Thread: EB - New Workgroups and Members list

Default EB - New Workgroups and Members list

Posting this here finally as the last faction has been revealed and all faction groups can be listed. This has been Kull's creation, but I have been updating it a lot recently. It will be updated again soon, when membership is reviewed again shortly.

I. Administration:

Mod Leader (khelvan): The "face" of the EB Team, Ensures Mod Team remains true to overall "EB Vision", Performs Public Relations tasks (fans, other mods, other interested parties).
    Mod Co-Leader (Aymar de Bois Mauri): EB Founder, Performs Public Relations tasks (fans, other mods, other interested parties).
    Mod Co-Leader (Urnamma): Has moderator and new member acceptance powers, Provides responses to Unit questions in the Public Forums.
    Project Manager (Kull): Responsible for tracking overall progress of the EB Mod. Can identify all gaps and areas that need to be completed. Works directly with Workgroup/Task Leads to help them meet their goals. Lists requirements for new Project Management tools. Has moderator and new member acceptance powers.
    Mod Whip (Teleklos Archelaou): Has moderator and new member acceptance powers. Looks at most threads and encourages activity/delivers beatings (or is ignored).
    Recruiter (tk-421): Coordinates recruiting efforts and contacts volunteers. Manages the "EB Help Wanted" thread and puts volunteers/recruits in touch with the correct Task Leads. Gertgregor assists (LOA).
    Project Management Tools (blacksnail): Builds and Deploys the EB Project Management Tools

II. Factions:

Aedui (PSYCHO V): Anthony
    Arche Seleukeia (Urnamma): Teleklos Archelaou, Vandal Carthage, QwertyMIDX
    Arverni (PSYCHO V): Anthony
    Baktria (Urnamma): Teleklos Archelaou, Vandal Carthage, keravnos
    Casse (Anthony): PSYCHO V, Anthony
    Epeiros (Teleklos Archelaou): Vandal Carthage, QwertyMIDX, keravnos
    Eleutheroi (Vacant): Kull
    Getai (Paullus): Cronos Impera, Edyzmedieval
    Hayasdan (Foot): artavazd, Angadil
    Koinon Hellenon (Teleklos Archelaou): Vandal Carthage, QwertyMIDX
    Lusotannan (Aymar de Bois Mauri): Sarcasm, Dux Corvanus, Kull, Anthony
    Makedonia (Vandal Carthage): Teleklos Archelaou, QwertyMIDX
    Pahlava (Steppe Merc): Persian Cataphract, Angadil
    Pontos (Teleklos Archelaou): Krusader, QwertyMIDX
    Ptolemaioi (Urnamma): Teleklos Archelaou, Vandal Carthage, QwertyMIDX
    Qarthadastim (Urnamma): Vandal Carthage, Tanit
    Romani (Cunctator-Wigferth Ironwall): Vandal Carthage, Teleklos Archelaou, QwertyMIDX, Zaknafien
    Saba (Vandal Carthage): QwertyMIDX, Teleklos Archelaou
    Saka Rauka (Angadil): Krusader, Vandal Carthage, Steppe Merc, Jurchen Fury, keravnos
    Sauromatae (Steppe Merc): Angadil, Jurchen Fury
    Sweboz (TheTank): Thiudareiks Gunthigg, Vandal Carthage, PSYCHO V

III. Graphics:

Unit Graphics Lead (Urnamma): Obtains historical data describing units, researches it to determine validity, and then passes the data on to a modeler or modeler/skinner. Receives units back from modelers/skinners and sends completed units (model + skin) to Unit Card developer. Receives complete set of unit data (model, skin, card, and text file data) back from Unit Card developer and holds them until the next EB release.
    Models/Skins (Urnamma): Aymar de Bois Mauri, Alin, Spartan Warrior, stefan25, Agart, Spirit_of_Rob, Seydlitz, Forgus, PSYCHO V, Xprime, and antiochus epiphanes. Creates Models/Skins based on inputs received from FCs and Unit Graphics Lead.
    Unit Cards (Aymar de Bois Mauri): Receives completed units from Unit Graphics Lead, creates Unit Card and LOD model, makes required changes to export_descr_units.txt and export_units.txt, and hands off unit files to the Unit Integration team. Assisted by Spirit_of_Rob.
    Sprites (Proper Gander): PG, Foot, and Bonny. Creates new sprites to accompany EB units and modifies DMB to place them "in game".
    3D Buildings (shifty157): Creates and modifies 3D buildings and related graphics for placement in cities and on the battle map. Also knowledgeable with the text files that govern building placement.
    3d Resource Models (eadingas): All visible map resources are managed by eadingas, while the creation of new ones is performed by modelers such as Alin, shifty157, and Palissa.
    2D Building Cards (Teleklos Archelaou): Creates the UI Cards for new EB Buildings. O'Etairos creates the constructed images for new MIC buildings.
    2D Ancillaries (Forgus): Researches and creates ancillary portraits. Receives named, "to-be-made" ancillaries from the FCs. Spendios creates/modifies text and inserts finished Ancillaries into the mod.
    2D "Special Art":
    - Victory & Defeat Message Screens (Dux Corvanus)
    - Faction Icons (Dux Corvanus, Aymar de Bois Mauri)
    - Flags/Banners (Teleklos Archelaou)
    - User Interface Screens ("GUI"s) (Teleklos Archelaou), Forgus, Psycho V
    - Promotional Art (Teleklos Archelaou), Discoskull, mangalore
    Map (Eadingas-coordinator): Understands how the map files interact and how to make the changes that our historians and geography team submit. These tasks include City and port relocations, Terrain and coastline adjustments, Province border changes, Ability to patiently test out slight changes to get roads functioning better in certain regions (which often involves terrain height issues), Terrain type changes, and handles Battle Map problems (missing bridges, coastline issues, etc.) Mapping tasks performed by Stormy, Edyzmedieval, and Uranos.

IV. Game Mechanics:

New EB Government & Recruiting System (blacksnail): Develops and tests the new Government and Recruiting system. The old system (developed by Khelvan) was rendered unusable by the Building Conditional CTDs that arose as a result of the EB conversion from RTW v1.2 to v1.5. In-game testing and error tracking performed by Nestor, Kull, LorDBulA, Foot, Teleklos Archelaou, and others.
    Steppe Faction Government & Recruiting System (Teleklos Archelaou): Developed new Steppe Government and Recruiting system. Testing and implementation is handled by Angadil.
    Traits and Ancillaries (BozosLiveHere): - File owner of
    Data\export_descr_character_traits.txt, Data\export_descr_ancillaries.txt, Data\text\export_VnVs.txt, and Data\text\export_ancillaries.txt Therother is the "Traits Mastermind", and as such consults on long-term goals, milestones, and objectives for the group. Assisted by Atilius. Formerly led by Malrubius (inactive). Formerly assisted by Destroyer of Hope (inactive).
    Unit Statistics (tk-421) - Utilizes massive spreadsheet created by Angadil to tweak in-game values. Converting statistics from v.74 to v.80 (and providing stat development for new units). Urnamma and FCs assist with technical details. Formerly led by QwertyMIDX (provides on-call advice and assistance).
    Scripting (LorDBula): Task lead gathers and assigns scripting tasks and coordinates and tests scripts. Scripters write and test scripts for events in EB. Assisted by The Mark (semi-active), Atilius, Pritzl. Placement and scripted death of "Fog-of-War Spies being worked on by Anallein.
    Ships (O'ETAIPOS) - Writes ship descriptions, balances stats/costs, prepares recruitment of ships, creates graphics for ship icons and unit images.
    Artillery (Cunctator) - Researches period artillery devices, writes descriptions, balances stats/costs, assigns recruitment areas. Assisted by O'ETAIPOS and shigawire.
    Unit Integration (Forgus-coordinator) - Assembles unit graphics (see units section) and edits required text files and then tests them in game to ensure everything works. Completed file sets are handed off to Foot who adds them to the current Build. Physical integration tasks performed by Spendios, Equilibrium, and Foot.
    Unit Recruitment (Kull) - Assembles all unit recruitment into a large spreadsheet and then runs it through a C++ program (created by LorDBulA) which then generates "EDB-ready" text. Assistant is Big John (inactive). Historical recruitment information provided by Urnamma and Faction Coordinators.
    Ethnicities (vacant) - Ethnicities Coder solicits and collects proposals for ethnicities, including their descriptions, effects, and triggering mechanisms, codes them appropriately for EB's traits system, and sends them to Trait Lead for integration. Formerly led by Equilibrium. The assistant in this task is Spendios.
    Formations (vacant): Formerly led by The_Mark

V. Mod Support Tasks:

Porting to 1.5 (Teleklos Archelaou) - TA was the Coordinator for this effort. nikolai1962 was the Technical Lead, responsible for implementing and testing changes. cunctator and QwertyMIDX coordinated and implemented much of the work also.(Task is complete)
    Internal Build Updates (Foot): Assembles all new and changed files and applies them to the Latest Version of the EB Build. Conducts limited testing and then uploads the files for use by Beta Testers and interested Team Members.
    EB File Downloads (Vercingetorix) - Creates EB Install files for each new version and patch. Owns the FTP Hosting site.
    Web Site (Krusader): Web Master of the EB Web Site performs the majority of site updates. therother also performs site updates and fixes.
    Text Editing (Kull) - Chief Editor for many of the Text files in the Data/Text subdirectory (most are now "fixed). Provides "on request" editing for any team member who asks. Ongoing responsibility for export_buildings.txt and export_units.txt Team includes blacksnail and tk-421. Werner currently works on eb.txt short descriptions. Public Forum "Helper" postion currently performed by Ryg.
    Bug Tracking (vacant): Formerly led by Eclectic (inactive)
    Bug Hunting (vacant): Teleklos Archelaou, Kull, O'ETAIPOS, Sarcasm, therother
    Beta Testing (Teleklos Archelaou): v.80 Beta Testing Team works in the new EuropaBarbarorum Forums. Testers include Bonny, Zaknafien, zero1, Tanit, paullus, Reenk Ronk, Andronikos Kyprios (formerly Descent), Adler, John I Tzimisces, enoch.
    Historical Battles (tk-421): Long dormant portion of the mod, recently reactivated. Historical advisors are cunctator, Angadil, and anyone else with knowledge about the battles. Formerly led by Wishazu (inactive).
    Custom Battles (Vacant): Will control the edu file for this task. Formerly led by Epistolary Richard (inactive)
    EB Unofficial Late Period Project (Epistolary Richard): Work carried out in the Public EB forum (has its own thread).
    EB Movies (Foot): Design, create, & edit movies which show off the fantastic models, skins and animations that EB has produced. Working toward a full blown trailer for 1.0 release of EB, which can also be used for the intro of the final product and for advertising in various gaming publications (both paper and online). Creation of faction specific shorts which can be used for campaign introductions.
    Sounds (vacant):
    Music (BdIV and gk6): Morgan and Nick have created the completely new music score for the EB mod. It is way beyond "kick-ass". (Task is complete)
    Concept Art (Teleklos Archelaou): Develops art for use in EB promotional activities, the EB Web Site, and Load Screens. Artists are Discoskull and Mangalore.
    Voices (Shigawire): Creating the faction voicemods. Actively working on Latin, Sweboz, Greek, and Gallic voicemods. Assisted by Keravnos and Sedlacekj (Voices of the Greeks).
    Last edited by Teleklos Archelaou; 12-16-2006 at 01:29.

Member thankful for this post:

Post Re: EB - New Workgroups and Members list

I..Am..Stunned
    EB has once again made somebody proud to be an Orgher.
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 05-08-2007 at 07:14. Reason: Unstickied

Default Re: EB - New Workgroups and Members list

Quote Originally Posted by MSB View Post
    I..Am..Stunned
    EB has once again made somebody proud to be an Orgher.
    As above. Hear Hear! *Shouts through to the Tavern* Barman, get these fine Gentlemen a round of our finest ales!

Quote Originally Posted by Che Roriniho View Post
    As above. Hear Hear! *Shouts through to the Tavern* Barman, get these fine Gentlemen a round of our finest ales!
    Wow a 2 year bump?

Quote Originally Posted by Rilder View Post
    Wow a 2 year bump?
    Bugger me, so it is! How the hell did I find it then?

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

More like thread necromancy... Che, sure you're not looking for the tavern?
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaster Horus View Post
    More like thread necromancy... Che, sure you're not looking for the tavern?
    positive. I just somehow found it, and replied to it. Didn't notice the date at all... Where the hell could I have found it? I usually onlypost on new topics. My apologies.

We should build a shrine and offer gold for these gentleman. Beacause there was darkness (RTW) and they created light (EB), even if this is a two years old post. What, sorry I didnt see the date. Che its all your fault.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Reno Melitensis; 08-03-2008 at 21:22.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post
    We should build a shrine and offer gold for these gentleman. Beacause there was darkness (RTW) and they created light (EB), even if this is a two years old post. What, sorry I didnt see the date. Che its all your fault.

Cheers.

this is quite complicated and centralized-speaks for itself in the end. no wonder they are thurough.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Question Re: EB - New Workgroups and Members list

whoa...

You know this list is now nothing but a historical artefact itself? So much has changed since then...
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios View Post
    You know this list is now nothing but a historical artefact itself? So much has changed since then...
    *prints off and attempts to sell thread to British Museum. Fails*

Still, the fact remains that EB is not orhganized like most mods, but like an actual games studio. HAts off to you gentlemen *doffs cap* *Realises is not wearing cap* OH SHIT! MY HEAD!

HopeLess From Humanity a World Member Empire*Of*Media's Avatar

a great thanks to the moderators to this game !