Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Release: The Crusades V1.0

Default Re: First Release: The Crusades V1.0

yes! ill download tommorow!

Excellent! I believe you've succeeded in capturing the feel of "Kingdom of Heaven". Superb quality with attention to detail. Love the music, love the screens, and the battles are very intense. Overall a very well done, unique mod.

i played it and at that time my friends with me..they say "Hey where did u get this Kingdom of heaven game?" they were stunned and thier jaw ... and i juz smile..

Smile Re: First Release: The Crusades V1.0

I can smile once more,

GOD Wills It!!!!!!!!!
    Blackadder:"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?"

https://skender.be/supportdenmark/#CS

download fineshed, thx, :)

Senior Member Senior Member wraithdt's Avatar

Caius, I can't believe the amount of effort you guys put into it even with M2TW just around the corner. The quality of this mod is truly a testament to your skill. You've really captured the atmosphere of the Crusades as depicted in the Kingdom of Heaven. Congrats to all who were invovled and I salute you for a job well done.

has anyone playing it mangaed to get a viable economy?

i read that it was originally intended that there would be trade caravans to attack for money- but that doesnt seem to be in this

i have nearlly completed it, but i did cheat by ading money regularly. if anyone manages to have a sustainable economy with this game then please let me know.

saladin came and besieged acre earlly on and i massacred him and his massive army against the walls. following that i didnt realy encounter that much serious opposition, i.e no full stack armies.

i tried to convert every village/town i conqured as it felt apropriate, but i am sure it is unecessary and just makes things difficult for you. if the earliest chisitian building was 1 or 0 turns to build rather than 2 it would be alot easier.

overall i really enjoyed it, its been very stylishy done and the battles are fun, im a bit worried that i reduced the fun by cheating with the money- i would be intersted to no other peoples experiences

Witch Smeller Persuivant Member Fate's Avatar

I cant wait to download this game :D
    It looks like you guys have put a hell of a lot of work into it, and i cant wait to check it out
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug For A Butt
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

one small thing is that the strongholds have too low a population so you cant actually build troops in them - they should be upped to over 1000 to get around this. If you were concerned about populations in strongholds getting unhappy too easy then maybe give them all an executioners square.

I got MTW2 yesterday but will still be getting this! I've been looking forward to this mod for quite some time!
    Xfire: Ulfang
    TWC: Gavmundo

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

This was a visual orgasim.
    No, really. I couldn't stop playing, this is such an improvement over the RTW and BI models, I just wanted to keep going.
    The campaign is great, massive map, new army model, and very challanging play. You could really sink your teeth in.
    The recruit times were long, which is good and bad. It's historically accurate (instead of -poof- trained horse and rider for you sir). It forced me to conserve my troops. In RTW, after you got ten cities, you could churn out thousands of soldiers. This one, if you got a cavalry unit, you KEEP IT. The bad part is that you can't really get to the swirling cavalry battles until later game.

What is it with Barbarossa and Richard? Do you find their massive armies, or do you explore that area, and then they appear in trickles, you have to train them, what???
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

I Played a few turns last night. I must say this is beyond a Mod, its a Epic Production. Awesome work Caius and the team.

Got attacked by the Saracens from 3 sides. Guy deLusignan was killed in that battle, so early too

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Murat

What is it with Barbarossa and Richard? Do you find their massive armies, or do you explore that area, and then they appear in trickles, you have to train them, what???

Richard and Barbarossa are ready to serve you from the start of the crusader campaign. When you select your campaign the picture that shows the map has three shields on it. A yellow one with the Holy Roman EMpires black eagle on it, a red one with the three lions of Richard, and a blue one with a gold fleur de lies. Those shields indicate the location of the three european armies on the campaign map. So in the areas of those shields to find Richard and Barbarossa. Richard has a sizable army that you can conquer Cyprus with (if your good) and Barbarossa is old and wilely but has a powerful army as well.
    Creator of The Crusades a complete modification for Barbarian Invasion
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

Trust my I-net connection to fail on the day this much anticipated mod comes out. My congratulations, and great thanks, for sharing your work with us, you just made my weekend. A bright star in a real dark world, indeed, thank you so much. I´ll download immediately, Chrismas in June

Hi! This mod seems to be very interesting... Just one question: Is it possible to take prisoners during battle in the mod?

