Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midkemia : Total War

Default Midkemia : Total War

Midkemia Total War
    This mod is based in the fantasy world from Raymond E' Feist's books and it is set around the time of the Darkwar.(his latest works)
    The game map will cover the old kingdoms and Near Kesh.It will stretch to the north lands and as high as Armengar but not sar sargoth at the moment, it will cover the free cities, Queg and The Vale of Dreams and nearby areas of Kesh

Factions
    The Eastern Kingdom
    Western Kingdom
    Great Kesh
    Free Cities
    Armengarians
    Quegians
    Nomad Mordehel and Goblins

Map

I might use Bas Tyra Coat of Arms for Eastern Kingdom of the Isles

Team
    Project Lead : Malucio
    Campaign Map Design and Scripting : Malucio
    Modeler: Vacant
    Research Malucio and Vacant spaces
    Skinning: Vacancies
    Leader of The Machiavellian Syndicate - A open community for modders and fans to talk about Total War and Oblivion.

The Lord of the Thistles Member Roderic the Emptyhanded's Avatar
    Here and there. There and here. You know; wherever there's food. And pie.

Default Re: Midkemia : Total War

Yeyahoe! I say!
    It's based on the world in The Riftwar and those books, right?
    Well, good luck. I would offer my help, if it would be so I could be of any help. But I know nothing of modding. Well, good luck. Hope it will be a great mod

Regards Wiking

It's funny, cause i've actually been thinking about how the works of Feist would make a good movie or a game lately.

I pretty much have all his books, and i love them, I'm looking forward to this one.

Though i'm curious on how you're gonna model the units etc, because Feist doesn;t describe the looks of them very much. I'd say the wolrd of Midkemia and especially The Isles, are at a late medieval timeframe, without gunpowder.

Maybe you could use the Americas portion of the map to make the world of Kelewan. and make it ofcourse unreachable by boat. But ,maybe you could script something o a rift in the map.

Good luck on this Maculio

Units
    Western Kingdom of The Isles
    Spear Militia
    Seargant Spearmen
    Armoured Spearmen
    Western Sword Militia
    Amoured Swordsmen
    La Mut Swordsmen
    Yabonese Highlanders
    Archers
    Rangers of Krondor/Rangers of Crydee
    Mailed Lancers
    Mounted Infantry
    Royal Knights
    Krondorian Lancers
    Crimson Eagles
    Dismounted Crimson Eagles
    Ballista
    Catapult

Eastern Kingdom of The Isles
    Spear Militia
    Seargant Spearmen
    Eastern Sword Militia
    Armoured Swordsmen
    Rillanon Guards
    Archers
    Royal Archers
    Militia Cavalry
    Mailed Lancers
    Saladorian Cataphracts
    Rillanon Royal Bodyguard
    Jal Pur Mercenaries
    Keshian Deserters
    Vale Veterans
    Ballista
    Catapult
    Trebuchet
    Leader of The Machiavellian Syndicate - A open community for modders and fans to talk about Total War and Oblivion.

Actually Maziel he does
    The Krondorian troops of the west wear blue colours so that will be the colours of the West.
    The lancers are described in detail in the Serpentwar Saga and the La Mut men are described in A Shadow at Sethanon.
    It is a fantasy world set around the High/Late eras of Medieval, with only Queg having any form of Gunpowder, this is quegan fire so queg will have best ships.
    Kesh is an adaptation of Byzantium, The Isle is a strange one, in some ways its is like the situation in Spain and HRe around the time of Henry VI (one king over both)
    but in looks they are a mix of france and a lot of England.Most of the modeling in this is already there, except for keshians.
    The Jal Pur are Egyptians or Turks.

Maziel in reference to Kelewan it is inconceivable to add in Kelewan with as little information as i have without the .packs extracted but i more than likely can implement the city of Serpent River and Maharta.
    As for timescale it is set in the Dark War, which is around 30 years after the battle of nightmare ridge and around 80 years after the Events in Magician. Mosto f the Tsurani in La mut are dead.

The Darkwar sagas?, I think that's a little more than 80 years after the events in magician

no in 'Exile's Return' Kaspar says how the Serpent War ravaged in the West 30 years before the current day and in serpent war is says it is around 50 years after the rift war

I don't feel like searching my books, so i'll just make up a point off hand.

Jimmy the hand, was in his teens at the end of the Magician book, yeah?

When he died in Krondor during the Serpentwar Saga, I'd say he was at least sixty. While Erik Von Darkmoor was presumably in his late twenties. During the darkwar Saga, Erik von Darkmoor was an old dying duke of Krondor. What was it again? Like 80? Been a while since i read the books. So i'd say it's at least a bit longer than 80 years. More like 100+ if you'd ask me

probably a mistake by Feist :O
    but kaspar dates it,so if you think it 50 years between sethanon and demon's rage makes jimmy mid sixties and 30 years makes eric around 50 (it says old so it may have been more like 50 years between this and Talwin Hawkings overthrow of Kaspar. so were saying 100 years tbh.

Anyway here's the bitter sea for camp map ( work in progress - if this is final size queg is doomed tbh. )

Hmm I think you gotta have to consider another timeframe.

I mean, The east and west Kingdom of Isles plus Great Kesh, are gonna be the superpowers.

I think The Kingdom of Roldem, Queg, and the free cities will have little chance,

Are you planning on letting the east and west be enemies?

Are you planning to include Novindus?

The East and West will be able to go to war, to stop them being superpowers, the keshians will be constantly at war with the East, in M2TW you can change their view of each other. Kesh and the Eastern Kingdom will be on a constant threat of war.

Queg are known to trade with the free cities in the west and they will be friendly, and do not forget that queg has a powerful navy so actually defeating them will take a while.

Also do not forget the bitter sea kingdom's war and how that ravaged the west kingdom, added to the Invasion from Novindus the West is weak at this time, if queg and the free cities were to act in union they could take Ylith, Zun and La Mut and become dangerous, and open up your book's map, look at wear krondor is, no Kingdom lands lie between Queg and Krondor and the Prince of Krondor's Navy is in a mess at this stage, as he has yet to really rebuild a proper navy. The Free cities have a lot of resources and trade so they are a threat ot the west.

As for Roldem, at first sight they appear in dire straits yet they are actually (mind the pun) in a sea of oppurtunities, they may be able to take advantage of the Chaos at the East with the Eastern Kingdoms, and do not forget often armies of the east will clash with kesh. (only as far south as krondor and malac's cross is held by the prince of krondor in this mod and this is a kind of balancing.)

As to your last question i don't intend to in the first versions but when i have some of it done i will try to add in novindus in an add-on

Empire of Great Kesh
    Dog Soldiers
    Ismali
    Inner Legionnaires
    Jal Pur Archers
    Imperial Guides
    Mounted Dog Soldiers
    Keshian Chargers
    Inner Legion Lancers
    Imperial Bodyguard
    Jal Pur Nomads
    Jal Pur Riders
    Ballista
    Catapult Trebuchet

Queg
    Coastal Militia
    Palanque Spearmen
    Keshian Legionnaires
    Quegen Sailors
    Galley Archers
    Quegen Archers
    Mounted Legionnaires
    Noble Knights
    Senate Knights
    Ballista
    Catapult
    Trebuchet

this is a very early proto-type height map, based on the e3_campaign_demo in the world folder.Most of the east is not done yet but i have the south-west corner done in detail.

Looks good for an early draft

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Midkemia : Total War

Hey Maculio, great idea for a mod! I would like to help out with research, if you've got any spots left. What you could do for the eastern kingdoms, is have each duchy represented (dependant on time period) I know black guy would have the main area, but I am sure i remember other duchies... anyway, i really would like to help out on this great idea for a mod!
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

we are recruiting new members, at the moment i am the only person doing this mod so i desperately need help on it, well not yet ( first with need to decrypt the files ) so if you want to you can join the team for whatever you want. Just pm me. Please go to our site at www.eznuke.com/midkemiatw after this as we can talk more their and not be accused of spam.

Okay so i was wondering for your verdict on the area of the campaign, extend or make smaller?

Looks like a nice idea, a bit sad there won't be any Tsurani however.

Won't however only seven factions be a little to few?

pevergreen that is a brilliant idea, which will give Roldem a real chance, you could then replace the Papal States with Rillanon and the college of cardinals with Council of Nobles, and see if it is possible to change the candidates from Priests to characters, as the pope becomes a character... and later it may be possible to change the piety to loyalty and this would decide who gets on the council.

The only problem with this idea is the western kingdom growing too strong, and of course the change in timeline, even though this means we have virtually the same tech trees the factions may need to be slightly rethought.

in answer to your question, no i don't think seven factions would have been too few but i think we're about the change the faction list quite abit. I'll work on it but here's the idea I formed from Gurkhal and Pevergreen's Posts - To balance for smaller factions Eastern Kingdom Factions Start as Duchys and are loosely Allied by their Loyalty to the Crown in Rillanon.
    To balance this the game will either face a Tsurani invasion such as the Mongol's in Vannila or it will start A year into the riftwar with the Tsurani holding some cities in the North and them and the West in a stalemate.
    This will massively increase the faction list and add to the gameplay. And Kesh, Like Byzantium will but surrounded and divided so that it will not grow to be a superpower.

This is a update to the mod's details - because of the inability to edit posts this will be quite confusing, but this is a Amended faction list - only early draft of the New one:
    Factions
    Eastern Kingdom Sub-factions
    Duchy of Salador
    Duchy of Silden
    Duchy of Bas Tyra
    Duchy of Rodez
    Royal Rillanon ( unplayable - functions like papal states - read below )

Western Kingdom of the Isles
    The Empire of Tsuranuanni ( the invasion force )
    The Free Cities
    The Empire of Great Kesh
    The Nomadic Mordehel
    The Kingdom of Roldem
    Queg

The New Functions of the Eastern Kingdom
    The Eastern Kingdom is now divided up into Duchys which are each independently ruled and can march to war.This is a balancing System to assist Roldem. We will try to implement new functions for the Papal States,
    replacing them with the Court of Rillanon and the college of cardinals with the Council of Nobles.
    Basically how this will work is acting as a way to keep the Eastern Kingdoms Stable -and try keep Bas Tyra in Line (hopefully it will be possible to replace the Priests in the college with Characters and if not we will rename the priests to Squires.) After the death of each King, the Council will vote upon who the next King shall be.Much like Papal Elections.

The Tsuranuanni
    I'm sorry to announce this but we will not be including Kelewan into the game as I cannot see anyway to mod it into Medieval 2 in a accurate way.However the game is being moved back to the time of the Riftwar and the Tsurani Army is camped in the West around the Freecities and their line has spread across to threathen Yabon and the Coast at the Bitter Sea.
    The Tsurani will not be fully fortified, lest they grow too powerful and steamroll over the Western Kingdom of The Isles, it will be set that the chances of peace are very low for many turns (maybe unrealistic in the books-terms but its jut making it more fun to play)

Finally, on the site ( www.eznuke.com/midkemiatw ) there is a thread concerning our need for a signature. Any budding graphics artists go there to show us your talent.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

with the western kingdom unit list:
    Spear Militia
    Seargant Spearmen
    Armoured Spearmen
    Western Sword Militia
    Amoured Swordsmen
    La Mut Swordsmen
    Yabonese Highlanders
    Archers
    Rangers of Krondor/Rangers of Crydee
    Mailed Lancers
    Mounted Infantry
    Royal Knights
    Krondorian Lancers
    Crimson Eagles
    Dismounted Crimson Eagles
    Ballista
    Catapult
    : If possible have the appropriate units region spec (if possible) but Crydee foresters...there was only Martin and two - four others IIRC(Gareth was one i think) So maybe get rid of them
    The Crimson Eagles are a good idea, but they only operated in novindus... If we had novindus as America then replaced the code for Conquisterdors (sp?) the Crimson Eagles would be awsome, strength and history wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

well the eagles are pretty much obsolete now ,as the timeline has been changed. And the foresters of Crydee were larger its just that we only meet Garret, Martin and Charles. From what I interpreted was that they had a full unit but they were the only foresters who mattered as a part of the plot ( for instance how many Krondorian Lancers are named yet we know they must be some elite unit in the Western Army.

This is a Early draft of the new Unit list for the West :

Spear Militia
    Sword Militia
    Seargant Spearmen
    Armoured Spearmen
    Western Swordsmen
    Yabonese Highlanders
    Archer Militia
    Armoured Archers
    Krondorian Rangers
    Light Lancers
    Mounted Infantry
    Kingdom Lancers
    Krondorian Lancers
    Royal Guards
    Secret Police
    Ballista
    Catapult
    Trebuchet

I was thinking about having it start around the beginning of the riftwar and have 2 turns a year and the campaign is 125 Years?

250 turns could be too short

well then what timescale would be good for it?

fantastic idea, but what about the elves and the dwarves?

they could be small isolated kingdoms in the west where they have a very large benefit on home territory, i.e. elves in the forrests and drawves in the mountains. much like an extreme version of the climate benefit to northern and southern factions in the total war games.

at the moment we cannot add in new animations so I don't think dwarves are possible, and I want to see how moddable M2TW is before I put too much of workload on me, it's only a two man team :'(

cool!
    ive just started reading Fiest's books, on Talon of the Silver Hawk now.

on i side note, this site has spoiler tags for a reason!
    would people kindly use them, i'd like to read more that the first few posts but the conversation was leaning towards stuff i dont want to know yet

yeh i was thinking about putting it in spoilers but idecided it wasn't really a spoiler cos almost nothing is final at the moment.

On a side note, the mod's forums are online at http://www.allroundhosting.co.uk/ipb...rum=midkemiatw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast