Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Gotta have more Mafia [Concluded]

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Gotta have more Mafia (Finished)

Ignoramus sleeps with GH
    ignoramus sleeps with GH
    Ignoramus sleeps with GH
    Something you want to tell me, Ig?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

I thought that the best way was to pick one person and see if a pattern emerged of that person's activites during the night. I did manage to get Sigurd, but unfortuantely I was killed the same turn.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

I was right, but nobody ever listens to the martian, nooooooooo....

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief
    Something you want to tell me, Ig?
    'tis why I chose him for detective in the Godfather. I thought that was mega-weird.

Finding a pattern makes sense though...except everyone who is out at night will be out every night.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

GAH! Somehow, 'I told you so' just doesn't cut it.

You silly villagers fell for Sigurd twice! I mean, holy cow! Gaarrrggghhhhhhhhh

To Sasaki, great game. I enjoyed my role, though I didn't get to do much with it. Next time...

Looking thorugh the writeup, I notice I had both mafias after me! Haha to them!

I guess I should have noticed Reenk and gone after him. Kind of funny that I picked two godfathers out of my 5 attempts.

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro
    'tis why I chose him for detective in the Godfather. I thought that was mega-weird.

Finding a pattern makes sense though...except everyone who is out at night will be out every night.
    Like I said before, I slightly misunderstood the rules in SR's game, hence my strange/stupid behaviour.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus
    Like I said before, I slightly misunderstood the rules in SR's game, hence my strange/stupid behaviour.
    No worries m8...remember you're talking to the guy who claimed to be the detective when he wasn't and promptly got himself killed by the mafia

In a top-secret lab planning world domination

Default Re: Gotta have more Mafia (day 7)

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd Fafnesbane
    I am glad it is over though, I have never lied out my teeth to this extent before. It makes you feel funny.
    Yeah, I totally know the feeling.

Anyway, that was a well-played endgame. I'm surprised you got everyone to fall for you. Very clever story you came up with there.
    If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward. -Jack Handey

Default Re: Gotta have more Mafia (day 7)

Quote Originally Posted by Kommodus
    Yeah, I totally know the feeling.
    Personally I enjoyed the hell out of lying and getting everyone to believe me

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Well thanks guys, you go to bed and wake up dead. I didn't even get the chance to defend myself for crying out loud! Damn time difference !

I would have at least tried to persuade you guys what role I had in the game, which might even have worked - who knows...

Now you guys simply opened up the door for Sigurd to bandwagon me, mafia style.

Argh, frustrating really.

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

zombologist Senior Member doc_bean's Avatar

Nice game Sasaki, albeit somewhat confusing at times
    Yes, Iraq is peaceful. Go to sleep now. - Adrian II

*cheers*

We did it, guys!

Champagne all round!

This is what happens when you lynch Orb.

'My intelligence is not just insulted, it's looking for revenge with a gun and no mercy. ' - Frogbeastegg

SERA NIMIS VITA EST CRASTINA VIVE HODIE

The life of tomorrow is too late - live today!

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

I guess a writeup is in order...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Memoirs of a Godfather

When the chance presented itself of another Mafia game for one that was killed in the very first round of the previous game, I jumped at it with eager anticipation.
    When the first PM arrived from Sasaki, I was at a seminar with the boring title: Implementing a MS SQL 2005 db; course 2779.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki
    You are the Chinese Godfather. Your mafia henchmen are Orb and Wonderland. You have recently emigrated to this town and are trying to remove the Italian mafia from it. To win you must eliminate all the townspeople and the Italian Mafia members. Be advised they will be trying to eliminate you as well. However they don’t know your identity just as you do not know theirs.

As the Godfather you will be the one to communicate to me which person you plan to kill and how (after discussion with your henchmen of course). Kills will be made with a weapon of some kind, nothing too elaborate. You must also tell me which of your henchmen will be making the kill. I’d like this to take place inside the town. Also, unlike your henchmen, you cannot be killed at night (in other words the only way for you to die is by being lynched).

Needless to say I spent the remaining time of the course chatting and contemplating strategies with my henchmen.

We agreed on a shortlist of victims since communication between ourselves could be limited. We started off quite good with each of my henchmen suggesting a victim from this shortlist. I made the final call as to whom the target was and the henchman suggesting this target got the kill.

Round 1.

On our shortlist was Crazed Rabbit and Silver Rusher (and several others). My British Henchman wanted to get Crazed Rabbit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Orb
    I reckon Crazed Rabbit, we could frame it neatly on a WWII expert (CR is placed in a Panzer i.e. Flammenkatze filled with oil and the murderer drops a match in.
    My West coast American henchman wanted Silver Rusher:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland
    For our first kill, I'd go with Silver Rusher from your list, if you and Orb also agree. I would also consider taking out General Handkerchief pretty early on too, heh
    I decided Silver Rusher would be our first kill and Wonderland performed the kill.

We got lucky, twice. Not only did we kill a rivalling mafia henchman it resulted in another kill because of the Romeo&Juliette roles. Two flies with one swing. This seemed to be a good game for us.

At this time I contemplated on cooperation with the other Mafia since the chance of marking the same targets were quite high. I would send PM’s to the other mafia via Sasaki. But I thought the better of it.

Lemur was bandwagoned and we all joined in. It was too easy.

At this time I spent some time in the chat room and was greatly disappointed at Silver Rusher for revealing the mafia organisation to some of the active players. Amongst them I noticed General_H and later doc_bean. One of our strong advantages was that nobody knew there were two organisations totalling 6 mafia members. Nobody but the Italian mafia knew we existed and they would not voice the possibility that there were two organisations because that would mark them as mafia to us. We had decided that we would not pursue the other mafia before the existence of two mafias was a certainty. This situation came sooner than we had anticipated.
    I got a PM from Sasaki about this time:
    Your informants in the prison have information for you regarding the prisoner Lemur. His role is "Tom", he is neither pro-town nor pro-mafia, his winning condition is getting his arch-nemesis "Jerry" lynched.

Round 2

We decided to go for Crazed Rabbit this turn with Orb as the killer. As fortune struck in round 1 this turn gave us nothing but misery. The hobo decided to pay Orb a visit which unlocked one of the hobo’s powers in this particular game. To distinguish the nightly active with those that slept during the night.
    I got this from Sasaki:
    Orb was detained and unable to make the hit.
    From this we deduced that the hobo must be a role blocker, a truly powerful role. Since we thought we dealt with the thief here we also believed this role could not be killed during the night.
    When GH announced that he thought Orb was innocent I breathed again. Nobody noticed the noticeable.
    Of course my main opponent, doc_bean had to give voice to the obvious making himself a target. He got a spot on our list.
    General_H was orchestrating the bandwagon against Orb and leading it with threats and vigour. This was suspicious in our eyes and we believed he was one of the Italian mafia. Orb got many votes this turn and we agreed that the likelihood of him getting lynched this round was quite high. I therefore voted for him. A little late it seemed as he had just confessed. Luckily nobody noticed.
    Orb names General_H, Lemur and doc_bean as mafia just before he is lynched.

Then something interesting is played out. EMFM confesses his role as a cop naming General_H and NeoPerestroika as Mafia. Neo is promptly put on our list.
    When General_H attacks EMFM we know that GH is sitting on info that ordinary townspeople do not know; The identity of the two roles Tom&Jerry. Our suspicions of him are reinforced and he is marked as our next target. We believe EMFM is a cop.

Lemur is on trial and we are asked to vote for his lynch. I first join the bandwagon (this is such a fun word), I suddenly got worried that the game would end if Tom was lynched. I therefore cooked up a story about the situation being fishy and changed my vote.
    It had a bonus effect. The bandwagon was effectively turned by this and we got some additional information.
    First of all Divinus Arma marked himself as Jerry by insisting to continue the bandwagon on getting Lemur lynched. He became a no-threat to us.
    I suggested this possibility just to get it confirmed by Lemur calling me crazy.
    One more tibit of information leaked in just as we started round 3.
    doc_bean did his major mistake in this game and we noticed of course.
    He replied to the crazy post of Lemur with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by doc_bean
    So who is your archenemy then ?
    This was not his original post. You’ll notice that it has been edited in the thread.
    The original post was this:
    Quote Originally Posted by doc_bean
    So who is Jerry then ?
    This marked him as knowing the identity of Lemur’s role and we knew he was in the mafia.

Round 3

The remaining Chinese mafia (hereafter named as the Triad) performed the last wish of our beloved henchman. We set a mark on General_H and Wonderland would perform the kill.
    General_H died all right but we knew it was not us who made the kill as our killing method was not used.
    This was the PM I sent to Sasaki:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonslayer
    After a difficult decision and by advise of my henchman…
    The Chinese target for tonight is GeneralHankerchief; hit man is Wonderland

Method:
    General_h has just finished his dinner at his favourite Italian restaurant and is about to leave the establishment. As he grabs the handle of the entrance door a black car rolls past with windows down and tommyguns sticking out. Glass and wood exploding all around him he feels the bullet impacts shake his body… As the car speeds off a note is dropped out of the window.
    “This was for Orb”
    The result was quite surprising and yet satisfactory. We got rid of another cop.
    We still believed EMFM was a cop but disregarded him as a threat to us. We believed he was the paranoid cop, but this assessment nearly ended the game for me at a later round.

Divinus Arma drums up the bandwagon against Lemur again to get his arch nemesis lynched.
    Then Ignoramus decides something that could get quite dangerous if we didn’t quench it right there and then. We had no overview of the possible roles here and if all decided to reveal their roles the mafia would stick out as a sore thumb. I quenched it right there and then and diverted the attention by drumming up a bandwagon on Zalmoxis. This catches on and votes starts coming in against Zalmoxis. This is the turning point were I start searching for a possible role to be revealed at a critical moment, which would later be a lifesaver.

As the two bandwagons gain popularity B_Ray does what doc_bean has done before him and names Lemur as Tom. No regular player knows about this yet and I try to give a few hints about this to the townsfolk but nobody seems to notice.
    Round 3 finishes and the roles of Lemur, Divinus Arma and Zalmoxis is revealed and three more players leave the game. A great day for the mafia especially since one of them was a doctor. One less player working against our agenda. I must admit I was a little worried that if someone targeted me one night I would turn up as magically saved and without a doctor that would be suspicious. My opponent doc_bean obviously had the same thought as he mentions in a post unnoticed by the rest that he hoped that a nurse exist amongst the roles left in the game.

Round 4

This is the turn we try to get one of the Italian mafia more specifically doc_bean.
    If he was the Godfather we would drum up a bandwagon mentioning the missing doctor. This also meant we would have to get the other mafia pretty soon too or he would be on us like a hound.
    My pm to Sasaki:
    Night 4 in Gotta have more mafia…

The target for this night is doc_bean , henchman: Wonderland
    Method:
    Tommyguns blazing in a drive by shooting at an Italian restaurant and a note, “This is for Orb”
    I can’t remember getting a pm telling us that doc_bean is not killable at night but we knew when the kill was not posted the following morning. We knew that he was the Italian godfather. Crazy Rabbit was robbed and it would be easy to get him lynched this round, but our agenda was to take out doc_bean. I didn’t know how to frame him yet, but CR took care of that for us, well even if it was thin it put doubts into the hearts of the townsfolk.
    The voting raged back and forth between doc_bean, CR and EMFM getting Sasaki’s counting all mixed up.
    I noticed that my henchman was not participating and I sent him a note:

The time is near for us to get rid of the other mafia since the number of villagers are dropping. Hopefully this coming night will see 3 kills. That is if we actually are able to lynch someone in the current round. If you jump on the bandwagon for doc_bean I will cast the final vote on him.
    Wonderland cast a vote for doc_bean and I followed up by changing my initial vote for Crazed Rabbit. Ignoramus followed up and closed the deal. In my next note to my henchman I revealed the following:
    Greetings Triad,

We got the Godfather of our opponents. doc_bean was the unkillable Godfather of the Italian mafia. Celebrations are in order…

This was an interesting turn.
    Ice seems pretty guilty for defending doc_bean and bandwagoning Crazy Rabbit as fast as he did.
    Cowhead turned around on a penny getting Sasaki’s counting mixed up. doc_bean had really only 5 votes against him at the end.
    Reenk Roink refrained from actually voting and that is suspicious. B-Ray never posted during round 4.
    That leaves only 10 votes but Sasaki’s tally showed 12 votes.

It could be that Reenk Roink is the naïve cop and only get innocent results. I believe EMFM is the paranoid cop getting only guilty results.
    Ignoramus claims he is the prostitute.

That leaves
    Crazed Rabbit
    Cowhead418
    Tiberius
    B_Ray
    Dutch_Guy

One of them is the thief and the other our partner in crime (vigilante).
    Some of these should be masons since we have already killed one.
    Is anyone up for analysing voting habits to sift out the masons? No?

Anyway, who should we go for in round 5
    All though Reenk Roink had been giving hints about being the hobo (thief), I got suspicious of his assertions of innocent people. Maybe he was the naïve cop getting innocent results?
    That put me off his trail and he seemed like a no-threat.
    Doc_bean spilled the … well … beans and I didn’t appreciate that at all; telling the townspeople that a godfather is immune to night kills.
    This would be the start of my downfall.

Round 5

This is the round that I made a few mistakes. I probably should have waited trying to get Ice, the last of the mafia. As it appeared he got killed but not by us as my pm to Sasaki will show:
    I have contacted my henchman with a list of possible kills. He has as of yet not made a reply...

I will therefore have to make that call without advice.
    Target: Ice
    Killer: Wonderland
    Method: Kung Fu technique that breaks neck. The target never knew what happened.
    Ice is killed with a single bullet to the head. I am starting to believe that Sasaki is not using our methods at all, and that I have been writing them needlessly.
    I decided to get our nightly active player, Crazed Rabbit lynched and luckily our Prostitute got visited the night before making my case against CR stronger. I really hoped someone else would drum up the bandwagon for me but two whole days passed with no one posting.
    I decided to go for it, a classic mistake for a mafia.
    The bandwagon got rolling and everybody joined.
    We got majority but Crazed Rabbit got in a major punch line before he was lynched, naming me as not killable by night. The time had come to pull out my made up character which by the way is not made up but a real role in variations of mafia games.
    The time had come to get rid of potentially dangerous players, I decided that our Prostitute had to go as she could spot my henchman and give the word to the townspeople. I hoped that I could draw the attention to myself and get all remaining investigators to target me.
    My note to my henchman:
    Greetings Triad,

The game is probably ending for me soon…
    I made some mistakes during the last phases of this game.
    By killing the last mafia and getting the serial killer lynched it is up to us to finish off the rest of the townies. The only problem is this, they have all roles.
    I believe there are at least two masons left. They know each other’s roles. There are probably two cops left, the paranoid and the gullible.
    Crazy Rabbit has announced that he tried to target me last round. Either the people believe him or not.

Another problem is the two publicly announced roles, the prostitute and the cop.
    If the prostitute ‘investigates’ you, Wonderland, you come up as guilty. If the thief decides to rob your house you are blocked and found guilty.
    Two players that should not be left alone in this game.
    Hopefully I will draw the attention of both the next round. The thief should go first if he is killable at night (according to the wiki links he can’t be killed by the mafia).
    Then the prostitute, then the masons.

Now the roles,
    I suspect the following names having the role;

Reenk Roink – naïve Cop,
    Evil maniac from mars – paranoid Cop,
    Ignoramus – Prostitute,
    Tiberius – Thief,
    CowHead – Mason,
    Dutch_Guy – Mason,
    B_Ray – ? Could be the mason instead of Cowhead or Dutch guy. If there are 3 masons left we have a serious problem.
    We had a serious problem at our hands and we had really no chance to pull it off.

Tiberius is a little triggerhappy and casts a vote against me before the next round. This made a little opening as this is also a classic mafia mistake. You are the mafia not performing the kill this night and the narrator is delaying the posting and you drop by with your mandatory vote not realising that the killings has not been posted yet.

Round 6

I send my pm to Sasaki naming Ignoramus as our target and Wonderland as the killer.
    Somehow Sasaki get things mixed up since I also mention that Wonderland is taking a break due to his studies.
    The thief/hobo makes a visit to my house as I hoped he would but I come up as one who has been out during the night. I am thinking; that can’t be right?
    My downfall seems imminent.

Dutch_guy votes for Wonderland not seeing the obvious. That makes him a threat to Wonderland as he might have come over some information. As Reenk Roink votes for me I pull out my alibi of being the terrorist with out actually naming the role as I am not totally sure that such a role not already exists in the game. I name Tiberius as the active mafia and B_Ray as Godfather.
    This catches on and Cowhead418’s experience as a mafia is valuably making my case stronger.

EMFM is showing dangerously tendecies by being absolutely sure about me being guilty. He get’s a priority place on my list.
    Then the silent whispers from the dead are weakening my case ... not appreciated at all.

EMFM ends this round by reaffirming his role making my survival seem not possible.

Tiberius and B_Ray is both taken out of the game. Luckily they are both Masons and that makes the masons a no-threat to us for the remainder of the game. That made Reenk Roink the Thief/hobo as I first suspected. EMFM gets priority over RR in the next round.

Round 7

I start off by sending a pm to my remaining henchman urging him to participate:
    Wonderland… do you not visit this forum anymore?

I need you to participate one last time in the next round after we kill EMFM… If we are lucky and make the kill, that is if you are not robbed, we need to go after Dutch_guy. He is probably the only one we could frame. If that succeed we will win…
    Be sure to stay alert and not post until we get one more to bandwagon Dutch_Guy.

Good Luck
    My pm to Sasaki:
    Ah, I guess I am still on top of things.
    I knew I was going to get lynched last round based on the things CR said. And when I came up as robbed as well I thought; GOD DAMN!!

Fortuna is smiling and I live yet another night.
    Wonderland is probably going to be robbed this night, but we need the kill.

I think it is time we silence our paranoid cop.
    Target: evil_maniac_from_mars killer: Wonderland
    method:
    Beaten to death by a Chinese kung fu master.
    EMFM is killed and I am targeted again by the hobo, but this time I was asleep during the nigh… I thought: GOD DAMN, what is going on here?
    My made up alibi would not work as I had originally planned it. I had to brush up on it a little adding the 50/50 chance of getting a kill. I refrained from voting as that would have made me the desperate mafia and played the all out of clues and resigned villager. I knew Dutch_Guy was in Europe most likely asleep so he would be the one the others would frame if I played my cards right. I confessed my role hoping that the others would do the same. Wonderland stayed wonderfully quiet during the whole ordeal.
    I added the attempted kill on Cowhead418 to get him in a pinch. He of course took the bait as did Reenk Roink. My plan succeeded 100% when they both named Dutch_guy as Godfather. I added my vote making Wonderland’s not necessary.
    I Pm’ed Sasaki with these final words: “It is done”.
    Last edited by Sigurd; 10-10-2006 at 13:50. Reason: non functioning quote
    Status Emeritus

Great read Sigurd.

I must have messed up with the Hobo descriptions. In each case the person was meant to have been detained at home the entire night, I guess I didn't make that clear. Also a few whispers from the dead I should have removed but didn't. Oh well, you won anyway.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213