Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: M2TW data text files

Default Re: M2TW data text files

Neither download for the CA files works, unfortunatelly

The download site has probably been killed by EB downloads - you'll have to give it a while.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Question Problem after creating a mod.

I was digging around and couldn't find anyone with this problem, so I thought I'd ask it here.

I created a mod folder, that all worked great, the only change I made was increasing the movement points of ships and the diplomatic units (using the RTW trait trick). That theoretically shouldn't affect the battle map, but... when I go into battle the game is freezing up something crazy, pretty much every time I click on a unit the game locks for several seconds.

I've replicated it on different battle fields and it happens without fail every time. I then attempted to replicate it using the vanilla install and everything works perfectly there.

Has anyone else experienced this?

One thing I tried was copying all the data, sound, packs files into my mod directory, thinking that might help it find some file it's missing more quickly or something. Obviously that didn't work or I wouldn't be here, would I?

Links don't work

Default Re: Problem after creating a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Edwyn
    I was digging around and couldn't find anyone with this problem, so I thought I'd ask it here.

I created a mod folder, that all worked great, the only change I made was increasing the movement points of ships and the diplomatic units (using the RTW trait trick). That theoretically shouldn't affect the battle map, but... when I go into battle the game is freezing up something crazy, pretty much every time I click on a unit the game locks for several seconds.

I've replicated it on different battle fields and it happens without fail every time. I then attempted to replicate it using the vanilla install and everything works perfectly there.

Has anyone else experienced this?

One thing I tried was copying all the data, sound, packs files into my mod directory, thinking that might help it find some file it's missing more quickly or something. Obviously that didn't work or I wouldn't be here, would I?
    Hi, I'm not sure about the "RTW trait trick", dose that mean you use a commend line IN game to add moment points?
    I did similar thing by increase movement points for spy/assassin and decreased points for inquisitor (so my assassin can catch them), through mod the descr_character.txt file, it worked ok.

Quote Originally Posted by scsscsfanfan
    Hi, I'm not sure about the "RTW trait trick", dose that mean you use a commend line IN game to add moment points?
    I did similar thing by increase movement points for spy/assassin and decreased points for inquisitor (so my assassin can catch them), through mod the descr_character.txt file, it worked ok.
    No, it involves adding a trait that the game checks for each turn for that unit which will give them added movement points. See this link...

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=51372

But on the subject of my problem:

I went a step further and removed all actual modded files, but used the mymod batch file and thus the mymod directory and still I get the freezing up in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Edwyn
    when I go into battle the game is freezing up
    Sorry for the multiple posts, but I can't edit the original. I was just playing around with the vanilla install and it is also locking up now. I guess I didn't give it long enough while testing between mods to see if it happens there too. So it's something to do with the base install that suddenly started happening after over a week of perfect game play. Can't say I expect anything else from the Total War series. *sigh*

So never mind. The problem isn't mod related at all.

Thanks, Merlin's Apprentice, but I had already edited those files... hmmm, I'll just have to keep testing or try again

When I try to download them it says bandwidth exceeded. Could someone please rehost them?

cant download!

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

i there another mirror?

Added link in top post to download mirror provided by HorseArcher.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Default Re : Re: M2TW data text files

I can't found the file imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt

I noticed that the alt download link (at TWC) only have the data files, not the text files, anyone know where to find them?

Limes how on earth did you get Cornwall in there? I have been trying for about 3hrs to get a Dartmoor province into the map, basically using your cornwall as a guide and all it does is cause ctds. I've got other provinces in no problem but it just seems to be that location. I've put in a black square for the settlement and a white one for the port did you have to put them anywhere special?

I have followed the instuctions to the letter I made the bat file I copied the cfg file and added the features mod=mymod I made the my mod file i copied the entire data file then I psted the txt files that I downloaded but when I change the termplar kinghts numbers to 60 and when I try to give musketeers to the english I start the game with the bat file and the original unmodded game starts wtf

"Audacity, always audacity!" Member Simmons's Avatar

It seems text\names.txt is missing or has it changed and the file is no longer needed.

“By push of bayonets, no firing till you see the whites of their eyes”
    - Friedrich der Große

then what do I do

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

Make sure you haven't named your new mymod.cfg file mymod.cfg.cfg. That is what i did when i first tried to do the mod switch. Simply rename the mymod.cfg to mymod and it should work.

I did that and now its just my mod a file not a cfg and the game still does not work

Quote Originally Posted by hellenes
    Nevermind I fixed it....however i have a huge obstacle to my Greek localisation:
    there are NO medieval fonts (like the menu text and the City overheads) in Greek just the Arial small text!!!!!!!!
    Is there any way to edit the fonts?
    ΣΥΝΕΛΛΗΝΑ, I heartedly wish the very best of Luck with this!!

We have our diffrences concerning EB's ancient greek voicemod, but, I wholehartedly support your effrort! Well done!

You like EB? Buy CA games.

what do I do, someone post a genuine easily read list of instructions

Can't get the modswitch to work :(

If I create a txt file in the M2 folder, and then rename it to Launch_MyMod.bat, it stays a .txt file, instead of becoming a .bat file.

Anyone happen to know how to solve this?
    Thanks in advance.

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

I assume you have changed the little file selector to 'all' rather than *.txt right? Cause I suffered from the same problem until I did that.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Quote Originally Posted by bobman2
    I did that and now its just my mod a file not a cfg and the game still does not work
    Sounds like you have file extensions hidden; by removing the .cfg, you've probably ended up with a file called mymod.txt.

In My Computer, click Tools, then Folder Options, then the 'View' tab, then UNtick "Hide file extensions for known file types".

Quote Originally Posted by redmark
    Sounds like you have file extensions hidden; by removing the .cfg, you've probably ended up with a file called mymod.txt.

In My Computer, click Tools, then Folder Options, then the 'View' tab, then UNtick "Hide file extensions for known file types".

Thanks, that fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by Roy1991
    Thanks, that fixed it
    You're welcome. I'm completely unable to get my own working, for some reason... :)

Can we have the updated data/text files for v1.1, if there are any changes made to them?

You can extract any file you need with the provided unpacker. It comes with v1.1 and is located in "tools" folder.

Quote Originally Posted by hwfanatic
    You can extract any file you need with the provided unpacker. It comes with v1.1 and is located in "tools" folder.
    Thanks, man!
    I thought those unpacked text and xml files would be in hard to read forms and didn't give it a go.
    Now its the modding time!

Maybe this has already been asked, but because there are so many posts I don't know how to even begin to filter through them all.

I downloaded the M2TW_data_files.zip and opened it up, can someone please tell me how the hell to even use these, what folder to extract them to, ect? I mean seriously guys, if the infermation's there somewhere, or there's a tutorial, it's kind of obscure and confusing and seems to assume whoever gets these files will already know or something.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast