Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Napoleonic Total War 2 is out now!

Default Napoleonic Total War 2 is out now!

The Lordz are very proud and pleased to announce the first release of NTW2: The 1812 Borodino Scenario. As an extra we have added the last trailer, so you can come into the right mood.

Infantry Trailer

All movies require Quicktime to watch:

Apple Quicktime

High quality

(right click > save target as...)

Before downloading, installing and playing NTW2, we strongly advise you to carefully read our previous previews as they hold some vital usefull tips and information.

You still can view the older previews here:

1. Infantry Preview
    2. Cavalry Preview
    3. Artillery & Command
    4. Gameplay & Tactics
    5. Singleplayer & Multiplayer

Install Instructions

Make sure you have a clean copy of Rome Total War patched to version 1.5 or Rome Total War + Barbarian Invasion with the 1.6 patch installed, ready on your computer, download the installer and follow the instructions.

Tip: Napoleonic Total war 2 cannot be used with any other modification

Tip: Rome: Total War Gold edition and Total War: Eras already use RTW v1.5 and BI v1.6 so installation using those TW products should give no problems

Download Links

You can find all our products on The Lordz website:

-The Lordz website

All our products and downloads can be found in the download section on that site:

-The Download section

Support

We provide full support on The Lordz forum, we strongly advise to visit and register here first:

-The Lordz forum

For download, install or gameplay problems please post in here:

-The Surgeon`s Room

For your most immediate and most frequently asked questions about Napoleonic Total War 2, go to the NTW2 FAQ section on The Lordz forum:

-The NTW2 FAQ section

Organising Multiplayer Games

For MP games gathering please visit The Lordz Forum, we have a special room for all MP related gameplay:

-The Council of War

Enjoy!

The Lordz
    Last edited by Lord Zimoa of Flanders; 09-01-2006 at 17:00.

Default Re: Napoleonic Total War 2 is out now!

Its like a birthday! Congrats on getting it out. Your laborious work has paid off, and you can breathe easy. So now I'm off to smack the baby!

EDIT: have you put up a torrent?
    Last edited by paullus; 08-31-2006 at 15:03.
    "The mere statement of fact, though it may excite our interest, is of no benefit to us, but when the knowledge of the cause is added, then the study of history becomes fruitful." -Polybios

Every time I download it it says its corrupted.

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

Which link did you use? The lordz server is down at the moment so try these links:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/31322874/...lic-v0.1.a.rar
    or
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EYSXH2M3

big thanks Lordz!
    know you guys worked on it for a long time so I must try it out.

I used both of those links, but not the Lordz Forum.
    I am now and hopefully it will work, otherwise I'll cry

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

I have added one more download alternative, try that.

Our server just crashed because of the rush on the mod, we hope to have things more stable soon.

LZoF
    Last edited by Lord Zimoa of Flanders; 08-31-2006 at 22:22.

Yay It Worked!
    I Want To Have You're Babies!

Sig by Durango

-Oscar Wilde

Awesome game, only played two team games so far though, 1 somebody got con problems half way through and the other well, I was up against people from LGA, what do you think happened loll. But still great =D

Thank you :)

Hm for some reason my Borodino battle always crashes at different points in the scenario, can someone help me?

Sig by Durango

-Oscar Wilde

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

Are you 100% positive that you installed over a correct R:TW installation? On what did you install it?

We have tested the map dozens of times, so I would be very surprised if there was something odd going on (could always be but still).

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Now let's kick some Russian ***!

Thank you guys for an incredible mod!

Hmm I have re-unstalled RTW but it still crashes, ill try again.

Sig by Durango

-Oscar Wilde

Default Sv: Napoleonic Total War 2 is out now!

At last! It's out! Champagne and fireworks!
    Hej sötnos.

Best birthday gift I got today. Thanks Lordz. I can't wait for it to finish downloading.

aka AggonyAdherbal Member Lord Adherbal's Avatar

Default Re: Sv: Napoleonic Total War 2 is out now!

did you get patches 1.3 and 1.5?
    Member of The Lordz Games Studio:
    A new game development studio focusing on historical RTS games of the sword & musket era
    http://www.thelordzgamesstudio.com

Member of The Lordz Modding Collective:
    Creators of Napoleonic Total War I & II
    http://www.thelordz.co.uk

Hmm... problem. Are custom battles supposed to be working properly? After setting up the armies and clicking the button to continue, the screen goes back to the battlefield choice and doesn't continue from there. Any ideas?

*edit*
    My mistake, it actually goes back to the faction selection screen, not battlefield selection.
    Last edited by Dooz; 09-02-2006 at 10:27.

Yes I have installed both patches.

Sig by Durango

-Oscar Wilde

I will be d'loading it in the next week or so - I want to uninstall my RTRPE and start with a clean install of RTW so I can use the mod switcher.
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

Hmm... problem. Are custom battles supposed to be working properly? After setting up the armies and clicking the button to continue, the screen goes back to the battlefield choice and doesn't continue from there. Any ideas?

*edit*
    My mistake, it actually goes back to the faction selection screen, not battlefield selection.
    what version for RTW do you have? 1.5? is it the Gold edition?

what shortcut are you using to launch the mod?
    A new game development studio focusing on historical RTS games of the sword & musket era

I'm using BI. The original shortcut didn't work for some reason. I made a BI.exe shortcut, copy pasted the - commands from the NTW shortcut and it worked fine. But yeah, the custom battles don't work. The Borodino one did however. Are custom battles working for everyone else?

Let me take this opportunity to thank the Lordz again, this is truly an incredible piece of work. Very professional, I almost can't believe it when I wat playing. It's a whole new game.

Btw, has the camera angle and movement and such been changed? It seems to be rotated a bit, looking down more.

Default Sv: Napoleonic Total War 2 is out now!

Great mod! Still, my units don't always do what i tell them to do... But.. wow! This mod really takes rome total war several steps further, the battlefield sounds, (I like the music also) the soldiers, the surroundings, everything!
    Hej sötnos.

I assume you are talking about the Borodino scenario, this is because units are not avaliable right from the start, more and more when you progress the scenario.

Also when crossing bridges, villages the units width have to be smaller than the width of the obstacle you want to cross or pass.

As the Lordz forum is down we have set up a temporarily forum at TWC, there is a FAQ stickied thread overthere with some more explanation.

LZoF

The camera angle is easy to fix. Goto game options I beleive and select the camera for RTS mode. For some reason its defaulted to a different view. Solid mod, a few things I find annoying or puzzling and the crossing rivers/villages part is rather annoying especially as no one knows about it, but a decent mod overall, thanks.
    Clan Imperial Guard Inc.
    http://www.1GReborn.com

Thanks and compliments for the excellent and professional mod. I hope you can consider a M:TW2 version with a campaign mode, and of course that the Waterloo pack will came soon.

a few things I find annoying or puzzling and the crossing rivers/villages part is rather annoying especially as no one knows about it
    I understand, but the problem is the RTW pathfinding that is, and we are polite here: not really great.

So we had a choice or create challenging tactical maps with a lot of crossings, bridges, swamp, villages etc... hat add up to the MP battle experience, and hope people would pick up the fact that they now have to resize units to cross them. Or use the rather dull featureless RTW maps, where the units can move without problem as there are no obstacles that can provide more tactical challenges.

We decided to go for the first option, NTW2 cannot played the same as RTW, but once you get the swing of it, we believe it is much more fun and challenging now.

Good news is that CA also admits there was a problem, and what I read they have changed much for the better in MTW2, concerning challenging battle maps and much better unit pathfinding.

LZoF

I'm using BI. The original shortcut didn't work for some reason. I made a BI.exe shortcut, copy pasted the - commands from the NTW shortcut and it worked fine. But yeah, the custom battles don't work. The Borodino one did however. Are custom battles working for everyone else?
    you need to use rometw.exe.

Default Sv: Re: Napoleonic Total War 2 is out now!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zimoa of Flanders
    I assume you are talking about the Borodino scenario, this is because units are not avaliable right from the start, more and more when you progress the scenario.

Also when crossing bridges, villages the units width have to be smaller than the width of the obstacle you want to cross or pass.

As the Lordz forum is down we have set up a temporarily forum at TWC, there is a FAQ stickied thread overthere with some more explanation.

LZoF
    I see, yes that was the problem with those bridges, thank you.
    Hej sötnos.

Default Re: Sv: Re: Napoleonic Total War 2 is out now!

i am not to great with computers, and i downloaded the mod but i don't know what to now can some one tell me. Thanks
    Barbarian Horde Member

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Wow. I've barely had a chance to play yet (taken that first village), but this is incredibly slick. The music is perfect, the graphics in general are great, and in particular I love the drawn art such as the splash screen. Extremely impressed thus far.

Only issue is a number of typos or clumsy grammar, but that's hardly a problem with the rest being so good. I'm definitely looking forward to that Waterloo expansion!

"The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast