Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia III: Return of the Mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: Mafia III: Return of the Mafia

Dude. BQ needs to die just for posting all that crap. DIE BQ!!!

I vote for the barbeque. BANQUOS GHOST. Uesguysgi whatver is next oin my list. And I am drunk.

Chnage my vote to banquo's ghost. He has too much to say.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    The Backroom is the Crackroom.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo's Ghost
    Hey guys, guys.

I'm a pacifist - soft and fluffy tree-hugger type, y'know. Never hurt a fly - I have kittens to support.

Crazed Rabbit owns guns. Probably gas too. Remember, Sigurd was gassed - if I was the whale-avenger, I'd have shot him with a harpoon and dragged him through freezing water etc.

You're in danger of lynching the wrong Ghost here.
    I do not, nor have I ever, owned a gun, or gas, in my life.

What other lies are you spreading?

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro
    Yeah, suuuure you are
    I assure you I have retired from terrorizing this village, as I have moved my assassination business to another location...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowhead418
    I assure you I have retired from terrorizing this village, as I have moved my assassination business to another location...
    Hmm, a little to quick to jump on the defensive if you ask me, particularly in response to a post that was clearly meant to be taken lightly.

Hmm, a little to quick to jump on the defensive if you ask me...
    And you seem a little quick to emphasize this minor point. *rubs unshaven chin and glares suspiciously toward Sasaki*

Savior of Peasant Phill Member Silver Rusher's Avatar

Sasaki Kojiro, for replying to Cowhead's point which was "clearly meant to be taken lightly" only 5 minutes after it was posted.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Quote Originally Posted by B_Ray
    And you seem a little quick to emphasize this minor point. *rubs unshaven chin and glares suspiciously toward Sasaki*
    Look at it this way: currently the only way we can figure out who the mafia are is by our detective getting lucky or by analysis of voting results. The mafia made mistakes in voting last time and Kommodus was able to discover them, it's doubtful they would make the same mistakes again. The only clues we can get are from posts. If I post making accusations on Cowhead (who I have no reason to suspect) maybe a discussion will start and we can glean information from how he defends himself and who gets involved.

Hmm, sounds a little too rational... J/k But seriously, you're still on my suspect list. My vote remains with The Spartan, though, so you're off the hook this time.

This time...

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B_Ray
    Hmm, sounds a little too rational... J/k But seriously, you're still on my suspect list. My vote remains with The Spartan, though, so you're off the hook this time.

This time...
    Yeah his talks are bit to eloquent if you ask me. Moderator or not, I will watch you Sasaki!

Quote Originally Posted by Gertgregoor
    Yeah his talks are bit to eloquent if you ask me. Moderator or not, I will watch you Sasaki!
    What is it about villagers that makes you assume they are less eloquent? If I was mafia would I draw attention to myself in this manner, even if I knew I could say "If I was mafia would I draw attention to myself in this manner"?

You're the third person to say you find the fact that I'm asking questions suspicious. B-ray and Silver Rusher can probably get a pass because they were the first two, but being the 3rd person on a bandwagon is a mafia thing to do. What do you have to say to that?

Oh man, some not-so-compelling stuff to base a vote on, I'm torn! For now, I shall cast my vote for Banquo's Ghost. Like my momma always said, don't never trust no ghosts. They gonna' getch'a! Plus, a ghost seems like it'd have reason to be pissed off and want to bring others down.

Hmm, a little to quick to jump on the defensive if you ask me, particularly in response to a post that was clearly meant to be taken lightly.
    I'm not jumping on the defensive, I know your post was clearly meant to be taken lightly. I assumed my post was also clearly meant to be taken lightly, I guess I was wrong. Perhaps I should have added one of these: ?
    Last edited by Cowhead418; 08-14-2006 at 20:19.

The Breath of God Member Divine Wind's Avatar

Csar

The Snowman of Death will reveal all.

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Cowhead418
    I'm not jumping on the defensive, I know your post was clearly meant to be taken lightly. I assumed my post was also clearly meant to be taken lightly, I guess I was wrong. Perhaps I should have added one of these: ?
    Nah man, I was was just trying to put you on the defensive and see how you reacted.

I'm gonna stick with Sasaki, but Banquo's Ghost is looking incredibly suspicious. Don't need to vote for him though, everyone else already has.

The Spartan is also suspicious. Last game he was very enthusiastic, posting wispers from the dead every 5 minutes or so after being murdered but this time his vote was just a simple
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spartan
    Csar
    . Lying low and not attracting attention to yourself, but still voting in each round seem to be the best tactics for a mafioso.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Rusher
    I'm gonna stick with Sasaki, but Banquo's Ghost is looking incredibly suspicious. Don't need to vote for him though, everyone else already has.
    What exactly is suspicious about Banquo's behavior?

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Voting was over, and Chief of Police Beirut told everybody that it was so. He then proceeded to give the results - Banquo's Ghost by a landslide. BG cringed.

Beirut led him up to a platform, facing the crowd.

"So BG, any last words?"

Banquo's Ghost took the opportunity.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. Thanks, Beirut old chap for allowing me this last chance to address my fellow Frontroomers. Guys, you're making a terrible mistake here in accusing me as the person you think disposed of poor Sigurd Fafnesbane and discovery1. You stand ready to lynch me here with your mob mentality and torches and whatnot, but please let me give you the chance to prove my innocence. These kills clearly made for political reasons - those which do not match my views, as those of you brave enough to frequent the Backroom may know. You say that the killer hated the environment but you forget that the litter in fact was not litter at all - rather it was a trap cleverly made to look like an envelope full of money. So anyway, the argument that this was done for political reasons, even though it proves my innocence already, has been rendered null and void. Second, as already stated, I am a pacifist, so would not on any occasion do harm to anyone, yet alone so violently end the lives of two of my own kinsmen in the Frontroom! Thirdly, and finally, I would never sink low enough to say "arrivederci" on any occasion. You remember, of course, that I write for a living and would never resort to a low, Schwartzeneggeresque catchphrase to dispatch an enemy, which I wouldn't do anyway. I think I have done a fairly acceptable job of defending myself, especially here under these nerve-wracking circumstances I have been forced to speak under, and I hope that-"

"You've said enough," Beirut interrupted. BG's monologue had put half the villagers to sleep. The Chief of Police then pulled a secret lever, dropping BG into a hole much like disco. Beirut then hauled out a big barrel of gunpowder and began pouring it on the condemned.

"Hey, wait a minute, I thought you were going to gas me!"

"Sorry, but I lied." Beirut had a grim, sober expression. "You are a warning to any remaining members of the mafia - the Frontroom Police Department is prepared to fight dirty!" He then lit a match, backed WAY up, and tossed into BG's hole. He turned to ash even faster than Disco.

Beirut once again faced the crowd. "Remember gentlemen, that was a warning. I think we got the mafioso, but in case we didn't... that will happen to you. Good night."

Here is the voting tally for Session 1:

Banquo's Ghost: 9
    Crazed Rabbit: 4
    Ice: 2
    Drisos: 2
    Reenk Roink: 2
    The Spartan: 2
    Ianofsmeg16, Uesugi Kenshin, EMFM, Csar, Tiberius, Sasaki Kojiro: 1 each

Still alive:
    Reenk Roink
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Crazed Rabbit
    SSNeoperestroika
    Csar
    AggonyDuck
    evil_maniac from mars
    Zalmoxis
    The Spartan
    Orb
    Ice
    Uesugi Kenshin
    Tiberius
    Eclectic
    Lemur
    Ignoramus
    Kommodus
    Destroyer of Hope
    Drisos
    Peasant Phill
    Silver Rusher
    UltraWar
    Ianofsmeg16
    Gertgregoor
    littlelostboy
    Cowhead418
    Divine Wind
    Wonderland
    Stormcrow
    Kralizec
    Kagemusha
    Hiji
    B_Ray
    Alexander the Pretty Good
    diablodelmar
    Pannonian

Killed:
    Sigurd Fafnesbane
    discovery1

Executed:
    Banquo's Ghost

~~~~~~~
    Mafia/Detective (if still alive), if you could PM me your next selections.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 08-15-2006 at 04:37. Reason: votes tallied and list updated
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo's Ghost
    Hey guys, guys.

I'm a pacifist - soft and fluffy tree-hugger type, y'know. Never hurt a fly - I have kittens to support.

Crazed Rabbit owns guns. Probably gas too. Remember, Sigurd was gassed - if I was the whale-avenger, I'd have shot him with a harpoon and dragged him through freezing water etc.

You're in danger of lynching the wrong Ghost here.
    This post is.

Notice the pacifist statement. What normal person would use that as an argument?

Also notice the accusation of Crazed Rabbit. This kind of scapegoating was familiar in the last mafia:

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur (not actual quote but I will do my best to get it as accurate as possible)
    Silver Rusher. I saw him enjoying a spicy meat-a-ball. Sure sign he's a mafioso.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Oh dear. What have I done? Banquo's Ghost,

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Your artful contributions will be missed whether or not you are the mafia! How could I have contributed to the loss of one of the game's most poetic players?

Sasaki is right.

We need to do this a little more organized.
    Last edited by Divinus Arma; 08-14-2006 at 22:50.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    The Backroom is the Crackroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Rusher
    This post is.

Notice the pacifist statement. What normal person would use that as an argument?

Also notice the accusation of Crazed Rabbit. This kind of scapegoating was familiar in the last mafia:
    Actually, this makes you look suspicious. Banquo doesn't suggest much at all, he is just trying to defend himself rather poorly. There is nothing in the post to conclude for sure that he is a mafioso. I think an innocent man would have said something like "well he has a bunch of votes against him, and someone needs to die". A mafioso on the other hand would be eager to see a civilian lynched, and jump on the bandwagon.

You're probably not one of the mafia. But that answer aroused my suspicions somewhat. Perhaps you're just glad it's not you being executed.

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

How on earth did a guy like Banquo's Ghost get nine votes against him?

Being a newcomer to the Frontroom, I didn't have time to get to know that ghostly fellow, so thankfully my mourning will pass rather quickly. *begins mourning*

Sigh... He seemed like a nice guy.

*finishes mourning* Now that I can think clearly again, my vote this time remains with The Spartan. Again, I don't have previous experience with his behavior to go off of, but the fact that others seem to agree that The Spartan's behavior is rather uncharacteristic seems stronger than any other evidence we have to go on.

Of course, he may simply be too busy at this time to participate to the degree which he would like to. An explanation from him would be nice.

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

...and why, my dear villagers, do you think the Mafiosi will be going public, making accusations and contributing to discussion? It's the way to make a mistake, get investigated and die like, like what happened to Lemur.
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

B_Ray, noone's been killed again. So hold off a bit until we have a crime to find the criminal for.

Also, I don't think it's the Spartan. He hasn't really been acting strange.

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

OOooooOOOooOoooooOOOoooooooo...
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reenk Roink
    How on earth did a guy like Banquo's Ghost get nine votes against him?
    I think it's basically, the first few voters make a choice. They have almost zero clues to the maffia identity yet, and so do the later voters. For the later voters, it's just safe to vote someone who seems to be going to be killed anyway. If he's mafia, he can't kill you anymore, if he's not, you did not provoke a deadly reaction from a mafia member.. I voted BG for that reason, as I had not a clue to the mafia identity anyway... sorry bg!
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

why do you guy hate me? last time i was killed really early. you want me to jump up and down like crazy and be an easy target for the mafia? i think not!

Sasaki Kojiro

Quote Originally Posted by Drisos
    I think it's basically, the first few voters make a choice. They have almost zero clues to the maffia identity yet, and so do the later voters. For the later voters, it's just safe to vote someone who seems to be going to be killed anyway. If he's mafia, he can't kill you anymore, if he's not, you did not provoke a deadly reaction from a mafia member.. I voted BG for that reason, as I had not a clue to the mafia identity anyway... sorry bg!
    If you vote for a mafioso it would be a foolish move for them to kill you.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Day breaks in the Frontroom. All is quiet. Everyone was tense about the two killings yesterday, but they were confident that the right man was executed. When nothing happened at breakfast, they all relaxed. And so everyone went out to get their mail without a fear in the world.

However, this situation quickly changed for UltraWar. When opening one particular envelope a thin, white mist came out and filled the air. Horrified, UW read the message inside:

"What you have just inhaled is a slow-acting poison. Bring $10,000 cash to the warehouse outside of town if you want the antidote. You have only just enough time to get to the bank before coming."

UW did what he was told, and soon he approached the warehouse. He didn't seem to be feeling any effects of the poison... yet.

Once inside, he met a shadowy figure - the mafioso. However, UW was beyond caring at the point. He just wanted to get out alive.

"Ok, I brought the money! Now give me the antidote!"

The mafioso smiled, taking the money. He took a painfully slow time of counting it, making sure it was all there. Finally, he spoke again.

"Good. Now, the antidote is in the syringe on the table in front of you." UW hurriedly grabbed the syringe and injected himself. Immediately he realized something was wrong. The mafioso just chuckled.

"I thought you’d like to know the envelope wasn’t really poisoned," he says. "The syringe, however, was. Thanks for the cash by the way." He then departed, leaving UltraWar's eyes to go wide with horror - the last expression he would ever make.

Later that afternoon, Zalmoxis was at the lake, feeding the ducks. He had a strange fascination with them. Maybe it was something from a previous life? Soon, however, a far more fascinating thing caught his eye - a beautiful woman, beckoning to him, with a smile on her face. The ducks instantly forgotten, Zal followed her. She led him away from the lake, back to a residential part of the village. She opened the door to a house; Zal only assumed it was hers. As she walked up the stairs, Zal tried to follow, but was pulled aside, into the bathroom. Facing him was a very nasty-looking figure with a falx in his hand.

Zal tried to escape, but the mafioso had an iron grip on him. He had no choice but to stay in the bathroom.

"Interesting name, Zalmoxis," the mafioso said. "Surely named after the Thracian deity. And about to be killed with a Thracian weapon." Zal gulped, that falx looked menacing. "Now, we'll see whether the soul is immortal or not."

The mafioso slashed away, leaving Zalmoxis a mess on the floor. Before he passed, he saw his killer light up a cigarette and say "arrivederci."

Later, Chief of Police Beirut had the entire village gathered in the town center again.

"Gentlemen, he said, "it appears that we did not rid this town of the mafia last night. Therefore, we must vote again tonight. The same procedure will follow. Please find the mafioso, for the sake of the Frontoom."

Those who are alive, get voting!
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast