Poll: Who shall be King of England?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King of England

Coffee farmer extraordinaire Member spmetla's Avatar

Default Re: King of England

Any of you that were too late to vote and become a great lord can still become a Baron in the realm of Chester. The land is good, the Welsh are nearby for attacking, and it's better than being a mere peasant.

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Four stage strategy from Yes, Minister:
    Stage one we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage two, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage three, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage four, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

It's 1337. Wales belongs to the English crown already.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

(copied from the other forum)

I, Earl of Dorset, pledge declare my loyalty to Malcolm, King of England.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Well in that case instead of killing the Welsh we'll press them into service.

-Abraham Lincoln

Stage two, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage three, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage four, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

Bringing down the vulgaroisie Member King Henry V's Avatar

As Duke of York, I invite anyone who wishes to support our good King Malcolm to take up my offers of diverse baronies in the Duchy of York, as well as Abbotships in some of the monasteries here, which are very rich in iron, coal and sheep.
    www.thechap.net
    "We were not born into this world to be happy, but to do our duty." Bismarck
    "You can't be a successful Dictator and design women's underclothing. One or the other. Not both." The Right Hon. Bertram Wilberforce Wooster
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" - Lord Byron
    "Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes, or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." - C. S. Lewis

zombologist Senior Member doc_bean's Avatar

As Duke of Essex, I also invite people to move into my beautiful little heaven on earth. Help me support the war effort against the French, whilst keeping the taxes low !
    Yes, Iraq is peaceful. Go to sleep now. - Adrian II

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

By order of the King I do hereby call upon the Knights of England, greatest of all Christendom, to heed the call of our Lord for the creation of an elite guard. Men of sincere loyalty and impeccable quality are to have submitted to me in writing [PM please], a request to serve our Liege and land. No greater honor can go to so few men, save for the Apostles themselves!

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I still need noble to serve as Barons in Cheshire. I make available the following titles:
    Baron of Nantwich
    Baron of Warrington

-Abraham Lincoln

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12