Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: take away transoxiana+volga bulgaria and add burgundy+genoa

Default Re: take away transoxiana+volga bulgaria and add burgundy+genoa

Let's be patient. Mods take time and there is an enormous amount of work involved, from the initial ideas, research, compilation of data, modelling and much more. As things begin to take shape there will be more information, at present the factions and map have been posted and I am sure there will be more to come

.....Orda

Mediaeval Auctoriso Member Member Renown's Avatar

I wonder, Afrisco, and Mayhem, are you the same person? Because you sound damn similar.

In the name of the chalice Member mayhem87's Avatar

LoL, no, Im not Afrisco... :))).... I am normal ordinary MTR fan who sometimes share the same wishes with the others.

MTR: AOA project ###### (temp) Member kataphraktoi's Avatar

I know people have posted questions, if I don't respond its not because I don't want to, but because I have other things to do as well. Please accept my apologies if my eye does not catch the questions you put forward. I would like to provide all the answers if I can but usually when I happen upon it by chance. I usually post some info at TWC forums.

I'm hoping to have a screenie of our new map (YES, i MEAN A CAMPAIGN MAP FROM THE MODDED MTW2~~~~~!!!!!!!!)
    Retired from games altogether!!

Feudalism TOtal War, non-active member and supporter. Long Live Orthodox Christianity!

Smile Re: take away transoxiana+volga bulgaria and add burgundy+genoa

I was about to post my support for the idea of taking away transoxania and volga bulgaria, and adding Burgundy and Genoa, when I saw it said that the list has been definitively decided, and that there is no chance of it being changed. I'm new here, so I'd be interested to know if this is really certain. When was the list decided? Also I've heard the mod won't be out for months yet. Can the faction list really be set in stone already? Please don't stomp on me for asking though; I'm just curious...

High! I think what has happened here is perhaps an overestimation of the current TW engine. TW is not big on the subtlties of state-running, perhaps a major oversight on an increasingly more historicly informed core fanbase, but hey, those are the facts. Thus the model of Feudalism, cannot be truly re-created, thus, small Dukedoms and Republics are not accepted as part of a greater Feudal being, perhaps with too much ambition, but outright rivals, thus the idea od the HRE empire i laughable, especially without rebellions, the same can be said for the French nobles in Aquatain and Anjou. Thus the inclusion of these states would be detrimental to their proposed purpose, re-creation of the Feudal state. Therfore it is logical to leave most of them out and simply have larger more nationalised factions in Europe. I agree that this does make the MOD seem rather anti Eurpean, and simply wanting to include an Balkan or Muslim faction possible, for no reason at all. It is probably just smart balancing on the teams part. And yes there most definatley needs to be more powersharing in the east and more variety.

However the Feudal system can be reconciled to some degree for all you Euro fans, if the team uses something akin to EB's government and recruitment model.

But please, just take time to consider the reality of the TW engine.

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

I do feel there are too few eastern factions, but on another note why cant we just not have anymore Mongol types of factions. They do enough damage, what about a viking faction that emerges into Europe by sea and threatens coastlines all over Europe and the Mediterranean? If anything, in the East add more Sultanate style factions, less Khanate style (two is enough). Perhaps we could add the crusader states, like the the Kingdom of Jerusalem or the Principality of Antioch. Granted they were short lived, but they were very important bits of history and adding them would be better than adding more Khanate style factions. Instead of expanding the map eastward, why not westward? This game already builds up to the discovery of the new world. Adding more tracts of land to fight over in the new world would be more relevant to this game's context. Forget about all these eastern strongman factions. They are only in the game to begin with because of their relative importance to the development of of Europe, which is after all the entire basis of this game! So yes include Sultanates and Khanates of the east but don't forget they are only important to the degree that they influenced western factions historically. People aren't playing this game in Iran and Uzbekistan and that in part has something to do with the fact with the fact this game is about Medieval Europe not Persia or Transcaucasia. if any of these obscure factions are to be in the game, ask what their importance is, relative to the Europeans. So I say that people should be arguing about the best way to go west.
    "The beatings will continue until morale improves..."

Megas Domestikos Member AnthoniusII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bleda
    I do feel there are too few eastern factions, but on another note why cant we just not have anymore Mongol types of factions. They do enough damage, what about a viking faction that emerges into Europe by sea and threatens coastlines all over Europe and the Mediterranean? If anything, in the East add more Sultanate style factions, less Khanate style (two is enough). Perhaps we could add the crusader states, like the the Kingdom of Jerusalem or the Principality of Antioch. Granted they were short lived, but they were very important bits of history and adding them would be better than adding more Khanate style factions. Instead of expanding the map eastward, why not westward? This game already builds up to the discovery of the new world. Adding more tracts of land to fight over in the new world would be more relevant to this game's context. Forget about all these eastern strongman factions. They are only in the game to begin with because of their relative importance to the development of of Europe, which is after all the entire basis of this game! So yes include Sultanates and Khanates of the east but don't forget they are only important to the degree that they influenced western factions historically. People aren't playing this game in Iran and Uzbekistan and that in part has something to do with the fact with the fact this game is about Medieval Europe not Persia or Transcaucasia. if any of these obscure factions are to be in the game, ask what their importance is, relative to the Europeans. So I say that people should be arguing about the best way to go west.
    I agree whith you as i allready said in another topic khwresmid empire (transoxiana) was a super power of the time the mod begins,famous for it's heavy cavalry and militia garisons that kept the silk road open...
    It would be wise for realism sake to remove "iran's"provinces from the turks and add to khwresmid empire(transoxiana?)...

Are you kidding me? In the Battle of Samara Bend the Volga Bulgars defeated the Mongols and that battle is the first major battle that the mongols lost.
    The Volga Bulgars were very skilled warriors and tacticians. Just like the Danubian Bulgarians.

what a battle field, nice

You have heard the MTR team: no changes. I also think that some complaints are justified in here, but it's their mod, which has to be respected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123