Page 1 of 167 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: LEN Teh Footy God's Footballodium

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Default LEN Teh Footy God's Footballodium

Gents and barbarians, we have gathered here to meet the expectations of the forthcoming season from us.

Place your bets, dive in Cristiano Ronaldo, enjoy your all footy victory here please.

In minutes, I'll make some predictions for those who are interested in bets for an appetizer.

K-YAAAAAAAH !!! KICK OFF !!!

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Default Re: LEN Teh Footy God's Footballodium

Ok, here's the Dutch competition match roster (for the coming two weeks):

25-Aug-2006 19:30 Roda JC - ADO Den Haag
    26-Aug-2006 20:00 FC Utrecht - Sparta
    26-Aug-2006 19:00 sc Heerenveen - Willem II
    26-Aug-2006 20:00 RKC Waalwijk - Excelsior
    26-Aug-2006 20:00 Vitesse - AZ Gelredome
    27-Aug-2006 14:30 FC Twente - PSV
    27-Aug-2006 14:30 Feyenoord - Heracles Almelo
    27-Aug-2006 14:30 NEC - FC Groningen
    27-Aug-2006 14:30 NAC Breda - Ajax
    08-Sep-2006 20:00 ADO Den Haag - NAC Breda
    08-Sep-2006 20:15 FC Twente - Roda JC
    09-Sep-2006 20:00 Excelsior - sc Heerenveen
    09-Sep-2006 19:30 Willem II - PSV

Now obviously most non Dutch visitors of the org 'll know little or nothing of the mentioned teams, however that doesn't un-able you to make a bet on a game, so don't let those foreign names daunt you.

Also, other football competition fixtures will be added. for the fun of it, as will the Champions League (for starters merely the first groups):

12 September:

Group A

Barcelona 0–0 Levski Sofia 20:45
    Chelsea 0–0 Werder Bremen 20:45

Group B

Sporting Portugal 0–0 Internazionale 20:45
    Bayern Munchen 0–0 Spartak Moskou 20:45

For those who still don't ''get'' this thread just remember the Predictions thread made for the WC. This thread 'll work just like that.

Last edited by Dutch_guy; 08-25-2006 at 18:09. Reason: Spelling....
    I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Well tonight, (I know I've been a bit late ), I could pick two mathes for prediction:

Besiktas - Konyaspor Bet: Over 2.5 goals

Schalke - Werder Bremen Bet: Over 2.5 Goals

Combined, gives around 1 to 3. That would be sufficient to build some base money to bet higher on tomorrow's matches which are more, hence more predicstion combinations being possible.

LEN I know that you'e not a Fenebache fan, but how would you rate Anelka...as we've (BWFC) have just signed him?
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

I place this bet:

Ajax will win the UEFA Cup.

Real Madrid vs Steaua Bucharest 2-0
    Steaua Bucharest vs Real Madrid 1-0
    Lyon vs Steaua 3-0
    Steaua vs Lyon 0-0
    Dinamo Kyiv vs Steaua 2-0
    Steaua vs Dinamo Kyiv 2-0
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache
    LEN I know that you'e not a Fenebache fan, but how would you rate Anelka...as we've (BWFC) have just signed him?
    From what I know is that he's a pretty lazy guy, which is sad cause he's an incredible player if he puts his mind to it. A seven out of 10 for how he is now, and easily two points higher if he's in form and decides to play football again...

My two cents on the matter, LEN 'll probably have a thing or two more to say about him I'd say.

[EDIT] On Edyz matches :

Real Madrid vs Steaua Bucharest 2-0
    Steaua Bucharest vs Real Madrid 0-0
    Lyon vs Steaua 2-0
    Steaua vs Lyon 1-1
    Dinamo Kyiv vs Steaua 1-0
    Steaua vs Dinamo Kyiv 2-0

Last edited by Dutch_guy; 08-25-2006 at 19:33.
    I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

InsaneApache, firstly, I'm a BIG Fenerbahçe fan.

Anelka is claimed to be the best of his generation by one of the most known coaches of France national team (I can't remember who). His generation is of those like Henry, Trezeguet and Cissé. Stamina, strentgh, technique, ball control, shooting, heading, pace, acceleration, creativity are all complete with Anelka. He is a football god..

..But a dead one..He has personal problems somehow. His mental stance is never relieved, always seems sick of things, bored and consumed, and somehow arrogant. He, being a Muslim, was very warmly welcome here -another factor added to his fame and quality to blend with fans. But let alone fans, he didn't even blend with his teammates at all. He is always disturbed, demanding a move at the end of the season. He still thinks his unfulfilled talent that is never run, should get him to the gianst he was playing for once. But that's not the truth. If you are constantly creating problems somewhere, multiplying this with your arrogance, you don't stand a chance with giants.

Anelka is the greatest talent of all, however, although being 25-26, he has already retired. He will never perform consistently again until he decides to retire. I can tell this so sure.

Bolton just bought a kit-seller. Nothing more in terms of use unfortunately.
    Last edited by LeftEyeNine; 08-25-2006 at 20:31.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Anelka is very old.

Ajax Amsterdam is my soul team.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Besiktas 3-1 Konyaspor Bet: Won (Over 2.5 Goals)

Schalke 04 2-0 Werder Bremen Bet: Lost (Over 2.5 Goals)

If only Werder could pull through a single goal..

Senior Member Senior Member Red Peasant's Avatar

Excellent summary LEN, but 'greatest talent of all'? No.
    He'll do some good stuff for Bolton, but let them down in the end. I wonder if big Sam will end up thumping him ... I hope so!
    Dum spiro spero

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices.
    - William James

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

I hope Chelsea goes on to win it all. It was dissapoynting, there loss versus Boro but I cannot forget Chelsea's routes. It has not been long since they were a sub-par team. I am glad my fondness for Chelsea (not Chelski) has finally paid off.

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : Re: LEN Teh Footy God's Footballodium

Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeNine
    His mental stance is never relieved, always seems sick of things, bored and consumed,
    Well, he isn't nicknamed The Incredible Sulk for nothing...

My prediction for this thread is that Anelka is going to score a handful of phenomenal goals in early september and will then stink for the rest of the season...
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Default Re: Re : Re: LEN Teh Footy God's Footballodium

Waiting for your predictions everybody.

Default Re: Re : Re: LEN Teh Footy God's Footballodium

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Well, he isn't nicknamed The Incredible Sulk for nothing...

My prediction for this thread is that Anelka is going to score a handful of phenomenal goals in early september and will then stink for the rest of the season...
    when he played for Arsenal i saw him play several times, he would meander around the opposition half looking really bored and dejected, then suddenly score an incredible goal, then return to being bored... nevertheless he was a great player and although hes a bit unusual i think he'l certainly be a help.. (although why is he needed! yu already have 2 or 3 good forwards --> Stellios, Davies etc.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishArmenian
    I hope Chelsea goes on to win it all. It was dissapoynting, there loss versus Boro but I cannot forget Chelsea's routes. It has not been long since they were a sub-par team. I am glad my fondness for Chelsea (not Chelski) has finally paid off.
    Chelsea might well get in gear and win it yet, but they'll just have to forget
    about taking points at the Riverside. *cough*

Edyz, [who must love the Boro also] Ajax for the UEFA Cup? They were knocked
    out of the Champions League by Copenhagen - I would be surprised if they even
    have a chance of being in contention for the cup.
    it's the **** that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by SSNeoperestroika
    Chelsea might well get in gear and win it yet, but they'll just have to forget
    about taking points at the Riverside. *cough*

Edyz, [who must love the Boro also] Ajax for the UEFA Cup? They were knocked
    out of the Champions League by Copenhagen - I would be surprised if they even
    have a chance of being in contention for the cup.
    Boro does have a flair for beating the favorites, I'll give you that. I cannot wait until the next match at Stamford Bridge, though.

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

There is the Saturday full of matches. Sharpen your minds, deposit your accounts and listen here, LEN is on bet.

Wohoooo !!! After all elimination disaster against Dinamo Kiev, our mighty board shows mercy for us the pity fans of the richest club of Turkey and signed two well-known strikers for Fenerbahçe:

Mateja Kezman from Atletico Madrid :

Deivid from Sporting Lisboa :

(For God's sake, where the heck were you before you moneybags ? )

Anyways.. w00t WooT !!! Now UEFA Cup has a challenger indeed.

You guys, welcome to the Republic of Fenerbahçe!

Last edited by LeftEyeNine; 08-26-2006 at 04:55.

German Enthusiast Member Alexanderofmacedon's Avatar

Germany = uberawsome

they are the best...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Peasant
    Excellent summary LEN, but 'greatest talent of all'? No.
    He'll do some good stuff for Bolton, but let them down in the end. I wonder if big Sam will end up thumping him ... I hope so!
    If 'BIG' Sam does punch him it might mean that he's lost his man-management skills.....

Thanks for the summary LEN, time will tell I suppose.

Sams worked his magic before on troublesome players, still time will tell.

Anyway back OT.

As we've signed 'le sulk' and in honour of our most costly signing ever.....

Charlton Athletic 0 Bolton Wanderers 2 (Nolan, Diouf)

and just for RP

Spurs 3 Everton 0

Just a note to congratulate Sevilla on turning over Barca in the super cup, well done
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Senior Member Senior Member Red Peasant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache
    Spurs 3 Everton 0
    Thanks IA! You jinxed the poncey Spurs boys. I owe ya a beer

Everton 2 Spurs 0, and we only had 10 men for an hour. Second in table!

Great day for me as Saints won the Challenge Cup at Twickers as well. What a dump! I can't wait to go to the new Wembley stadium next year, providing those idle Aussies have finished building it!
    Dum spiro spero

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices.
    - William James

And the beer will be returned with thanks .....to stuff the spuds at home must leave a warm glow, well done to Everton.

We got stuffed ourselves, but at least Charlton don't have that suvvern attitude that they 'belong' at the top table.

I'm sure you know which clubs I allude to. Nice to see Arsenel next to bottom....lmfao.....

BTW I won't be applying for Lawros job...I'm nearly as shite at predictions as he his.

The seasons looking interesting already.

Gah! I was too late to pick my bets. Promises for Sunday then.

Edu Dracena joins Fenerbahçe today by the way. That Dinamo Kiev defeat couldn't be any more effective.

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : LEN Teh Footy God's Footballodium

Thatcher / MendezOld news, I know, but I hadn't seen it until just now. I'm really appalled by it.

Thatcher definately crossed the line here between an excessive charge and plain criminal behaviour.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

The Breath of God Member Divine Wind's Avatar

Blackburn 0 Chelsea 2

Mumble Grumble...bloody Chelski...bloody Anelka going to Bolton...bloody Lampard...bloody Bellamy going to Liverpool...bloody Ben Thatcher....bloody Jose Moaninho...bloody Tugay getting old....bloody Ooijer having worst debut ever...bloody FOOTBALL!...mumble grumble..

Still...im glad its back
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Divine Wind, you forgot Bloody Didier Drogba! I'm glad Chelsea rebounded after our hard loss to Boro. Although more than once I found myself singing "The Wild Rover" not in support of Blackburn, I just like that song.

LEN forgets picking bets for you again.

But he won some starter money for bigger bets by predicting these matches right in the eye:

Mlade Boleslav 3-0 Sparta Prague Bet: 2-3 goals

Sakaryaspor 2-1 Fenerbahçe Bet: 2-3 goals

Athletic Bilbao 1-1 Real Sociedad Bet: 2-3 goals
    combined, giving 1 to 7.32, letting me hit it bigger next time.

Yeah Fenerbahçe lost (I had predicted a draw though), but who cares anyway after we were eliminated from CL.
    Last edited by LeftEyeNine; 08-28-2006 at 02:06.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeNine
    Yeah Fenerbahçe lost (I had predicted a draw though), but who cares anyway...
    Who cares, LEN?

[Unfortunately I cannot say things are going all
    too well on my domestic front.]
    it's the **** that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come

I mean after returning "home" again, I don't care about domestic defeats anymore. I want a team with continental reputation.

Page 1 of 167 123451151101 ... LastLast