Thread: i'm making a trait editor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default i'm making a trait editor

Like the topic says, i started making a trait editor, and could use a little feedback as it's my first serious (although small) project outside of the classroom :)

Working in C# in VS2005. Here's how it looks so far, ignore my windows theme, the editor will use your standard windows theme colours.

Functionalities as of right now: load a export_descr_character_traits.txt file, whatever the name, it must match the commented out header of the original file though. It loads all traits in the left box, select a trait from the left and it loads all the info for the trait. Choose the traitlevel you want to change and edit in the 2nd panel (not enough screen real estate to fit it on 1 panel)

I'm finishing the code to remember your changes when you select another trait. Next up is saving the file again :)

I will need to alter my code to load the triggers (ca has triggers with the same name but different code, which is giving me a hard time reusing my existing code for the traits)

Last step would be to link this file with the one with the descriptions of the traits.

i'm not planning to incorporate checks so you can't assign merchants traits to family members and the like

Is this useful at all? Any suggestions or functionalities i missed out on (as far as you can tell from the screenies)?

*Update 10/12* Latest version (Define new traits) : TraitEditor
    Last edited by Brighdaasa; 12-10-2006 at 22:26.