Thread: Norman Knights?

Default Norman Knights?

Hey guys,

I'm interested in starting a campaign with the English or Silicians. I obviously don't have the game yet, and won't till around the end of the week. Can anyone tell me if the Norman knights (Mounted/Dismounted) are any good. I'd also appreciate stats if you can so I can compare them to other units.

Oh, what about the muslim archers too? Are they anything special?

Thanks,

Sevinn

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

Default Re: Norman Knights?

Norman Knights are good units, though get outclassed by later cavalry. They are also some of the best loking units in the game. Muslim archers are better than some archers, but worse than others.

Ah, I see. Thanks Lusted. So Norman Knights basically get out preformed by Chivalric Knights and the equivalent generic knights for that faction i.e. English Knights. I take it that they are a sort of super Feudal Knights?

Prussian Musketeer Member Faenaris's Avatar

Norman knights (stat-wise) appear to be comparable to Chivalric Knights. On the whole, a Norman knight has more attack while the Chiv has more defence. In battle, they appeared to be a match. But then again, I haven't fought many Chivs in my campaign so far.

Norman Knights are cool, until they get their armour upgrade. They look like any other late-era knight then, which is a shame. I loved that visor.
    Signature by Atterdag

"Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben?" ("Dogs, do you want to live forever?") - Frederick II of Prussia at the battle of Kolin when adressing his fleeing Prussian soldiers.