Can't wait for Medieval Total War 2? Just don't have a machine that will be able to play Medieval Total War 2? Do you want EPIC battles fought across sweeping campaigns in the holy land? Then The Crusades
is for YOU!
is a total conversion mod that brings the player back to the time of Salah al-Din, Richard the Lionheart, the Kingdom of Jersualem and the Third Crusade. It offers the player a chance to relive two famous campaigns of the period, the campaigns of the third crusade and the conquests of Salah al-Din. At the players disposal in both campaigns are over 100 unique units (roughly 50 for each faction), a host of historical characters (Salah al-Din, Fredrick Barbarossa, Richard the Lionheart and many more), as wells a several unqiue buildings and settlements.
Outside of the campaign the player will be treated to 12 brand new custom battle locations to do battle against the crusaders or saracens. All the units for each faction as well as rebel units are available for custom battles, including byantine, cilician armenian, and county units. So you may not get to play as the byzantines in the campaign, but that doesn't stop you from forming a byzantine army in a custom or online battle.
TotalRealism.net - The Crusades v1.0
FileFront.com - The Crusades v1.0
FileFactory.com - The Crusades v1.0
FileFactory.com 2 - The Crusades v1.0
MegaUpload.com - The Crusades v1.0
MegaUpload.com 2 - The Crusades v1.0
SendSpace.com - The Crusades v1.0
- Install a CLEAN version of either ROME TOTAL WAR GOLD EDITION
or ROME TOTAL WAR: Barbarian Invasion PATCHED TO 1.6
- Download the exe above.
- Install the mod using the install program to the correct directory. The install program is defaulted to the Gold edition directory. Make sure that if you have another version you select the proper directory
- play the mod!
- TWO seperate campaigns!
- 52 Turns per year script brings the campaign to life
- Over 150 UNIQUE units and officers
- BRAND NEW MUSIC
- NEW mounts, including covered horses for crusaders and mailed horses for saracens
- NEW battle user interface and campaign user interface for each faction
- NEW event pictures
- NEW loading screens
- Updated stone walls for the crusader faction
- Stronghold Settlements - walled fortresses where knightly orders can recruit troops
- Massive Map - 4x the size of the original RTW map with historic locations such as Karak or Hattin
- New Strategy map characters - gone are the single characters of Vanilla RTW.
- Updated Traits and Ancillaries
- All new portraits for Generals, family membres, agents and ancillaries
- New UI cards for all units
- New seige weapons - Catapult and Siege Bow
- New formations thanks to Darth Vader and Darth's Formations v16.2
- Darth Vader's stat charge and stat fire delay changes implemented for more realistic AI behavior
- New special purpose units - Naffatin Fire Throwers and Priests of the True Cross
- Unit descriptions and names explain the role of each unit in the game and how to best utilize them.
- Sprites for all units so even people with low end machines can play the mod
- Palm Tree forests
- New stats system utilizes moral and stats to bring new challenges to each battle.
- Brand new menu art
- new quotes from the period of the crusades
***GAMEPLAY TIPS AND TRICKS***
- When using lance armed cavalry always attack with alt-right click. This will make the cavalry charge with their lance (higher charge bonus) then draw their side-arm weapon which has a lower charge but more powerful attack
- European units are recruited via the top level ports. However, it takes a little longer for them to be trained than the local Latin troops
- Turkish, Syrian, and Arabian units are trained through the caravanserai.
- Spys and Assassins have low upkeep and are really cheap to recruit. Use them alot. Before invasions or planning any incusions always have at least a 1 spy screen infront of your army.
- You don't need a spy to see the general strength of an army. Simply double click the army to see how many units it has.
- Richard the Lionheart is on Cyprus and Barbarossa is in Asia Minor, don't forget about them in the Crusader campaign. They have powerful armies and are your best generals.
***CREDITS AND SPECIAL THANKS***
Chris "Caius Britannicus" Janssen
Special Thanks to
The Chivalry Total War Team
The Rome Total Realism Team
The TotalWar.org Community
The Rome Total Realism Community
The Total War Center Community