: Kataphraktoi
    Byzantine Emperor

Head of Georgia Faction Research: Beka

Head of Rus Faction Research: Cadmus

Head of HRE Faction Research: SabreHRE and Cutepuppy

Eltrevo (Tuetonic Knights)

Randarkmaan (Fatimid, Ayyubids)

Faenaris (Crusading Orders)

Head of Rus Faction Research: Cadmus

Tech/Visual/Graphic Wizards:
    Publius - Skinner/Modeller/Graphic Artist
    Kataphraktoi (stand in project leader)
    Wraithdt
    Caius Britannicus
    Dark89 (Coder)
    Chigga
    Silver Rusher

CONCEPT ART
    Here are a list of concept art, they are under two sections:

I'll list Orda Khan's first, in honour of his gracious effort and time to provide us with these concepts:
    https://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mongol17ef.jpg

https://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mongol43sx.jpg

https://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mongol31yc.jpg

https://img193.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mha1b1eu.jpg

https://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mha1a5eu.jpg

https://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mha1c1fy.jpg

https://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?i...pchaq012ic.jpg

https://img419.imageshack.us/my.php?...elite012pz.jpg (KIPCHACK ELITE)

https://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?...pchaq026vg.jpg (KIPCHAK)

https://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?...ntryman9un.jpg (VOLGA BULGARINFANTRYMAN)

https://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?...rarcher7zz.jpg (VOLGA BULGARARCHER)

https://img473.imageshack.us/my.php?...olnoyan6yh.jpg (MONGOL NOYAN)

https://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hun016tk.jpg (HUN)

https://img418.imageshack.us/my.php?...golkhan1zs.jpg (MONGOL KHAN)

Wraithdt and Kataphraktoi's stuff
    https://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?...1066kat8ok.jpg (KATAPHRAKTOI 1060S)

https://img419.imageshack.us/my.php?...cavalry0rh.jpg (GHULAM CAVALRY)

https://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?...anguard4om.jpg (VARANGIAN GUARDS 11TH-14TH CENT)

https://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ersionb3kj.jpg (KLIBANOPHORI VERSION A)

https://img69.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ersiona4ve.jpg (KLIBANOPHORI VERSION B)

http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?i...atickat3rv.jpg (TAGMATIC KATAPHRAKTOI)

https://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?...rcopole2jp.jpg (TURCOPOLE)

http://www.geocities.com/weirdguynextdoor/excubit.jpg (EXCUBITORES)

http://www.geocities.com/weirdguynex...man_Knight.jpg (NORMAN KNIGHT)

http://www.geocities.com/weirdguynex...ttawa_prev.jpg (ADDED FUTUWWA..hopefully this works)

http://www.geocities.com/weirdguynex...HI_prev_04.jpg NEW JANISSARY HEAVY INFANTRY - RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE

http://www.geocities.com/weirdguynex...lic_prev02.jpg DRAFT OF MEN AT ARMS

http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?i...aafinalsj7.jpg GOTHIC MEN AT ARMS

HASHASHIN

https://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?i...oplitaifm0.jpg Thematikoi Hoplitai

https://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?i...toxotaiwe9.jpg Thematikoi Tagmatikoi Hoplitai and Thematikoi Toxotai
    This mod was my insiration as a M2TW fan. MTR was a quide for me as a mod developer.
    After all these years i am proud to say that atleast Romans are now as they should back then.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314