Thread: what condition triggers new general / man of hour

Default what condition triggers new general / man of hour

what triggers the man of the hour events? besides the army had to have no general? Because the generals produced this way usually have good traits like dauntless...

Default Re: what condition triggers new general / man of hour

I get most of my man of the hour generals by using my captain's unit to kill as many enemies as possible. So most preferiably heavy cavalry or archers would do the job. Riding or shooting down broken troops does not help. So the best way to get them is to search for 1-3 unit rebels and have your general to the most of the fighting. I never got a man of the hour event by just leading his army to victory several times without doint much fighting by himself.

Ricardus Insanusaum Member Bob the Insane's Avatar

Well you need to be a littel short of general's in the first place...

As per RTW you will dynamically get more get more Man of the Hour and adoptions if you have substantually more settlements than generals...

I think you need a Heroic victory as well...

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

With some factions it seems like if you capture a lot of guys and then release them the screen comes up.
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

I wanna be a real boy! Member chunkynut's Avatar

Heroic Victory seemed to be the key in the first part of my campaign but later I've had less offers so it must be to do with using the generals unit as well, maybe an increase in experience for that unit helps?

Just an Oldfart Member Basileus's Avatar

Winning Heroic Victorys are not the only thing it seems, i won 3 battles both where Heroic but hes still a captain the poor guy. I have 4 generals and 13 provinces so its not that i have enough either. Btw the 2 battles i was sieged so i guess for those 2 it could that it does not work with sigies.

Apparently adoption characters aren't as good as the man of the hour guys, at least in my cases. It would appear the adoptions were triggered by deeds of existing generals. On the other hand, I've never had man of the hour after a battle faught with generals.

I got one when four units of mailed knights were ambushed by one of my faction heirs who had deserted and became a rebel.Luckily for me as it happens as he was a complete fruitcake.
    His loyalty and stats were really poor when i got the offer to adopt him so i declined.

Nobody Important Member Somebody Else's Avatar

I've got 50+ provinces, and one family member. I get an adoption notice every turn, a marriage offer for my princess every turn, and every captain led victory leads to a 'man-of-the-hour' offer (Except settlement assaults/defences).
    Don't have any aspirations - they're doomed to fail.

Rumours...

you seem to get one when you win a battle without a general and the odds werernt too great in your favour. i find using city garrisons to clear up wandering rebels and autoresolving produces a man of the hour EVERY single time -this is on h/h

Arlington, Texas, United States of America.

To get a man of the hour you need at the minimum a Heroic Victory. Next you also need the generals unit to get around 100-200 kills. Also a trigger in RTW was the captain himself getting at a minimum of 10 kills. Part of the reason why it's hard to get men of the hours when their not mounted.

If you know how to earn the "brave" line of traits, rinse and repeat that on a captian.
    Wine is a bit different, as I am sure even kids will like it.
    BigTex
    "Hilary Clinton is the devil"
    ~Texas proverb

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Anyone have a definitive answer to this ?
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

Yes, if you have very few generals compared to number of settlements, and captain wins a battle with suffeirng few casualties, the event will be triggered.

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Thanks. Do you know what the ratio is ?
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Playing un modded (1.1 patch) campaign I had a Heroic Victory - with a general (ie bod with bodyguard not just a captain) in charge who was awarded the "Man of the Hour" and then he was offered for adoption into the Royal Family as a son.

So you can get "Man of the Hour" with a general, but not as a general rule.

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

I've witnessed a captain awarded the MOTH after a "Clear Victory", don't know what he did particularly ... from what i remember it was an archer-unit captain...

At that time I was slightly low on the general/sttelement count but not much...so ?
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Dracula Member Dracula(Romanian Vlad Tepes)'s Avatar

Thumbs down Re: what condition triggers new general / man of hour

There is an engine wich triggers this.
    Last edited by Dracula(Romanian Vlad Tepes); 04-17-2007 at 17:25.

Gents:

Good afternoon from Canada!!! I hope this finds you and yours well. As for me, Icould complain...yadda, yadda, yadda.

Last night, I was playing as the Byzantine Empire, and I found a Rebel army breathing down my neck. I waited a couple of turns to get some more men and when I was ready, I threw out the Rebel trash. This earned my governor a "Man of the Hour" document, plus an invite to be adopted into my Royal Family.

Needless to say, he's now a member of my Royal Family.

Live long and prosper, take care and thank you kindly!!!

Sincerely yours always,

Indy.

I think the ratio is around 1.5 (provinces:family members) and you don't need a heroic victory at all

Heavy Metal Warlord Member Von Nanega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rios
    Apparently adoption characters aren't as good as the man of the hour guys, at least in my cases. It would appear the adoptions were triggered by deeds of existing generals. On the other hand, I've never had man of the hour after a battle faught with generals.
    I did once. The general was killed early on in the battle. I then won the fight. (Not Heroically, but just regular) Got a Man of the Hour out of it. He was better than the general he replaced.
    Cap badge of the Queens Royal Lancers

The Death or Glory Boys

I just got one last night where the captain leading the army was killed, but I got a MOTH anyway---and he was a really good one, one of the best characters I've picked up in a long time.

It's based on need and not on victory type. I've gotten MoH from a battle I lost! I've also gotten MoH when using a General that was not a family member.