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

Aww darn, found the cheap way to win (hint, involves 5 0-turn spearmen and overwhelming numbers)
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

How's this for ironic? I utterly crushed Saladin's army and killed him while he was in Hattin. I didn't even do it on purpose, just followed the little bugger and he went there. But he killed stupid Phillip in the battle before hand, so he really did deserve it.

BTW Is it just me or do knights need to be toned down? Like 4 Knights can destory whole Sacren armies without any losses...theyr 6/7/8 turn recruitment doesn't make up for that.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

opinions on the economy anyone?

and stronghold population

Since the times of STW I am waiting for the total first Total War game about the Crusades.

I was very dissapointed when in 2002 CA dropped the title 'Crusader Total War' and renamed the game 'Medieval'. It was to be seen that they were aiming for maximum scope, but sacrificed detail. The game was of course very successful but I never really liked it. I still think STW was the best game in the series, among other things because it had a small, detailed map instead of the huge, abstracted one we got in every game since then.

I was so desperate that back in 2002, I did a small Crusader mod for MTW, which was called 'Outremer'. Maybe someone has played it or my Teutonic Knights Mod. I don't think they had very long lasting appeal, but I believe they were the first crusader campaigns ever done for TW.

Alas, I have downloaded and will try this weekend. MTW2 is coming monday but I expect this to be much better from the serious games point of view.

Awesome job so far. Let's hope this won't get overlooked because of MTW2.

Thanks to Caius and everyone who had a hand with designing this Mod.

I 've only recently bought 'Total War:Eras' and was under the belief that it wouldn't accept Mods.
    I downloaded Crusades last night and it installed smoothly: no glitches at all.

Have played some Custom Battles and had a quick look at the campaign game.
    I'm very impressed with the units and gameplay.... but the use of music (noticed a track from Stronghold 1) and the 'Kingdom of Heaven' theme which runs throughout; makes the Mod outstanding.

Thanks again for all the time and effort you obviously put in.

Mac.

Earl Of Warwick/Wannabe Tuareg Member beauchamp's Avatar
    Minneapolis, Minnesota/Kaltenbach, Tiroll

Ive been playing for three days straight! Its been awsome, so far, I lost the "main campaign" (I assume it is take Jerusalem before a certain date). I now own all lands up to Sidon. I have had some epic battles, and im talkin' battles that I have never had in any other RTW game. I would have to say that the main reason for victory is the Sibyan al-Rikab, they are invincible. But, just as I saw before in an earlier post, I cannot seem to stimulate the economy, even though I have a multitude of slaves. Al-Misr and Al-Qahira have basically become money suckers, with 2000 dinars worth of debt. Otherwise, Im still having a blast. Again, Shokran Ghazilan Sayyid Caius. Mabrouk!

Ps. Im playing as the Fatimids (obviously )

Just one more question, in any later versions will their be wonders and relics included? I was hoping to see the great mosques of Al-Qahira and Al-Dimashq as well as Medina and Jerusalem.
    Last edited by beauchamp; 11-11-2006 at 23:16.

Ya Misr!

Awesome looking mod, I am so amazed at the detail put into it.

This also lessens the grief i have about not getting M2TW till tuesday lol

Cant wait to play this! Looks like it will be the best Total War mod ever!

Will download in the morning, 1:30am is a bit late to start messing around with RTW installs
    Last edited by satchef1; 11-15-2006 at 02:35.

hope The Crusades V2.0 hurry Release

hope have new Catapult unit

http://wtfm.exblog.jp/i23

Outstanding work. I've played this mod yesterday almost all day and couldn't drag myself away from it. Well done, Gaius and all who helped you!

Is anybody working on a similar mod for the Teutonic Knight Order perhaps? Or are there any plans in that direction?

Default Sv: First Release: The Crusades V1.0

This mod really brings the crusader era to life. But I don't understand, And it's the same with all mods, You guys spend a lot of time and really hard work on your free time and get no money for it so lazy people like myself can enjoy it for free. But I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Deus Vult!
    Hej sötnos.

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Last edited by Myrddraal; 11-27-2006 at 15:20.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

darn! I only have Rome v1.5 and no I won't buy BI just to play this mod... :/

guess me stick with Chivalry all the way.
    from what I've seen here this is a must have mod.. too bad.

anyhow, outstandin' effort guys!

Make pies not war Member Cangrande's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caius britannicus
    Barbarossa is old and wilely but has a powerful army as well.
    But no water wings
    Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem

Quote Originally Posted by caius britannicus
    Over a year of blood[/CENTER]
    you are gay?? lord cacadura?? i´m spanish, thank for all

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast