Thread: Any tools to edit export_buildings.txt.strings.bin?

Default Any tools to edit export_buildings.txt.strings.bin?

So I took a look at export_buildings.txt.strings.bin and I can't make heads or tails of it. There's a space between every letter and it's all cluttered, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. All I want to do is copy and paste Russian/Byzantine religious building descriptions into the descreptions for Denmark, Portugal, Poland, and Hungary which I've edited to make them Orthodox, mostly for reasons of experimentation. Any help would be much appreciated.

Default Re: Any tools to edit export_buildings.txt.strings.bin?

Never mind, I figured it out.

The export_buildings.txt.strings.bin file is not the correct for this type of work/modifying.

This file is like the map.rwm in \data\world\maps\base and its only a "review" of export_buildings.txt file, used by the system for increasing game's loading speed/performance. (The same happens with the map.rwm).

So, if you need to make changes/modifications for religious building descriptions, you must edit the export_buildings.txt file in data\text.

Then, delete the export_buildings.txt.strings.bin

(This because if you want to confirm your changes/modifications on .txt files in data\text folder, you must delete all the .txt.strings.bin files.
    Then, run the game and the system will re-generate automatically new .txt.strings.bin files, based on your changed/modified .txt files and you will see your changes/modifications in your game!)
    Macedon or Macedonia (from Greek Μακεδονία) was the name of the ancient Greek kingdom in the northern-most part of ancient Greece. For a brief period it became the most powerful state in the ancient Near East after Alexander the Great conquered most of the known world, inaugurating the Hellenistic period of Greek history...

But there is no such file there, only the txt.strings one...