Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Default Re: Any Oldtimers (2001)?

Hello Kas,

How are you doing?
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Senior Member Senior Member Kas's Avatar

I do great.... it's been years since I played TW...2003 I think. Played some CoD after that, but got bored with it and I now only play Albatross18...a dumb, but relaxing online golf game.

I still miss Shoggy, but my machine doesn't like it and I gave up on trying to get it installed. Maybe sad, but I still cherish the fond memories of the good old days and that's enough to keep this old man happy.

A few times per year I check the Org and Aggony website and say hello to all...a bit of a sentimental journey. Former achievements are perhaps completely meaningless, but I'm still proud of the humble part I played.

It's great to see the TW community is alive and kicking.

Be well and be nice to eachother.

On Steam: Kas

JoJoSan, can you forgive me?

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

You've got to get a total war working!

Grizz wishes to visit your land of totomi with many samurai to fight with kas against some honourable adversarys!

Nice to see you :)
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Former achievements are not meaningless Kas.

New hardware is a problem, have you tried to install MTW VI? You could then install SamWars and play that?

RTW has a samurai project too, that's still in development afaik.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Bought and played STW when it first came out and every one since. Have had several names, only other I remeber was Croaker. Stopped playing online with RTW mostly because all I got was verbal abuse. What I remember about back then was generally a group of honorable and skilled players. I can think of one 7bear7 general who I faced many times. he always went out of his way to be respectfull while he beat me. I only got the best of him once. But will always treasure that game. Installing on a new PC so will see if I know anyone once I recover my spy acct.

well maybe I wont play. been a while so went to recover my pass and it never showed up in email, even checked the spam filter. Sent Gamespy an email and they replied with an answer to a question I didnt ask. At this point unless they pull their head out their ass i wont be playing. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimeolas
    well maybe I wont play. been a while so went to recover my pass and it never showed up in email, even checked the spam filter. Sent Gamespy an email and they replied with an answer to a question I didnt ask. At this point unless they pull their head out their ass i wont be playing. Bummer.
    You don't have to use your old GameSpy account. You can make a new account. However, STW doesn't work through GameSpy. It never did.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

yea...finally got it reset, no thx to gamespy. Was wanting to see about playing the M2TW online, never did get to try that. I wonder if anyone plays the samurai mod online? There still a server up you guys play on?

Cant play...says my m2tw key is invalid. Bought the game fair and square. got other things to do anyway. Thx guys, good hunting.
    Last edited by Dimeola; 05-18-2008 at 07:59.

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Hi Dim,

Hoho, you need M:TW, not M2:TW.

I've faced the same problem, btw... But it's solveable. I think I got it solved. too bad I'm so awfully busy this weeks, otherwise I'd probably be playing now.

- Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

well they were trying to help me via email then quit mid-convo. Busy loading graphics stuff onto new pc, then will look at it again. Am i correct in thinking that the client software is on the M2TW Cds?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12