Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The main thread - Pike and Musket TW - MTW2 edition

Default Re: The main thread - Pike and Musket TW - MTW2 edition

Quote Originally Posted by cegorach
    No problem. The project will not be finished in a year, even more anyway.

Would you like to work on a specific faction or a certain type of infantry/cavalry ?
    Hmm, for now I'd like to concentrate on western units. Limiting my work to one faction wouldn't work, as for example for western pikemen I can use one model with few variations (mostly texture wariations)

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

I suspected that, but if you want to put some effort in preparing a certain faction tell me - if an unit roster isn't posted for that faction I will do so immediatelly.
    Even though I sometimes cannot find too accurate images (at that time a concept of an uniform really didn't exist in modern sense anyway) it will give you some idea what will be necessary.

Still...God I would love some real dismountable units in the 'Kingdoms' - dragoons are one of most important features to re-create and for now it is still a joke...

Well, I think I'll start with spanish pikemen ;) So could post the spanish units rooster?
    For now, a little WIP of Late spanish pikemen

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by =Omni=
    Well, I think I'll start with spanish pikemen ;) So could post the spanish units rooster?
    For now, a little WIP of Late spanish pikemen

https://img443.imageshack.us/my.php?...panisjhlt2.jpg
    Nice job. As usual I'm here to nitpick:

Towards the end of the period, the very heavy armour would have been dropped. So pikemen would keep the cuirass, but get rid of the leg protection to carry less weight, some would even wear leather cuirasses instead of the iron ones.

Flag bearers would keep as much armour as they could, since carrying the flag exposed them to danger, so they'd keep the leg armour, and even cover their arms above the elbow with mail.
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

As I've said before - nitpicking is welcome ;)

BTW. I'm trying to imagine how did the armour/clothes of western pikemen changed between 1550 and 1700 (so that I can better plan what have left to do)

From what I've seen so far (read from you or seen on colour plates) it can be divided into 5 periods :

Early (from 1550) - pikemean wear dublets and puffy, ripped trousers - the typical renaissance style

(like here http://www.totalwar.org.pl/gallery/F...1650%20-24.jpg)

then later period (circa 1600) - the soldiers begin to wear more tight trousers (like there http://www.totalwar.org.pl/gallery/A...1588%20-11.jpg or there http://www.totalwar.org.pl/gallery/A...1588%20-10.jpg)

Then even later one (ca. 1630, so XXX years war) - less parade style, tights and low shoes or highboots (like here http://www.totalwar.org.pl/gallery/T...ntry%20-04.jpg and here http://www.totalwar.org.pl/gallery/S...2-34%20-02.jpg)

Very late one (past 1660 or even later ) - just like you said, the most of the armour is dropped and only cuirass is left (http://www.totalwar.org.pl/gallery/T...1704%20-01.JPG)

ant the latest period - totally different style (more XVIII century - like) - http://www.totalwar.org.pl/gallery/T...1704%20-07.JPG , http://www.totalwar.org.pl/gallery/A...1726%20-34.jpg

Does it make any sence, or am I terribly wrong?
    Last edited by =Omni=; 05-21-2007 at 21:30.

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You are about right, but remember that you have pictures of 4 different armies in different periods.

Also, for some reason, spanish troops have german swords... Minor point anyway.
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

Damn, my PC has just said sayonara Luckilly, I've managed to get back my data (along with my pikemen :) , but I have to send my PC to the service for a some time. I'll try to continue working on the pikemen on the another computer, however it's a bit old (doesn't support the pixel shading=no normal maps; and I can only dream about running MTW2 on it ) , but I should slowly progress :) so see you (hopefully) soon!

I hope so, the pikemen are great, would be a terrible loss.

Ha, what a great surprise!My Dad's laptop is capable of handling normal maps:D so I can continue on finishing the pikeman (thout it's not very convienient to work with graphics on a such small screen ;)

Here are some random faces I've done

Any idea when this MOD wil be finished????

Reards Patrick.

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

When its released.

When it is ready - it is a huge project so will take more than one weekend.

Hi Cegorach, nice to see you again. I knew you from the Lordz forums, Lord Crow, lol. I just wanted to ask a quick question, will this proposed mod include the English Civil War? I think your former one did.

Can't wait to see it though.
    It's the taking part that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by cegorach
    When it is ready - it is a huge project so will take more than one weekend.
    Yeah it takes a solid fortnight of work!

Just joking ,
    really looking forward to this one!

For a comprehensive list of all factions during the 1435-1800(something) period, check out Magna Mundi mod for Europa Universalis 3.

Asian factions, Eastern Europa, HRE, Africa, SouthAm, NorthAm, Western Europe, the mod has everything you could ever want for making a good mod for this time period.

Hey there Cageroach! Once you complete mod (that I can`t stand waiting for ) I can make advert/video and put in on YouTube

My latest vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo7U14OBshs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYKHBJ8e-Bw

Some good M2 videos there thrashing mad, I forgot to turn on my volume, but from comments the soundtrack was supposed to be snazzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Boudicea
    Hi Cegorach, nice to see you again. I knew you from the Lordz forums, Lord Crow, lol. I just wanted to ask a quick question, will this proposed mod include the English Civil War? I think your former one did.

Can't wait to see it though.
    Hi Crow !

Changing your gender - that is suprising...

ECW might be a result of some scripted events and surely NEW Model Army will be represented even if it doesn't really happen, but nothing really more.

There is no specific event the mod is about - rather large historical process - literally torrents in history and its side-effects here and there...

Kruniac

For a comprehensive list of all factions during the 1435-1800(something) period, check out Magna Mundi mod for Europa Universalis 3.

Asian factions, Eastern Europa, HRE, Africa, SouthAm, NorthAm, Western Europe, the mod has everything you could ever want for making a good mod for this time period.
    I will do so + I will have a look around EU2 mods first...

thrashing mad

Hey there Cageroach! Once you complete mod (that I can`t stand waiting for ) I can make advert/video and put in on YouTube
    It will hapen eventually.

Actually I want to have a good video intro for first edition of the mod ( MTW VI) with some nice score - maybe the original music composed for the mod...

Interested ?

Hurry up with this mod.
    Reards Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by <><><>Paddy<><><>
    Hurry up with this mod.
    This mod smells of success, and unless you want that wonderful pungeance to disipate you should not hurry it. However... a few more screenshots (assuming theres material to go with it) would not be objected.
    For his betrayal, his eyes were gouged out and molten lead poured in his ears...

I'm new to this Pike and Musket stuff, but I can tell you I'm chomping at the bit to see it done!!!

I'm no 'pooter wiz type, but if theres anything I can do to help out let e know.

It seems like they scrapped the Rome version to do the TW2 version and then they will have to scrap the TW2 vrsion for thenew TW game that is already about pike and musket so wtf?
    Persian Runner for Emporer Xerxes: Surrender, our numbers are so many our arrows will block out the sun.

Spartan Commander: All the better, we shall fight in the shade.

Quote Originally Posted by travh20
    It seems like they scrapped the Rome version to do the TW2 version and then they will have to scrap the TW2 vrsion for thenew TW game that is already about pike and musket so wtf?
    Not really - new TW game will be placed in XVIIIth century, while this mod in XVIIth century - there`s big difference.:)

Of course there is.

MTW2 engine is little more than RTW-upgraded, but for now it is quite the best there is.

Of course if ETW engine will be superior i.e. allows dismounting cavalry, makes it possible to make warwagons the MTW2 project will be obsolete, but for now I have no idea how good it will be so let's stick to MW2 for now...

Make pies not war Member Cangrande's Avatar

Any vague idea when we might see the latest incarnation? :)
    Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem

do you not think that this mod will be pointless once they bring out Empire total war in march?
    Reards Patrick.

Check back a few posts to see the answer to your question.

The new ETW will be 1700 to 1820. THis mod starts in 1492; quite a diffrence.

Any chance of some screenshots yet?

Reards Patrick.

Not yet, I am a bit too much engaged in finishing my favourite MTW VI edition - which still has more flexible engine and better AI.

Quote Originally Posted by <><><>Paddy<><><>
    do you not think that this mod will be pointless once they bring out Empire total war in march?
    Besides, we're not going to see Empire in March. No way. March begins in 2 days.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast