Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mod folder installer

Default Re: Mod folder installer

Quote Originally Posted by Chapien View Post
    I doubt that is the problem, as this is the message that pops up...

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /files/files/M2TW/tools/M2TW_mod_folder_1.2.1.rar on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    You're right, I got it, too.
    Then try this one: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...do=file&id=992, and good luck.

Thanks! It worked!

Home country:

Country I live in:

Countries I have visited:

You're welcome.

I downloaded your installer and tried to create a mod, but for some reason it won't let MTW2 open at all via the mod launcher or the batch file, even when I have made no changes whatsoever into the mod other than the name. When I use the provided shortcut it just pops up a tiny window with an ! and the letters "CA_LIBS" at the top. Running the batch file results int the same message except that it tells me that MTW2 has "suffered a fatal error and will now exit." I'm not sure what the problem is and it is certainly beyond my level of experience, so I was hoping that you can help.

I discovered the solution to Gilgamesh's problem posted earlier in the thread.

The 'read only' flag is set at the folder level (the data folder), preventing the editing of any files within, even if the file itself has no 'read only' flag.

simply remove the read only flag on the folder properties and your away. hope thishelps someone.

Do people actually download through limewire software for graphics such as 3d max or even autocad?
    i know it would be illegal, but do people actually do this? i mean is too risky to get dangerous viruses or is it almost common to easily download this programs? please answer those who have had experience with this, thanks.

hey alpaca, i like your mod, but for some reason my mods only work in the test run. when i copy the
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    export_descr_unit
    file into the regular data folder, my game acts as if there have been no modifications. kinda frustrating. got any ideas?

can anyone please send me the working download links of mymod 1.2.1? really appreciated!!!

Hello,

I it is my first mod... So I've ran in to some problems with starting the mod.
    I've installed it, no problems with it and I've added new regions(Other mod tutorial) to the original campaign map (in mod off course) and now the mod won't start.
    It says: Medieval II suffered a fatal error and will now exit.

I have the error log, what it says at the moment the game crashes:
    15:27:22.679 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    15:27:22.681 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    15:27:23.620 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    15:27:23.710 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/normans.tga is missing
    15:27:23.710 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/normans.tga is missing
    15:27:23.711 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/saxons.tga is missing
    15:27:23.711 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/saxons.tga is missing
    15:27:23.713 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/slave.tga is missing
    15:27:23.713 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/slave.tga is missing
    15:27:23.718 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    15:27:23.722 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    15:27:24.284 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    15:27:24.285 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    15:27:24.286 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    15:27:24.287 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    15:27:24.287 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    15:27:24.288 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    15:27:24.288 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    15:27:24.289 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    15:27:24.290 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    15:27:24.290 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    15:27:24.291 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing

I would be glad if someo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123