Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Napoleonic Total War 2 is out now!

Default Re: Napoleonic Total War 2 is out now!

Any chance of balance alterations as things go? Ive never modded before and I have no idea how difficult it would be. Examples are the Old Guard morale and damage seemingly is underpowered compared to counterparts, cavalry being vastly underpowered, etc. The game in an of itself is great, but I question why Guard units rout in hand to hand combat with normal Russian Grenadiers 4 out of 5 times in a straight melee fight, or lose a firing dual against Musketers 3 out 5 times in the same situations. A friend and I have been experimenting pitting units together in 1vs' to see outcomes to see if we were hallucinating or not.

I plan on giving a run down on my radio show this week. Expect some serious public kudos, Napoleonic minitures games are what alot of us have been waiting for!
    Clan Imperial Guard Inc.
    http://www.1GReborn.com

Only issue is a number of typos or clumsy grammar
    It seems to annoy you, as this is the only comment we get from you after every preview so far.

I can send you all our text files, if you want to hunt for spelling and grammar errors.

It would help us a lot. As I doubt we will ever have time to do it.

Just PM me, if you feel like helping.

Cheers,

LZoF

P.S. For the units stats, an update is underway, we puzzled with them for over six months now, it is what modding is all about.

Build, break, puzzle and start again...

i am not to great with computers, and i downloaded the mod but i don't know what to now can some one tell me. Thanks
    Sorry missed this, could you be a bit more specific what part causes you problem, this is more like help I bought a car, but I cannot drive.

I want to help, but what is it you have problems with.

LZoF

Finally managed to play Borodino, but only if I dont play on the very hard setting. But I still get a near run thing of it anyway.
    Great MOD, can't wait to see how you will re-create Waterloo, and perhaps Quatre-Bras and Lingy?

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

Quatre Bras, Waterloo and later Ligny, Plancenoit are on our internal wish list.

The British for MP together with an update on the first release are only a couple of weeks away.

LZoF
    Last edited by Lord Zimoa of Flanders; 09-03-2006 at 23:30.

i downloaded the file and i double clicked on it and it doesn't do anything do i need to put it in a folder or something
    Barbarian Horde Member

You need WinRar a compressing program as WinZip to open and get to the installer:

WinRar

LZoF

awsome can't wait to hold the thin red line lol.

So can you give us any clue how the Prussians will be dealt with in Waterloo?
    Will you perhaps have an alternate version in which Grouchy reaches the field in time?

Oh yeah another one, are you going to increase the selection of troops? Include more of the Guard unit types?
    Also will you increase the range of rifles?

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

First the historical battles we have on the list that is more than enough for now.

-French Middle Guard and Red Guard lancers units for Waterloo are on the list as we need them for Waterloo.

-Yes, Rifles get longer range, more accuracy, slower reload speeds and are smaller units.

LZoF

Thanks a lot this mod rocks
    Barbarian Horde Member

first rtw mod ive tried and im very impressed
    i was a huge fan of imperial glory until i fought my first battle (lol) and realised it was a no morale fight to the death
    this good be just what im looking for
    very impressed with the unit graphics and animations but my only gripe would be to have the men stay in the aiming gun position a fraction longer as they appeare to aim a little quickly but then im a picky bugger
    will there be a campaign?
    if so this could really take off

they didnt put a campaign because they said the AI has no way of using Napolenic tactics whatsoever.
    however i believe this is untrue as there are modders that can mod the descr_formations_ai.txt
    such as Darth Formations and Sinhuet's Formations.

they didnt put a campaign because they said the AI has no way of using Napolenic tactics whatsoever.
    however i believe this is untrue as there are modders that can mod the descr_formations_ai.txt
    such as Darth Formations and Sinhuet's Formations.
    It will change not a thing or better the problems we see with the AI, be my guest and show us how, by changing formations, this would solve the RTW AI shortcomings I summed up briefly here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60843

We are very curious within The Lordz how you see that.
    I can tell you we looked at it intensily and some of the best modders of the TW commmunity do not see how it can be done without hardcoded changes only CA could provide, but people simply refuse to accept it or believe we looked hard enough. Or we do not know what we are talking about or simply do not see the solution. You say it is untrue what we stated so please show us the light.

LZoF
    Last edited by Lord Zimoa of Flanders; 09-05-2006 at 10:32.

heh, im not capable of doing that.
    i thought the Lordz didn't check it out already so if you guys already did, then it is probably impossible that the ai can use the games tactics.
    Last edited by The Spartan (Returns); 09-04-2006 at 23:56.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spartan
    heh, im not capable of doing that.
    i thought the Lordz didn't check it out already so if you guys already did, then it is probably impossible that the ai can use the games tactics.
    Yes, because they wouldn't have thought of that
    Look what these bastards have done to Wales. They've taken our coal, our water, our steel. They buy our homes and live in them for a fortnight every year. What have they given us? Absolutely nothing. We've been exploited, raped, controlled and punished by the English — and that's who you are playing this afternoon Phil Bennett's pre 1977 Rugby match speech

aka AggonyAdherbal Member Lord Adherbal's Avatar

formations can improve AI army cohesion and timing, but they are not magic things that make the actual use of units any better. It might work for roman themed mods, but not for ours (too much missile units).
    Member of The Lordz Games Studio:
    A new game development studio focusing on historical RTS games of the sword & musket era
    http://www.thelordzgamesstudio.com

Member of The Lordz Modding Collective:
    Creators of Napoleonic Total War I & II
    http://www.thelordz.co.uk

The Borodino pack is completed, but that didn't mean we took a break. We're working hard on the British faction now, and have started on the Northern Europe climate. Here are some teaser screenshots. We hope to complete and release this update in approximately 2 weeks.

British Unit Cards

The British unitroster:

General/Officer & Staff

Infantry

British Militia
    British Line
    British Light
    KGL Line
    KGL Light
    British Rifles
    British Highlanders
    British Foot Guard

Cavalry

British Light Dragoons
    British Hussars
    British Dragoons
    KGL Light Dragoons
    KGL Hussars
    British Life Guard
    British Horse Guard

Artillery

Rockets
    Howitzers
    9-pounder
    6-pounder
    British Rocket Artillery

WIP N-Europe Terrain

New Northern European terrain & buildings

British Dragoons and Rocket Artillery

In other news: A private update is now available to the Lordz members, meaning we can start beta testing the British faction. Hopefully that'll allow me to post some nice action screenshots with the British soon.

More Waterloo stuff

More villages. We will soon be able to start working on new maps, and once we have a hand full of these the update should be ready for release.

Great update and glad to see the Brits coming along quickly. I do have a quick few questions that you may have answered, but Ive not found. im planning on doing a run down on my show this Sunday and Id like to know the following (if you can tell us)

1. Are you planning on releasing other factions such as Austria, Prussia, Sweden, Spain and the like?

2. Will the French get extra units in the next release like the Middle Guards, Empress Dragoons, Red Lancers etc?

3. WIll these all tie together, meaning factions will be chooseable in Multiplayer with russia, france, britian etc being in the same game, or will these be stand alone mods?
    Clan Imperial Guard Inc.
    http://www.1GReborn.com

aka AggonyAdherbal Member Lord Adherbal's Avatar

1. Prussia is planned for a distant future, Dutch and Brunswick will be released in October.

2. Middle Guard and Red Lancers will be added

3. it's an upgrade, you will need the Borodino pack. All factions will be available in MP.
    Member of The Lordz Games Studio:
    A new game development studio focusing on historical RTS games of the sword & musket era
    http://www.thelordzgamesstudio.com

Member of The Lordz Modding Collective:
    Creators of Napoleonic Total War I & II
    http://www.thelordz.co.uk

Here some progress on the Prussian infantry:

Prussian Landwehr:

Prussian Musketeer:

Prussian Fusilier:

Prussian Grenadier:

Prussian Schutzen:

The Borodino pack is completed,
    How fitting a news for today, the 194th anniversary of the battle of Borodino (as well as that of the battle of Arsuf, but that´s another mod )

British, Western European vegetation, climate and buildings work in progress. Release of this in about a week to ten days, included an update/patch for the 1812 Borodino release and some extra maps.

Bouncing cannonballs

Highlanders in reserve

British 9pounder battery

British Line Infantry

Heavy Dragoons charge

Horse Guard charge

British Line overwhelmed

Footguard repells a russian charge

And to finish: a peacefull chateau

LZoF

hello my nome is Joel and I come from Itlay, I love rtw, so I saw some fotos about ntw 2, I think it is really great but I have some problems to install it, Coan somebody help me? I downloaded patch 1.3 and 1.5, then i installed them and downloaded ntw 2 but I don't in the file I doenloaded there were only photos... Now I am searching for Ntw2....can someone helpme? :D

The file should be about 130 MB, there are some mirrors on our website, who are out of bandwidth, but there are seven download mirrors. Try some like Rapidshare or Xema or one of the others first. You just had a bad or temporarily bad mirror.

LZoF
    Last edited by Lord Zimoa of Flanders; 09-09-2006 at 19:13.

Thank you

now I downloaded the file wuth mega... I hope it will start. :D

IT works, great.... Fantastic game, many beautiful units, now I must only find my strategy... :D

Assistant Mod Mod Member GiantMonkeyMan's Avatar
    plymouth - scrubbing Beirut's toilet with a cat...

holy moly i'm gone for a week on holiday and come back to even more amazing surprises like this... seriously, i got back and thought 'let's check the email and the .org before drinking some cheap lager i brought in france' then cancel all plans i'm donwloading this right now.... i am even considering uninstalling Oblivion (my new favourite game) just to play this but we'll see how it goes flippin heck.... you have actually got me exited about downloading something

Senior Member Senior Member Cheetah's Avatar

Congrats Lordz!!!

Brilliant mod, brilliant.

The units, the maps, everything. Best TW game (and best MP battles) since Shogun.

Keep up the good work, cannot wait for the Brits ;)
    Lional of Cornwall
    proud member of the Round Table Knights

"If you wish to weaken the enemy's sword, move first, fly in and cut!" - Ueshiba Morihei O-Sensei

Hi Lordz,

First off congratulations on releasing the mod. It looks superb, a whole new game practically.

Problem though, I've been trying to get it started and the game keeps hanging when it loads up. Says that certain terrain files like the redoubt are not found. It happens in both the Borodino battle and the custom battles.

Anything I'm doing wrong here? I've got the game installed to E drive but otherwise its in the regular place.

Thanks,
    Clare
    "Ad majoram Dei gloriam"

We had some problems with corrupt downloads try this first:

-Install on RTW v1.5 preferable
    -Download a new NTW2 version from another mirror. It should be around 130 MB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast