Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official list of factions and Q&A about them

Default Re: Official list of factions and Q&A about them

It's a pity that Judaism is out, it would have been fun to rampage as Jewish Qipchaqs.

Are the twcenter forums down for some reason? I can't access them, it keeps going to "cannot find server". Sorry, couldn't think of a better place to ask and didnt want to start a whole thread for this.

It was a trap, after all. Member DukeofSerbia's Avatar

Default Update

First post is updated.
    Watching
    EURO 2008 & Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Waiting for: Wimbledon 2008.

The Lord of the Thistles Member Roderic the Emptyhanded's Avatar
    Here and there. There and here. You know; wherever there's food. And pie.

Is Sweden in? I saw that someone asked about it, but no answer (I'm kind of tired now, so I might have missed the answer). I think sweden wasnt really united until somewhere in the 11-hundreds, with the help of norwegians if I havent misunderstood... but, are they in?

Hello everybody and sorry for my bad english!

First of all I want to thank you for yours great work with the mod. I’m really yearning after it!

I wish you will add Sweden as a playable faction in your mod. I have two reasons why!
    The first reason is the time around the end of Viking epoch and the spring of medieval was a time of huge conversion and struggle in the young country. This was the time when the first seed was sowed and the land and state begin to take shape. Indeed there was already around the year of 1000 an embryo of that who later will be calling Sweden, but it was far from a strong and united land.
    I think it would be nice to be the one who will build up Sweden from scratch in your realism mod - Age of ambition

The second reason is the fact of a big interest in medieval-time in Sweden just now! A big “responsibility” in that interest had the writer and journalist Jan Guillou who have write a fantastic roman succession ( 4 books) about the temple knight named Arn Magnusson. In the books we will follow Arn from his birth in a poor and suffering Sweden to his why as a great Temple knight in the Holy land and later back to Sweden there he was one of the founder of the Kingdom of Sweden. We can also reed about him as a great crusader in the east over the Baltic Sea. The story is take place in the middle 12th and the beginning of the 13th century.
    Arn had different name in different part in his life. As Temple knight he was called Arn de Gothia (Gothia is that part of Sweden he was born). The Arabian people and Salamin called him Al Ghouti. In Sweden everybody know him as Arn Magnusson
    His life in the Holy Land remembers a lot of the movie named Kingdom of Heaven. Maybe has the scriptwriter reed the books of Arn

In a near future will also the most expensive TV-production in Sweden be creating? It’s of course the story of Arn Magnusson and his life and death!
    Maybe it will pock a lot of people in my home country to play your mod if Sweden and Arn is a part of it!?
    It will also be very fun if Arn will pop up as a character (a general or something) in the story-line!

There is one problem. Arn is a fiction person . But all the occurrences around his person are reel. Maybe he not will take part in your REALISM mod in that reason? I say.
    - So what, let him play with the reel gays

If you want some help with the Swedish medieval I will try to help you. But im not an expert!

Thank you for yours attentiveness!

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Will you be having any emerging or re-emerging factions in MTR?
    Also, will you remedy the names from the vanilla M2TW, as some names have been "translated" into English but IMO would add more flair if left in their native tongue. So actual French/German/Italian/Spanish/<insert faction name here> names instead of say "Marc of Paris" or "Péter von Saxony" which are just totally wrong?
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Why Teutonic order is not considered a faction?
    I do not know how powerful Hospitalers were, but Teutonic Order was able to field around 20.000 man strong army! And they controlled about 1/3 of Baltic coast. Not to mention they had huge impact on Middle and East European politics. And they were not part of HRE.

EB ship system destroyer and Makedonia FC

There have been recently some additional factions that are puzzling.
    Excuses were given that khwarezm, and the timurids were not in because they would be emerging factions and did not exist at the beginning of the mod. Now factions such as Bulgaria and Armenia are included, and these will be emerging factions. This makes the previous argument against Khwarezm and Timurids invalid. Furthermore the Volga-Bulgars managed to make it in despite the fact they lasted roughly 100 years, from the beginning of the mod.

The Teutonic Knights were a huge territorial and independent political power that survived to modern times in the form of Prussia. Novgorod, Lithuania and Poland did not have war with the HRE when in conflict with the Teutonic Knights but only with them.

Furthermore Timur"s state fought against the Golden Horde, Mamelukes, destryed Bayezid at Ankara, and I never heard of him losing. Why the Timurids are relegated to a script doesn"t make sense.

Maybe we should see what the other modders are doing.

Much respect for the team and their ambitious project. Hope it turns out great.

I just wanted to make a point that the games timeline spans for 500 years and methinks one should take in account factions that have emerged later than 1066 and also maybe dismiss some of the factions which didnt last that much from 1066 onwards.

Alltho i'd love to see a Wallachian or Moldavian faction i'm not sure it would make much sense as my countrymen never got to actually wage active war and the troops were highly irregular up to a point (or so i remember). Still i'm a Romanian so i wouldnt mind if they got in.

Also please please don't let venice out. its much too important because of its navy and potential.

Thank you for working on this. We'll be greatfull

From what I read about the second Bulgarian Empire and the independent Vlach states was that the Cumans played a large part in the establishment of these states. Since the Cumans are already in why not give names and titles to reflect this to family members of the Cuman faction, like Czar of Bulgaria or Bassarab. Also give the Cumans objectives of occupying balkan regions. This way someone who wants to play as Bulgaria or Wallachia-Moldavia can play as the Cumans.

Similarly, I think a generic Persia would be a good addition. This faction emerges as Khwarezm and ends as the Timurids. My justification is as follows, even after being crusshed by the Mongols a Khwarezmian army made it to the middle East and took part in the campaigns there alongside muslim rulers, after being defeated by Egypt the remnants joined the Il-Khan Mongols. The Ilkhans were more often than not enemies of the Golden Horde, so two warring Mongol factions should be interesting and would counterbalance their power. After the Ilkhan decline a warlord named Timur arose from their territories and established his empire which continued in Moghul India.

In game terms I would represent this as follows:
    Firstly give names to the faction members in Khwarezmid fashion ie, Shah Ali Al-Khwarezm then around the late 1200's give the names of the family members an Ilkhan-flavour ie, Shah Hulegu the Ilkhan and give this Persian faction access to mongol units, by the late 1300's give family members names like Shah Timur. So we get 3 factions in one, a nice counterbalance to the Golden Horde and some intrigue as the faction may be Muslim but the leader is Pagan or Buddhist. Not completely realistic but close, think about it.

Lastly the Knightly orders were pretty much independent of any other rulers for most of the middle ages. The Knights Hospitaler had their own states in Rhodes, Smyrna ( which they defended against Timur) and of course malta. They independantly wrecked havoc on muslim shipping, make them a vassal of the Papal States but do consider putting them in, since have you heard of any hospitalers taking part in the hunndred year's war? No. They had their own commanders and historically acted after the fall of outremer as would an independant faction in our game. In game terms I would make them an emerging faction after a certain number of jihads are successful.

And finally the Teutonic knights, of all the famous battles they took part in, Leignitz, Peipus and Tannenberg, they were only under someone else's command at Leignitz in 1241 (some think the Knightly Order present was the Hospitaler Order but I digress). Putting them in would create loads of fun challengesfor the Danish, Polish and Russian player. Let's not forget that the Knights collected taxes in their holdings and effectively acted as a state, which politically survived to modern times as Prussia.

I'd like to see Medieval2:Total Realism make the more elite units more rare. Even with the new recruitment system, it's not hard to get full stacks of Chivalric Knights, or other elite troops like Varangian Guards and the like, when you have a few buildings that boost their replenishment time.

1 unit of knights being trainable every 3-4 (or even more) turns will be way better in my opinion

Will something like this be in?

i have to admit, adding the Hospitillars and the Templars as vassal factions to the pope is very appealing.......... :)

Professional Cynic Member Innocentius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Anka
    Hello everybody and sorry for my bad english!

First of all I want to thank you for yours great work with the mod. I’m really yearning after it!

I wish you will add Sweden as a playable faction in your mod. I have two reasons why!
    The first reason is the time around the end of Viking epoch and the spring of medieval was a time of huge conversion and struggle in the young country. This was the time when the first seed was sowed and the land and state begin to take shape. Indeed there was already around the year of 1000 an embryo of that who later will be calling Sweden, but it was far from a strong and united land.
    I think it would be nice to be the one who will build up Sweden from scratch in your realism mod - Age of ambition

The second reason is the fact of a big interest in medieval-time in Sweden just now! A big “responsibility” in that interest had the writer and journalist Jan Guillou who have write a fantastic roman succession ( 4 books) about the temple knight named Arn Magnusson. In the books we will follow Arn from his birth in a poor and suffering Sweden to his why as a great Temple knight in the Holy land and later back to Sweden there he was one of the founder of the Kingdom of Sweden. We can also reed about him as a great crusader in the east over the Baltic Sea. The story is take place in the middle 12th and the beginning of the 13th century.
    Arn had different name in different part in his life. As Temple knight he was called Arn de Gothia (Gothia is that part of Sweden he was born). The Arabian people and Salamin called him Al Ghouti. In Sweden everybody know him as Arn Magnusson
    His life in the Holy Land remembers a lot of the movie named Kingdom of Heaven. Maybe has the scriptwriter reed the books of Arn

In a near future will also the most expensive TV-production in Sweden be creating? It’s of course the story of Arn Magnusson and his life and death!
    Maybe it will pock a lot of people in my home country to play your mod if Sweden and Arn is a part of it!?
    It will also be very fun if Arn will pop up as a character (a general or something) in the story-line!

There is one problem. Arn is a fiction person . But all the occurrences around his person are reel. Maybe he not will take part in your REALISM mod in that reason? I say.
    - So what, let him play with the reel gays

If you want some help with the Swedish medieval I will try to help you. But im not an expert!

Thank you for yours attentiveness!
    Like you said, Arn is entirely fictional, and should thus be left out. Completely. Guillou is an even worse source for history than Wikipedia. Not even all of the events about him are true. There is no proof that there actually was a big battle at Gestilren (wherever that is) in 1210 for example.
    Someone mentioned something about Sweding appearing in the 12th century with the help from Norwegians. Never heard of that before

Well, Sweden as a name existed already by the early 12th century, but was far from a country. Guillou has got the major parts right, as the lands to become Sweden were only squabling lands that never truly united under one king. The struggle for power was fought between a few major families (almost like Italian familias really) who gladly killed each others kings to get the throne for themselves. Sweden as a more centralized state only started appearing around 1250, but it can't be scripted as a horde emergence, as it was a slow build-up, involving some internal battles but not very much more. The first king to rule of a truly united* country that could bear any resemblance to modern-day Sweden would be king Magnus Birgersson (son of Birger Jarl), who ruled 1275-1290, although for the first five or six years he was involved in constant civil war or other forms of internal conflicts.
    Sweden would be a really tricky one unless there's a way to fix a faction that just slowly starts to appear...And over a period of some 150 years evolve into what could be called a country.

I'm not familiar with how M2:TW works as I haven't played it yet, so I really have no idea what I'm talking about , although I do know a thing or two about Swedish history. But leave Arn out, please.

*Sweden still had separate lawbooks for each part of the country until the mid 14th century (Magnus Erikssons landslag).
    It's not easy being a man, you know. I had to get dressed today... And there are other pressures.

- Dylan Moran

The Play

Factions are (alphabetical order):
    Muslim:
    1. Sultanate of Egypt,
    2. Moors,
    3. Turkish Sultanate (or similar name)

Orthodox:
    4. Basilea Rhomaion (or Empire of Romans),
    5. Kingdom of Georgia-Sakartvelo,
    6. Rus’,
    7. Kingdom of Serbia

Pagan:
    8. Mongols (emerging faction),
    9. Cumans\Qipchaqs\Polovtsi

Roman Catholics:
    10. Kingdom of Aragon,
    11. Kingdom of Castile (or Castile-Leon in 1072, not solved),
    12. Kingdom of Denmark,
    13. Kingdom of England,
    14. Kingdom of France,
    15. Holy Roman Empire,
    16. Kingdom of Hungary,
    17. Mediterranean Normans,
    18. Papal State (unplayable),
    19. Kingdom of Poland,
    20. Kingdom of Scotland,
    21. Republic of Venice
    ----------------------------------

Hello!

