Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Multiplayers Bill of Rights

  1. #1
    Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,834

    Default Multiplayers Bill of Rights

    Total War Multiplayers Bill of Rights

    We by this document declare our accord in that we believe it to be the inherent inalienable right of all multiplayers to be free from both clear and masked language which:

    1. Promotes racial/ethnic hatred, or is recognized as a racial/ethnic slur, or alludes to symbols of racial/ethnic hatred.

    2. Refer to extreme and/or violent sexual acts, and extremely violent real life actions.

    3. Refers to violence in any capacity that is not directly related to the game, or releases any real life information about other players.

    4. Promotes national hatred, is recognized as a national slur, or alludes to symbols of national hatred.

    5. Insultingly refers to any aspect of sexual orientation pertaining to themselves or other players.

    6. Intended to disturb groups of players, such as disruption of player sponsored events or gatherings.

    7. Is crude and offensive in nature, is an inappropriate reference to human anatomy or bodily functions, or is pornographic in nature.

    8. Is a mildly inappropriate reference to human anatomy or bodily functions, or is otherwise considered objectionable.

    9. Insultingly refers to player organizations, other players, provider employees, or groups of people, be they in the game or external.

    10. Negatively portrays major religions or religious figures.

    11. References to abusing illegal drugs, or to performing illegal activities.

    12. Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish, which includes saying the same phrase more than once in a period of 30 seconds.

    13. Advertises any non-beneficial, non-Total War related businesses, organizations, or websites.


    (With apologies to Blizzard In-Game Support)
    http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowgm/?id=agm01315p
    Last edited by Tomisama; 09-23-2006 at 15:09.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

  2. #2
    UglyGoat Member t1master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    695

    Default Re: Multiplayers Bill of Rights

    been in the vi lobby recently tomi?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,834

    Default Re: Multiplayers Bill of Rights

    been in the vi lobby recently tomi?
    Every weekend

    There has been little difference between games for quite some time now.

    And no big deal right?

    Easy to ignore and just mind your own business, no problem.

    But there is a problem.

    For Rome and Medieval it is way-way too late, the damage has long been done, and the victims all long gone.

    But with the new game coming there is a chance to do things right from the beginning.

    That is to establish norms of behavior that do not allow bullying and abusive conduct.

    We can’t really do much of anything about the situation, but the powers that be, can!

    Simple implementation of behavior regulations with a reporting means, and responsive action, will clean house in a hurry.

    Am I a dreamer? Yes!

    My dream is to have a foyer where it is safe for everyone to visit, and come and learn the game. Women, children, everyone who buys the game has the same rights to join in multiplayer combat, without fear of intimidation and being abused.

    Last edited by Tomisama; 09-23-2006 at 22:43.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

  4. #4
    Member Member KrooK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Kraj skrzydlatych jeźdźców
    Posts
    1,083

    Default Re: Multiplayers Bill of Rights

    Ok I understood maybe 20% but I agree with Tomi.
    ommunity must change. Me, you guys , even you Tomi. RTW was a poison into our souls. :) Only problem is if CA help us or not :) (sorry but this 2nd options seems more realistic).
    Everything depends of game - if it will be good, people will be ok.Otherwise - just a mess like now.

    BTW IMO spamming into VI was much easier than in RTW :)
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

  5. #5

    Default Re: Multiplayers Bill of Rights

    ah Intersting..

    but I think it wasn't the Flaming and such that Killed MTW/VI.... It was RTW all Together. I remember playing MTW from March 04 till Setember 04, when RTW was Released, and everyone was pumped up,ready to move on. I was on the unpatch server,1.0/2.0, and we were all pump aslo. so when RTW came, every started to go on, then started to leave in a month or two, alot went back to MTW, but only few remanied today with handfull of other people. you guys see any old TW clans around from STW or even MTW? I don't, with the expection of a Few Clans,such as Grey Wolves or Celtiberos or one of them.


    Well if we going to do this, We better off Posting this at .com and/or sending it to them, so they can read it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,834

    Default Re: Multiplayers Bill of Rights

    Ah Warman, you’re back.

    Ok then

    Well if we going to do this, We better off Posting this at .com and/or sending it to them, so they can read it.
    Good idea!


    As far as your PM to me (can’t answer, as your PM can not receive ATM).

    The Code of Honour is my baby.

    I don’t handle the Hall of Fame Awards, and I am not sure who does at this point.

    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=59351

    Good Luck in your pursuit of "Most Feared Player".

    Last edited by Tomisama; 09-28-2006 at 11:45.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

  7. #7

    Default Re: Multiplayers Bill of Rights

    lol warman most feared xD
    Some nice ideas their Tomi, gd work...
    All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope - Sir Winston Churchill

  8. #8
    Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Castle 2_5_2, Swissland.
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: Multiplayers Bill of Rights

    Yes Barett, and I am quite certain I can win it :P

    Hey Tomi, yea,

    I am a user at .com, so I can run over later today or tomarrow and post this there and PM Shogun about it,if you like..

    Plus Tomi, am I getting banned, because I think I am since I can't log into my last two accounts....

  9. #9
    Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    797

    Default Re: Multiplayers Bill of Rights

    Isn't it ironic we aren't supposed to talk about violence, yet we are playing a violent game?

    Even more so ironic that we don't use racism, but often pit different races in battle against each other?

    Oh well, I don't play RTW online, but I do play DOTA for Warcraft 3 online, and I'm such a trash-talker, it is so much fun. I'm not racist or anything, but it is very fun to trash-talk.

  10. #10
    Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Castle 2_5_2, Swissland.
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: Multiplayers Bill of Rights

    It's fun untill you get banned,eh?
    Trust me Bud, I'm the Major Flamer on RTW, and it's fun untill you and your clan gets banned for the Crap you (I) did,then you realize you should not do that stuff. Trust me..

  11. #11
    Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    797

    Default Re: Multiplayers Bill of Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by {BHC}KingWarman888
    It's fun untill you get banned,eh?
    Trust me Bud, I'm the Major Flamer on RTW, and it's fun untill you and your clan gets banned for the Crap you (I) did,then you realize you should not do that stuff. Trust me..
    Haha, that is pretty funny.

    Well I could never play RTW online. I've heard to many horror stories, and if people don't pick realistic armies and use realistic balancing (ie NOT VANILLA) then I wouldn't enjoy it one bit.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,834

    Default Re: Multiplayers Bill of Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by fallen851
    Isn't it ironic we aren't supposed to talk about violence, yet we are playing a violent game?

    Even more so ironic that we don't use racism, but often pit different races in battle against each other?

    Oh well, I don't play RTW online, but I do play DOTA for Warcraft 3 online, and I'm such a trash-talker, it is so much fun. I'm not racist or anything, but it is very fun to trash-talk.
    It is a game.

    The people playing it, are not the game.

    Roll playing should always refer to the game, never to real life players.

    To loose the distinction between the two, reaps disaster for all.


    (and while I'm here )


    It is an understandable misconception that unleashed rage wins in warfare.

    But any martial arts teacher will tell you that it is exactly the opposite.

    Control, focus, and concentration, are what is required.

    A successful warrior never gives in to raw emotion.

    Last edited by Tomisama; 09-30-2006 at 15:01.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

  13. #13
    Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    797

    Default Re: Multiplayers Bill of Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    It is a game.

    The people playing it, are not the game.

    Roll playing should always refer to the game, never to real life players.

    To loose the distinction between the two, reaps disaster for all.


    (and while I'm here )


    It is an understandable misconception that unleashed rage wins in warfare.

    But any martial arts teacher will tell you that it is exactly the opposite.

    Control, focus, and concentration, are what is required.

    A successful warrior never gives in to raw emotion.

    Yeah, except for Sun Tzu. Raw emotion wins according to him. He reports one battle where a force that was much smaller was surrounded. So the commander of a smaller force, sent a spy into the large force, and told the spy to tell "if you dig up graves of your enemies and burn the bodies in front of their eyes, they will give up". So the enemy did so, and the smaller force was so enraged they gave battle to the larger force, and won.

    That said, it will win in the UFC or PRIDE too. Send your martial art teachers there, then watch Wandy use raw emotion to rip them apart.

    Or as welterweight champion Matt Hughes puts it "the best defense against a submission defense, is a good punch in the face" and furthermore "raw strength can make up for skill weaknesses". This was before he took apart Royce Gracie, who teaches Brazilian JJ.

    While, skill and control are important, it is being able to do it without thinking, while being enraged enough to get adernaline pumping, that it creates a winner.

    Fights are too fast to plan them, you have to respond without thinking, if you've ever fought, it isn't like the movies. You do not have time to "focus".

  14. #14
    Member Member Dimeola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    850

    Default Re: Multiplayers Bill of Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by fallen851 View Post
    Yeah, except for Sun Tzu. Raw emotion wins according to him. He reports one battle where a force that was much smaller was surrounded. So the commander of a smaller force, sent a spy into the large force, and told the spy to tell "if you dig up graves of your enemies and burn the bodies in front of their eyes, they will give up". So the enemy did so, and the smaller force was so enraged they gave battle to the larger force, and won.

    That said, it will win in the UFC or PRIDE too. Send your martial art teachers there, then watch Wandy use raw emotion to rip them apart.

    Or as welterweight champion Matt Hughes puts it "the best defense against a submission defense, is a good punch in the face" and furthermore "raw strength can make up for skill weaknesses". This was before he took apart Royce Gracie, who teaches Brazilian JJ.

    While, skill and control are important, it is being able to do it without thinking, while being enraged enough to get adernaline pumping, that it creates a winner.

    Fights are too fast to plan them, you have to respond without thinking, if you've ever fought, it isn't like the movies. You do not have time to "focus".
    The best quote ive read was to ....fight when it is right to fight....and then pursue victory with all your spirit. The warrior who walks around in a rage or who is prompted to rage is easily manipulated into a position of inferiority. The Samurai lived in a precarious world where the relative peace could turn into violence in the blink of an eye. We are playing a game about war, its make believe not reality. If someone chooses to respond to a game with the same violent emotion they would use in real combat then they err. You shouldn't treat anyone in playing online any different than you would face to face. Its amazing how people who would be meek or hold their tongue in real life will turn intoi flaming A%%holes online. This is a game, this is supposed to be fun for everyone. No one deserves to be mistreated or berated. Little egos that need boosting just need to grow up or get out. I would love to see something done. The first few titles were a lot of fun in multiplayer, Rome ruined it for me and haven't really gotten back to MP since. Can take it yes, thick skinned, can ignore it yes, but ya know wha? I shouldn't have to.
    The essence of the martial arts is the proper action at the proper time. Not to rage thru every situation like a raging bull. Yes rage can overcome the fear of death. Yes the adrenaline can help overcome bad odds. But consider the movie Seven Samurai. Seiji is the most skilled fighter in the group. He has taken his emotion and thought under control. He faces an opponent in a duel early one. His opponent isn't calm, he uses his emotion and anger to overcome his fear, he fuels on pride when he was beaten and provokes with real swords. Where Seiji is calm and centered, the bull calls up anger and false courage to overcome his fear of death and rushes Seiji, who strikes him calmly and kills him.
    The other thing to consider, and good for life. The martial arts teach to be centered andcalm in everyday life, esp when facing an opponent. To be raged and angry tenses the body, tires body mind and spirit and will interfere with the responses. Just a few thoughts.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO