Thread: Definetive 2 Handed bug fix ?

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Question Definetive 2 Handed bug fix ?

Hi All !

Can someone please point me to a thread or link which has a mod fixing only the 2 handed bug ?

Many thanks in advance !
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Default Re: Definetive 2 Handed bug fix ?

Thanks !

WOW. Now they beat almost everything. Pheeeew.... so much to fix in this game.

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Yes, it seems the 2handed axe units were overpowered in the demo, so CA tried to nerf them, effectively breaking them in the release (and patch) versions.
    Last edited by Slaists; 12-20-2006 at 20:21.

I'm going to revert back to the patch.

I'll just stick with not using them, because no fix is complete without completely rebalancing the game (something I'm not prepared to invest time on at the moment).

They're definitely overpowered, but for CA to nerf the animation, instead of adjusting the actual stats seems rather lazy on their part.

In order to properly use this \animation folder, it will probably require some adjusting/testing of the stats for the 2H axe equipped units affected by the animation changes. I'll see what I can do over both Holidays.

In the meantime, is there any way to force the custom battles weather to be what I want it to be rather than random?
    Last edited by Gray_Lensman; 12-20-2006 at 20:26.

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Lensman
    They're definitely overpowered, but for CA to nerf the animation, instead of adjusting the actual stats seems rather lazy on their part.

In order to properly use this \animation folder, it will probably require some adjusting/testing of the stats for the 2H axe equipped units affected by the animation changes. I'll see what I can do over the Christmas Holidays.

In the meantime, is there any way to force the custom battles weather to be what I want it to be rather than random?
    there is a discussion on twcenter about zhiang's fix. someone looked into the stats CA had used in the demo and for many units they are quite different from what we see in the release. One suggestion expressed there was that, in the release, CA had tried to compensate for the broken animations by raising the attack of 2H axe units. Obviously, not a sufficient solution.
    Last edited by Slaists; 12-20-2006 at 23:05.

Yeah the weather option is only enabled for those maps which do NOT have an x type thing next to their name. Choose one of those maps and you can choose the weather.

I've read that discussion, almost all of it during the course of this evening, to catch up. From what I can see is that the stats need to be changed (even before reading it actually), and then all the units have to be tested.

It can be pretty simple, if you find a magic stat which instantly makes one unit perfect, then you can carry forward to other units. As I've tried this myself before with MTW, it's not always that easy because you have to make sure that each unit whose stats are changed are changed respective to all other units. Now the system is more complex, but it's easily do-able for someone willing to invest a few days.

It's a good thing that people are working on it though.

I'm annoyed that such a great deal depends on the community i.e the customers.

I was annoyed with the bugs in RTW, but since then, after researching the files and getting more acquainted with MTW2, I have come to the realization that CA has actually accomplished an enormous achievement. I just hope they have a large enough staff to be able to act/squash all the bugs that the TW community is finding for them.