Just a couple of things with the faction names that caught my nosy eye:

1. I believe it should be Caliphate of Egypt, not Sultanate. The game starts with the Fatimids in power, right? Well, they called their ruler caliph.

4. It's basileia, not basilea. Besides, even though I'm a lover of the greek language (or maybe because of it) I think that, if all the other faction names are going to be in english, this one should be too. I've never cared much for exact translitterations. Why not just "The Roman Empire"? Or if that causes confusion with the Germans then "Empire of the Romans", like you said.

17. Why Mediterranean Normans? I doubt they ever called themselves that, even if I cannot be sure. What's wrong with Kingdom of Sicily?

And a general comment: Even if adding so many new factions is cool, I think it is not a good idea at all to leave northern italy with just one faction + rebels + any conquering powers. I think one of the historically best things CA did to improve mtw was adding Milan to counterbalance Venice, and if I was a modder I'd probably either keep it that way or add one more northern Italian faction. Italy's just not Italy with the rivalry of the city-states.

That said, have fun modding, hope your project turns out great

Shouldn't it be Romaion too instead of Rhomaion? And to be honest I find "Empire of Romans" to be rather dull, and like someone stated it wouldn't really be an exact english version.

Quote Originally Posted by saapas
    Shouldn't it be Romaion too instead of Rhomaion? And to be honest I find "Empire of Romans" to be rather dull, and like someone stated it wouldn't really be an exact english version.
    Romaion and Rhomaion are both correct in a way, depending on whether you want to translate the letter ro or rho. Same as in Pyrros vs Pyrrhos for the Epirot general, or Rodos vs Rhodos for the island.

What's wrong with the exactness?

It's just so contradictory. Just like renaming "Kingdom of France" to "Kingdom of the French".

Anticipating it will be a qool mod worth RTR :)

In Q&A I saw that it is not decided how to call Lithuanian faction. Here are few suggestions. Quedlinburg chronicles call it "Litua", which is quite close to how Lithuania is called these days, which is "Lietuva". However, Teutonic order most of the time clashed with Samogitian (Zemaitija) ethnic group, located just in the middle between Livonic Order (Today's Latvia) and Prusia (today's Kaliningrad). It is historicall correct to say, that Samogitia was a province of Lietuva Grand Ducery. If Lietuva faction becomes playable, which I think is correct thing to do for the accuracy of medieval history, I'd suggest in the starting map divide this pagan faction into two provinces: Samogitia having castle and Vilnius (which is not 100% historically correct, as it was built just in 13th century) being capital. While Samogitia was constant battleground between Lietuva and Teutonic order and produced most fierce milita force in Baltic tribes, Vilnius could clearly be administrative part for the gaming purposes.

This is probably not most precise historical description, but it could work for gaming adaptation.

GarbageMan next door Member Miloshus's Avatar

Why do you have to name it kingdom? ( kingdom of france)
    Why dont you name it just England, France, Denmark...??

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miloshus
    Why do you have to name it kingdom? ( kingdom of france)
    Why dont you name it just England, France, Denmark...??
    And how would you then call it? Rome? Empire of romans do sound a little dull, but I think it is the best solution I've heard so far...

Hello everybody.

Sweden doesn’t have any chance to become faction.

Baltic is already crowded and if we add Teutonic knights (which can be only emerging faction) it will become Baltic Total War.

@Beavis

Nobody guarantee that Bulgaria and Armenia will be in. This is not 100% settled. And there is high chance that starting date will be 1072 so Bulgaria and Armenians can be playable. We’ll see what will be in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis
    Similarly, I think a generic Persia would be a good addition. This faction emerges as Khwarezm and ends as the Timurids. My justification is as follows, even after being crusshed by the Mongols a Khwarezmian army made it to the middle East and took part in the campaigns there alongside muslim rulers, after being defeated by Egypt the remnants joined the Il-Khan Mongols. The Ilkhans were more often than not enemies of the Golden Horde, so two warring Mongol factions should be interesting and would counterbalance their power. After the Ilkhan decline a warlord named Timur arose from their territories and established his empire which continued in Moghul India.

In game terms I would represent this as follows:
    Firstly give names to the faction members in Khwarezmid fashion ie, Shah Ali Al-Khwarezm then around the late 1200's give the names of the family members an Ilkhan-flavour ie, Shah Hulegu the Ilkhan and give this Persian faction access to mongol units, by the late 1300's give family members names like Shah Timur. So we get 3 factions in one, a nice counterbalance to the Golden Horde and some intrigue as the faction may be Muslim but the leader is Pagan or Buddhist. Not completely realistic but close, think about it.
    Very interesting idea I admit. I will post it in developer subforum. Anyway, we’ll add another Muslim eastern faction (playable), but we can’t reveal it.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilakes En Strategoisin
    Hello!

Just a couple of things with the faction names that caught my nosy eye:

1. I believe it should be Caliphate of Egypt, not Sultanate. The game starts with the Fatimids in power, right? Well, they called their ruler caliph.
    Hello, too.

True about Fatimid ruler. But Ayyubid and Mamluk rulers were Sultans, so… And Abbasid Caliph is puppet under Seljuk rule when mod starts.

4. It's basileia, not basilea. Besides, even though I'm a lover of the greek language (or maybe because of it) I think that, if all the other faction names are going to be in english, this one should be too. I've never cared much for exact translitterations. Why not just "The Roman Empire"? Or if that causes confusion with the Germans then "Empire of the Romans", like you said.
    Many forum members in TWC didn’t like Empire of Romans so we changed in Greek.

17. Why Mediterranean Normans? I doubt they ever called themselves that, even if I cannot be sure. What's wrong with Kingdom of Sicily?
    I updated Q&A:
    Q: Why is Sicily eliminated as faction?
    A: Sicily is not eliminated as a faction. In southern Italy and Sicily starting faction will be Mediterranean Normans led by de Hautevilles. They’ll be in the start represented as Duchy of Apulia & Calabria under rule of Robert Guiscard and later County and Kingdom of Naples and Sicily.
    And a general comment: Even if adding so many new factions is cool, I think it is not a good idea at all to leave northern italy with just one faction + rebels + any conquering powers. I think one of the historically best things CA did to improve mtw was adding Milan to counterbalance Venice, and if I was a modder I'd probably either keep it that way or add one more northern Italian faction. Italy's just not Italy with the rivalry of the city-states.
    Northern Italy: HRE, Venice and Papal State.

Quote Originally Posted by Flax
    In Q&A I saw that it is not decided how to call Lithuanian faction. Here are few suggestions. Quedlinburg chronicles call it "Litua", which is quite close to how Lithuania is called these days, which is "Lietuva". However, Teutonic order most of the time clashed with Samogitian (Zemaitija) ethnic group, located just in the middle between Livonic Order (Today's Latvia) and Prusia (today's Kaliningrad). It is historicall correct to say, that Samogitia was a province of Lietuva Grand Ducery. If Lietuva faction becomes playable, which I think is correct thing to do for the accuracy of medieval history, I'd suggest in the starting map divide this pagan faction into two provinces: Samogitia having castle and Vilnius (which is not 100% historically correct, as it was built just in 13th century) being capital. While Samogitia was constant battleground between Lietuva and Teutonic order and produced most fierce milita force in Baltic tribes, Vilnius could clearly be administrative part for the gaming purposes.

This is probably not most precise historical description, but it could work for gaming adaptation.
    MTR will use work of Lithuania Mini Mod for Lithuania(ns) faction. They will provide solution.
    Watching

Here's a link that shows the state of the Teutonic Order.

http://www.euratlas.com/big/big1400.htm

Putting them in doesn't make the Baltic crowded it makes the game 'Realistic'. The Baltic doesn't become any more crowded than the Mediterranean. Putting the short-lived Volga-Bulgars in doesn't make sense if you leave a major power like the Teutons,

Anyone else think the Teutonic Order should be in?
    Please reconsider

Default Baltic

Euroatlas maps are inaccurate and full of falsification.

Mediterranean is drastically larger area than Baltic which you know.
    Watching

The euroatlas map is completely accurate in this case

The Baltic isn't crowded. Denmark, Poland, Lithuania and Novgorod.
    Putting the Teutonic Knights gives your game Realism.
    They even made it into other mods like Total War Chivalry I think.
    Putting them in keeps the Polish faction in check as what happened historically.
    Take out the Volga Bulgars they had little impact and disappeared when the mongols came along.
    Last edited by Cousin Zoidfarb; 12-19-2006 at 19:12.

GarbageMan next door Member Miloshus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis
    The euroatlas map is completely accurate in this case

The Baltic isn't crowded. Denmark, Poland, Lithuania and Novgorod.
    Putting the Teutonic Knights gives your game Realism.
    They even made it into other mods like Total War Chivalry I think.
    Putting them in keeps the Polish faction in check as what happened historically.
    Take out the Volga Bulgars they had little impact and disappeared when the mongols came along.
    Well you are right there should be Teutonic order. They would make balance on the north eastern piece of map. But the map is a bit weird (no offence).

no offense taken, I didn't make the map.
    What's so weird about it? It seems quite accurate to me.

MTR: AOA project ###### (temp) Member kataphraktoi's Avatar

Bulgaria and Armenia has been sidelined...

We have scripted "outbreaks", its a term used for scripted appearances of independent factions we didn't include in the faction list.

So I suppose if ur Poland and u dominate the Baltics, ur feeling quite comfortable and then one day...the script kicks in and the Tuetonic Knights have invaded the Balts.

But no, the Tuetonic Knghts don't seem to be contenders. Unfortunately, they can't be playable either.
    Retired from games altogether!!

Feudalism TOtal War, non-active member and supporter. Long Live Orthodox Christianity!

Sad to see them go - I especially had high hopes for Armenia Cilica (as I've succeded with them in Chivalry mod ;) )

I suppose we won't be able to play Teutonic order, because it's an emerging faction, right? This makes me think whther it could be possible to set different starting dates for different factions. So that England would start at 1066, Poland would strat at 1000 (just a wild guess ;), Teutonic order in XVIIth century and so on.

And expanding this idea, you could make separte eras - so,for example, England would start in 1066 (low era), somwhere in XIIIth cetury (high era) or at the outbreak of 100 year war (late era). I know it could be time consuming to implement, but I think it add flavour to the mod.

Also, I rember that there was a mod for RTW, that made it possible to switch factions with rebels to over come the faction limit - if you wanted to play with one faction, the other, blocking its place was replaced by rebels. Combining this with the separete era campaigns you could use much more factions - so, for xample, in low era there would be no Portugal and Mongols, but instead you could have Bulgaria and Saxons. Then in mid era there would be no Bulgars and Saxons, but you could get Portugal and Mongols. And so on :)

MTR: AOA project ###### (temp) Member kataphraktoi's Avatar

Sad to see them go - I especially had high hopes for Armenia Cilica (as I've succeded with them in Chivalry mod ;) )
    It was a hard decision, believe me.

I suppose we won't be able to play Teutonic order, because it's an emerging faction, right? This makes me think whther it could be possible to set different starting dates for different factions. So that England would start at 1066, Poland would strat at 1000 (just a wild guess ;), Teutonic order in XVIIth century and so on.
    More of a scripted emergence of an independent faction rather than an emerging faction from a faction list.

And expanding this idea, you could make separte eras - so,for example, England would start in 1066 (low era), somwhere in XIIIth cetury (high era) or at the outbreak of 100 year war (late era). I know it could be time consuming to implement, but I think it add flavour to the mod.
    too far into the future...hehe

Also, I rember that there was a mod for RTW, that made it possible to switch factions with rebels to over come the faction limit - if you wanted to play with one faction, the other, blocking its place was replaced by rebels. Combining this with the separete era campaigns you could use much more factions - so, for xample, in low era there would be no Portugal and Mongols, but instead you could have Bulgaria and Saxons. Then in mid era there would be no Bulgars and Saxons, but you could get Portugal and Mongols. And so on :)
    if there is a mod, could u link me to it. sounds interesting
    Retired from games altogether!!

Feudalism TOtal War, non-active member and supporter. Long Live Orthodox Christianity!

Phew, after lots of searching I've found it :)

Here it is: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34260

Unfortunately it seems that it's batch-file based, so to choose eras (with different factions) player would have to exit the game and run other bat file. But I don't think that having 3 shortcuts (for each era) instead of one would be such a problem for players

The batch files could also have one positive aspect - we could theme the menu and loading screens differently for each era

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast