Thread: Is the mod still alive?

Default Is the mod still alive?

Hi everybody. I played the mod and I really like it. The units, the music, the animations and effects are very cool. I have a question. Is the mod still alive? I'm not asking for a release date but I would like to know if you are still working on the other factions of the mod, if at least the other factions will be released for multiplayer? Is the mod dead or not? I'm asking because the first release of the mod was 4 months ago and no news on a new release so far. Anyway thanks for the first release.

Default Re: Is the mod still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed
    Hi everybody. I played the mod and I really like it. The units, the music, the animations and effects are very cool. I have a question. Is the mod still alive? I'm not asking for a release date but I would like to know if you are still working on the other factions of the mod, if at least the other factions will be released for multiplayer? Is the mod dead or not? I'm asking because the first release of the mod was 4 months ago and no news on a new release so far. Anyway thanks for the first release.
    I am very glad that you like the mod.
    We have 4/5 more factions almost completed, what we only need is a scripter able to put units in game, it is not an hard work but some time is needed and nobody of Citadel team have the time to do it at moment, however we have a new modder I hope to give you good news in 10 days.
    If you have time free and want to help us do not hesitate, we are always looking for new modder.

p.s. I am offline for a week starting tomorrow, I can not reply until next Sunday.

Good news indeed. Too bad I don't have the time to help you.

Getting units ingame is all you need? Are the stats and descriptions already defined? Then it´s a child´s play (though a chore) and I could offer you to help out. Developing and balancing and the stats or designing (and researching) the descriptions myself, however, is a bit out of my available capacity at the moment.

So, if you are still in need at sunday, send a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran
    Getting units ingame is all you need? Are the stats and descriptions already defined? Then it´s a child´s play (though a chore) and I could offer you to help out. Developing and balancing and the stats or designing (and researching) the descriptions myself, however, is a bit out of my available capacity at the moment.

So, if you are still in need at sunday, send a PM.
    Descriptions and all graphic stuff are ready, several statistics must be done (but we have a good tutorial in the inner forum), I will contact you by pm soon.

I´m waiting for it.
    By the way, I´ve taken a look into your setup for the mod and, forgive me the harsh expression: It´s a complete mess, at least from a modding point of view. Perhaps that ws the idea, to keep people from messing with your mod, but to work on it The basic setup is to use the modswitch functionality, which is nice, but at the same time it requires a couple of changes in the vanilla files as well, namely the patch1.pak and the music files, messing up an otherwise perfectly fine install. You should have done it consequently, either everything using the modswitch or do a complete overwrite. I don´t have the slightest idea how to efficiently work on the files, since, in order to run, I assume everything needs to be packed into the patch1.pak. Not to mention that with the setup being as it is, I can hardly send the modded files back to you on a regular basis since I only have a limited data volume for each month. My best idea at the moment is that I´ll do either a complete setup for the modswitch or will do a complete overwrite of the original data folder with the one extracted from the patch1.pak, so I can easily send over the respective txt files once they´re done (for the units that should be dmb, edb, edu, edu_enums and the file for the text folder, right? You´ve got the models and textures already, after all).

I'm playing citadel with the "-mod:citadel" function. Please, make the next release "-mod:citadel" friendly too.