Thread: Grass question...

Gin Tonic Drinker Member iberus_generalis's Avatar
    Scallabis (mordern Santarém)- Lusitania(modern Portugal)

Default Grass question...

Prometheus, after Europa Barbarorum, this is my fav mod!! you along with the rest of the EU crew are gods in RTW!!! i have a problem, well it's not much of a problem, is a need...you see, i love your grass, so much that after playing hours after hours RTW just to batle with your grass, i ported it to my heavily modded and tweaked europa barbarorum install of RTW, and the result was stunning, not only do i get great gameplay, with some realism i also get great scenery, thanks to you!! you are the man!!! but now i would love to push the limits of my pc, and would love to know if it is possible to increase the view distance of grass...if you don't get me, i'll explain...in my game, there is a certain distance in wich i can see lovely grass, but, when a certain threshold is achieve the grass gets sparser and disappears from view... so my question is..is it possible to increase the distance at wich is possible to see the grass at the ground level?
    if need be, and noone understands my point i can post a screenshot later so you can see what im refering...
    "Deep in Iberia there is a tribe that doesn't rule itself, nor allows anyone to rule it"Gaius Julius Caesar

Default Re: Grass question...

That can be changed in the preferences.txt
    From memory, the line is grass_distance <number of units for grass to be visible>
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iberus_generalis
    Prometheus, after Europa Barbarorum, this is my fav mod!! you along with the rest of the EU crew are gods in RTW!!! i have a problem, well it's not much of a problem, is a need...you see, i love your grass, so much that after playing hours after hours RTW just to batle with your grass, i ported it to my heavily modded and tweaked europa barbarorum install of RTW, and the result was stunning, not only do i get great gameplay, with some realism i also get great scenery, thanks to you!! you are the man!!! but now i would love to push the limits of my pc, and would love to know if it is possible to increase the view distance of grass...if you don't get me, i'll explain...in my game, there is a certain distance in wich i can see lovely grass, but, when a certain threshold is achieve the grass gets sparser and disappears from view... so my question is..is it possible to increase the distance at wich is possible to see the grass at the ground level?
    if need be, and noone understands my point i can post a screenshot later so you can see what im refering...
    Oh, god... my sides hurt... I know you don't mean what I thought you meant for a second (different meaning of the word "grass")... but thank you. That was hilarious.

And no, I'm pretty sure that's enforced by forces beyond our control.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba
    Oh, god... my sides hurt... I know you don't mean what I thought you meant for a second (different meaning of the word "grass")... but thank you. That was hilarious.

lol

stunning now i have grass everywhere...weed extending far as the eye can see....a stoner's dream=)))) lol no the grass now is in place as far as the eye can see..i put the number 600 to the grass definition...it is sweet!!! =)
    now i only have to be able to get new trees in game to get a killer RTW...got the models, but can't make them appear on screen without a CTD...
    Last edited by iberus_generalis; 08-01-2006 at 10:22.
    "Deep in Iberia there is a tribe that doesn't rule itself, nor allows anyone to rule it"Gaius Julius Caesar

Seii Taishōgun 征夷大将軍 Member PROMETHEUS's Avatar

I cant help for trees , but I am glad you like the new grass , will release probably the second uipgrade to the grass soon ....

Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

VIS ET HONOR

Seii Taishōgun 征夷大将軍 Member PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

VIS ET HONOR

is this add on new grass to add to the already existing grasses in res gestae or is it just a mini mod to stock RTW and modded rtw?

edit..sorry i see now that this is the lovely flowers grass we see in the flower power post...=)
    Last edited by iberus_generalis; 08-01-2006 at 13:22.