Thread: Squalor and Unrest?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

Default Squalor and Unrest?

Do those two joy-kills return in MTW2? And do they work the same way?

RTW was just stupid along those lines - buildings that reduced squalor increased population, which increased squalor. Either you had to play very "gamily" which hurt immersion or you had to butcher every city you took to delay the inevitable.

So, what's the news?

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Default Re: Squalor and Unrest?

They're still there. Unrest is actually bothering me more than squalor at the moment.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

They dont seem as prominient anymore though, the only city Ive had revolt was Damascus, mostly due to a '%0 Catholic population' :P

Im not sure how to reduce squalor in this one, since there arent any buildings which obviously reduce it. Churhces increase public health though.
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

Senior Member Senior Member wraithdt's Avatar

I suspect squalor is not as big of an issue this time judging from the lack of complaints regarding it. Either that or ppl have learned to deal with it more effectively since the RTW days. I know I have.

Squalor always became way out of control in my RTW campaigns...to the point where I would max the public health systems and public health related temples as early as possible. In some of the later games I would camp a "purification" army in between 4-5 cities and when squalor was too high I would just let the city revolt, put the revolt down, and murder most of the population

needless to say I hope I don't have to do this in MTW2
    While the wicked stand confounded
    call me, with thy saints surrounded.

How about the distance from capital penalty? I know it's more realistic, but it bugged me in RTW because it made it soooo hard to conquer the whole map.

The distance from capital penalty is still there. I think it is the same, if not bigger, as in RTW.

Of course it makes it harder to conquer the whole map. But shouldn't that be difficult?