Thread: i need 1.5 extracted patch

Default i need 1.5 extracted patch

as topic says, i need 1.5 extracted patch, which is a zip, you only extrac it over your rtw folder and automatically get updated

i need it because once i installed BI, i couldnt update a new installation of the game i did to play other mods...

well, thanks in advance

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Default Re: i need 1.5 extracted patch

Did you tried 1.6?

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Enforcer of Exonyms Member Barbarossa82's Avatar
    Englaland (and don't let the Normans tell you any different!)

Why don't you temporarily rename and swap the folders of your old and new installations, run the 1.5 patch and then swap them back?
    Self-proclaimed winner of the "Member who Looks Most Like their Avatar" contest 2007

My Armenian AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa82
    Why don't you temporarily rename and swap the folders of your old and new installations, run the 1.5 patch and then swap them back?

the problem is with the registry, it checks 1.5 is installed and doesnt let me apply 1.5 to another copy i have with 1.2

i want to play EB mod, so i just need 1.5 right? if i install EB over a rtw+bi1.6 wont it crash?

Enforcer of Exonyms Member Barbarossa82's Avatar
    Englaland (and don't let the Normans tell you any different!)

Ah, good point, didn't realise it messed with the registry.
    If you have BI and patch it to 1.6, then that will patch RTW to 1.5. There shouldn't be a problem with installing EB over that - BI files are sequestered within their own BI\data\ directory so it shouldn't cause any trouble. I have RTW gold with BI included and EB installed fine (till my graphics card blew up with the effort of rendering the campaign map, but that's a different issue!)
    Self-proclaimed winner of the "Member who Looks Most Like their Avatar" contest 2007

My Armenian AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa82
    Ah, good point, didn't realise it messed with the registry.
    If you have BI and patch it to 1.6, then that will patch RTW to 1.5. There shouldn't be a problem with installing EB over that - BI files are sequestered within their own BI\data\ directory so it shouldn't cause any trouble. I have RTW gold with BI included and EB installed fine (till my graphics card blew up with the effort of rendering the campaign map, but that's a different issue!)
    ok ill try and tell you if works, thank you

well it worked, i installed it over a 1.6 rtw:BI and did a direct access of BI icon, adding this: -show_err -mod:eb

now it works, but i cant play quick/custom/historical battles, any idea how can i fix it?

thanks

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

It doesnt gives you a message?It can be a EB error.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love