Thread: Patch delayed...

Default Patch delayed...

That's from the official forum:

Hello,

As mentioned previously we at the Australia studio had planned on a day one update, we are close to having this ready for you. As you may remember Rome wasnÆt built in a day and well neither is Med 2 update. :)

As a part of this update we are also including the unpacker for the modders. We would have released it earlier but it is only compatible with the update 1 code. This is a tip of the hat to the modding fans out there who are already trying to make their own unpacker. There is a whole lot of love going around C.A. for the community now. We have been really pleased with the reaction you guys have been giving us and we want to give a little back.

We are a few days behind schedule for the update and we are about to start the two week final test pass before we release it to you guys. Assuming nothing goes wrong you should have it after then. I hope to release a list of the fixes that will be in the update so you can get an idea of what is coming. You will know the update is only a few days away when you see the readme for it posted.

There will be lots of little fixes in the update mostly to do with A.I. and a masses of other tiny things which we have squeezed into this build. Being a little late on the delivery has allowed us to soak up a few more fixes to problems you guys have found too, Quality Assurance here have been trawling the forums looking for your bugs and trying to repro them. They have also been enjoying your comments. heh

Stay keen,

-wikiman

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Default Re: Patch delayed...

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiman
    Quality Assurance here have been trawling the forums looking for your bugs and trying to repro them.
    Excellent.

Remember - all bugs should be reported in the Org buglist:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=71821

Homo Economicus Member AlJabberwock's Avatar

Wicked! Still time to stake my claim to my very own bug!

Al Jabberwock
    "...so I found a fork in the road and stuck it on my helmet!"
    "Hence your nickname?"
    "As The Prophet is my witness, they had been calling me 'Admiral Forkhead' for some time..."

Then let us hope (or at least those who are MP) the patch is delayed as long as it takes to do something to improve MP issues. It would be nice if CA could assure us that they recognise this problem and are trying to fix it

.......Orda

We are a few days behind schedule for the update and we are about to start the two week final test pass before we release it to you guys.
    So if I read this correctly it will take at least two weeks before the patch gets released, right? They call that "a few days behind schedule"?

Don't mind though, the game is playable (for me at least) so if they need more time and get most of the bugs out thats fine with me!

"You have the insanity... of a manatee."

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Overall gentlemen given the "released" state of the game and the feedback we are seeing here, I'd say we are onto a winnner!!

2 weeks for a patch...that's not bad given they are going to use forum bug hunting in the tweaks.

Damn Aussies, too busy cracking open a tinnie and throwing shrimp on the barbie

Only kidding, no really..............

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

Orda, this topic might interest you: http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotal...cID=6600.topic

Looks like CA is looking for feedback on the mp side of things, maybe for a patch.

Im actually glad the first patch is delayed because CA seem to have been checking the forums for bugs to be fixed in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted
    Orda, this topic might interest you: http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotal...cID=6600.topic

Looks like CA is looking for feedback on the mp side of things, maybe for a patch.

Im actually glad the first patch is delayed because CA seem to have been checking the forums for bugs to be fixed in it.
    Yup. Patch delay doesn't bother me, because I figure the longer they leave it the more bugs people will find that they will be able to address.

Hope they've seen the one about the ladder bug though, that sounds like a pretty important one to fix...

Given the fact it's been talked about on all the Tw fan forums i doubt they will have missed it. Whether its fixed in the first patch or not depends on how easy it is to fix the problem.

Very glad to hear from the patch news here. Sounds very promising and afterwards the game will be really a blast!

I hope someone has posted to the dedicated forum the problem of 50 to 1 fps bug during sieges. This pathfinding problem needs to be fixed urgently as most battles in MTW2 are sieges.
    "He could hear her still at times. Promise me, she had cried, in a room that smelled of blood and roses, Promise me, Ned. The fever had taken her strength and her voice had been faint as a whisper, but when he gave her his word, the fear had gone out of his sister's eyes."
    Eddard and Lyanna Stark about Jon Snow Targaryen.

I posted a list of bugs from the TWc and .org bug lists and various other threads in several threads at the .com forums, so they know about it.

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

Its infinitely good to hear from CA about their progress. It keeps us out of the dark and as we all know negativity can spread in the dark like squalor in RTW.

(Speaking of squalor has anyone gotten to the end game yet? Is the squalor as bad as in Rome?)

Regardless im looking forward to this patch release and im really happy that CA kept us updated on its progress. Hopefully before too long theyll give us the final word on other modding tools.