Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 3213

Thread: The "What are you playing?" topic.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: The "What are you playing?" topic.

New Mario for the Wii-U is amazing, best 2D platformer since, well I dunno. It's stunning to look at and you do things without really thinking about what you are doing, amazing flow. It's pretty damn hard but an absolute joy. Good to be back. Well done Nintendo this is why I love you.

Edit, yep the jury is out, this is my game of the year, several ones. New Super Mario Wii-u is kinda perfection, it's huge, controls brilliantly, and the level-design and art never lets down. Getting Super Luigi Wii-u as well is a nobrainer.

10/10

Nintendo is like Valve in many ways, or the other way around, the obsesive perfectionism is obvious. That's why we love them. (Sorry@Naughty Dog, tthe Uncharted games are fantastic, so is The Last of Us)
    Last edited by Fragony; 11-08-2013 at 10:36.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

I picked up the Deus Ex: HR Directors cut, playing through it now. I heard that they redid all of the boss battles so Im intrigued to see how they changed.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Even more and more and more Mario Bros for the Wii-u, it just keeps giving. Don't tell it to lynchmobs but this is the best Mario ever. It looks fantastic with it's beautifull animations, sometimes four or even five 2d backgrounds are moving at once, movement is incredibly precise, and it's packed with content you don't immediatly notice. Awesome.

Legend of Zelda HD, WOW. This is simply incredible. Really loving that Wii-u, can I have a new Metroid please Nintendo, Metroid Prime sucked. And I simply NEED a new waverace. PS4, your on hold

Edit: ouch! No I meant Metroid Prime 3 sucked, the first two are fantastic
    Last edited by Fragony; 11-18-2013 at 02:08.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Legend of Zelda HD, WOW. This is simply incredible. Really loving that Wii-u, can I have a new Metroid please Nintendo, Metroid Prime sucked. And I simply NEED a new waverace. PS4, your on hold
    LE GASP.

Wind Waker HD is great, yes.

But Metroid Prime was also great, one of the best games on the GameCube. The reason they haven't made a new Metroid game yet is because Other M couldn't top the Prime series and they don't know what can. If anything could use some HD love, it is the Prime series, but they've already done the Wii remake collection so it's unlikely.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

In the third dungeon, this sure is the prettiest game I ever played. The graphics are incredible but the artwork is incredible as well, all these nice little touches makes everything sing, it's just perfect. In the forbidden fortress you have this haze of sea-air, in the fire-dungeon you can see the heat warping your vision. Incredible attention to detail allover.

Zombi-u, really really good game, real survival horror. Which means you don't survive. Infested London is a great place to explore. Love the greenish filter, the awesome lighting, and terrifying sound effects. Pure terror. That little beauty certainly has the power to do amazing graphics and sound.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bought the "Europa Universalis IV" after I had played the demo for less than hour. Love it so far!

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Dark Souls a yellow one that makes sure you know the place hates you.
    I'm still playing it, three months later
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    I'm still playing it, three months later
    Good! I don't know how much hours I put into it but it's one of my favourite games of this gen. Apart from some choppy framerates in some area's and some very cheap deaths (hard but fair my you can just hear the roaring laughter of the developers all the way from Japan) it's awesome.

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Good! I don't know how much hours I put into it but it's one of my favourite games of this gen. Apart from some choppy framerates in some area's and some very cheap deaths (hard but fair my you can just hear the roaring laughter of the developers all the way from Japan) it's awesome.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYbOVTQnbAA
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    Heh, the funny part is that you can cheat on the game as well. My favorite has to be tricking the first real boss (Taurus Demon) into killing itself.

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

In between a very busy work schedule, I've been playing Dishonored GOTY, which I picked up on Amazon for around £13.

I really like how there's so many different approaches with all the powers and equipment you unlock; I just completed my first playthrough as a bloodthirsty so-and-so, blinking around and turning guys into ash on death.

It's a bargain and I can't believe it took me so long to pick this one up. Heck, I'm not really sure which games I was playing in late 2012, but this really should have been on the list. Definitely recommended to anyone late on the bus like me! :3
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Dishonored is excellent. I always go for non-lethal because it's coolest if they never knew you where there. Dishonored catered the rabid Thief fanboy that I am in spades.

Currently in love with Resident Evil:Revelations. It's really fun, better than Resident Evil 4 and anything that came afterwards. The graphics are pretty bad at times, especially in cutscenes it looks like a ps2 game, but sometimes it's also pretty goodlooking. The atmosphere is great and I don't care about graphics all that much anyway.

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Outlast flash sale, 4 hours left from the point of this posting timestamp for $6.79. Even if it is extremely short, at this price and given the level of buzz I heard about it, I'm in. Scare me. ;)

LOL
    WOT
    Call of Duty
    all on PC

I'd play COD if it was given to me free and the box it came in had a $50 dollar bill attached to it.

Awwwww the multiplayer is awesome, and runs at a flawless 60fps.

Haha, I moved on from mindless DM style gaming as soon as CTF caught on in Quake. What was that now, 20 years ago... I've not looked back.

Compare COD MP w/ even a 15 year old well made objective based MP game like Return to Castle Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory, or even compare it to TF2 (or gasp, even BF4).

The difference is so dramatic it's hard for those familiar with MP not to draw derogatory conclusions about who plays COD.

Ok, back on topic, I'll stop dogging COD, no challenge there anyway.

Playing Outlast, only 30 minutes in and I'm already freaked out.

I've gotten hung up again playing FX2 pinball. I mean sheesh, when you offer me tables for like a dollar every time there's a sale I just can't stop myself.

Playing CIG naturally, I tried starting as the Suebi like 3 times and got slaughtered, every tribe around me came after me and I could not grab provinces in such a way that I could establish a front, it went badly, over and over. So I switched to the one that starts at the top of the map, and that campaign is going quite well.

And finally, I picked up Out of the Park Baseball 14. After 20 hours I can safely say I've no idea what I'm doing, clearly this excel spreadsheet masquerading as a game concept is so far beyond my depth of knowledge on baseball I'm forever out of my league (pun intended).

Carry on and happy holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by easytarget View Post
    Haha, I moved on from mindless DM style gaming as soon as CTF caught on in Quake. What was that now, 20 years ago... I've not looked back.

Compare COD MP w/ even a 15 year old well made objective based MP game like Return to Castle Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory, or even compare it to TF2 (or gasp, even BF4).

The difference is so dramatic it's hard for those familiar with MP not to draw derogatory conclusions about who plays COD.
    I was in the top 10 players with Rogue Spear pistols-only on world-ladders, even ranked #2 for a (short) while, our clan beat teams who were actually sponsored, so I am not all that new to multiplayer. Granted, most players moved on to Rainbow Six 3 by then but that game never clicked with me.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wish Nintendo got their act together with the eShop thing, it is a major disappointment. Many people with Wii-U's, Wii's, 3ds, etc all completely left out in the dark.

"But it is Xmas! People are flooding our servers even though people regularly come on our servers when they simply switch their consoles on!"
    or the even more ill-fated "Just wait for the traffic to die down"

People are constantly trying to get on, and since it isn't working, they are not getting what they need, therefore, the traffic cannot 'die down' unless people throw their consoles out of the window in frustration.

Edit: After 72 hours, Nintendo finally got their act together!
    Last edited by Beskar; 12-27-2013 at 15:17.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Just a part of their master plan, the goal being to see how quickly they can go out of business. A master stroke in the pursuit of that plan landed earlier this year when they decided to not even try and compete in the next gen console battle. Yhatzee's take on it summarized it rather nicely: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...n-Buyers-Guide.

Wii-U is great, but there are some huge annoyances. The menu is slow, and there seems to be no way to shut off mii-verse integration. That is especially annoying in Super Mario Bros, each time you run out of life you have to go through multiple screens asking you the same questions, since the menu is so slow that is infuriating.

I just picked up Spelunky on a flash sale, based solely on the articles written about it on Polygon. Had to check out what all the hoopla is even despite the fact that I'm pretty sure I don't like this game. At 3 bucks I had to see why what looks like nothing special has practically become part of the gaming culture.

I mean just take a look at all of this coverage: http://www.polygon.com/game/spelunky/2260

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Wii-U is great, but there are some huge annoyances. The menu is slow, and there seems to be no way to shut off mii-verse integration. That is especially annoying in Super Mario Bros, each time you run out of life you have to go through multiple screens asking you the same questions, since the menu is so slow that is infuriating.
    Can't you turn it off under Parental Controls? I haven't tried because it doesn't really bother me....
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou View Post
    Can't you turn it off under Parental Controls? I haven't tried because it doesn't really bother me....
    Tried that but it didn't work. It wouldn't be so annoying if the menu wasn't so painfully slow. Have you noticed that the menu seems to need more processing power than the games? The thing is completily silent (which I absolutily adore about it) when running a game, but in the menu you start hearing it.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Started playing The Last of Us and I'm liking it so far only a few hours in, but it's pretty good. I've also played a few missions in GTA V seems alright so far. Also, Prototype because I like jumping around on buildings and gliding around. I'm enjoying it a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Started playing The Last of Us and I'm liking it so far only a few hours in, but it's pretty good. I've also played a few missions in GTA V seems alright so far. Also, Prototype because I like jumping around on buildings and gliding around. I'm enjoying it a lot.
    @Csargo , have you played Infamous? It's been out forever, so you should be able to get it dirt cheap. And it's a fantastic open-world superhero (or villian) game.

----

I just finished ZombiU on the WiiU yesterday. It's an awesome game, but the difficulty near the end just got kind of sadistic. Especially the final mission where if die... the game just ends. Which I did.

Very cool game- and it came in just under 20hrs for my first playthru. Pretty decent for the low price I paid for it. The mechanic where when your survivor dies, they're gone for good (to be replaced by another poor schlub) really works to ratchet up the tension. I remember at one point, I was playing a survivor named Ann, who was a credit auditor or some such... I had played her for almost a quarter of my entire gameplay time, killing over 120 infected and leveling up many different weapons skills. She was slogging thru a sewer under the Tower of London and an infected with a mask and gas canister on its back came at me. Instinctively I swung my cricket bat, hitting the tank and.... *KABOOM*, she was dead and I was speechless. At least she didn't have the suffer the indignity of returning as a zombie, like the other survivors who died, since it was the explosion killer her.

Keeping with the zombie theme, I'm going to play State of Decay next, which I picked up on sale on Steam.
    Last edited by Xiahou; 12-29-2013 at 08:02. Reason: derp
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

[QUOTE=Xiahou;2053569223]
    Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Started playing The Last of Us and I'm liking it so far only a few hours in, but it's pretty good. I've also played a few missions in GTA V seems alright so far. Also, Prototype because I like jumping around on buildings and gliding around. I'm enjoying it a lot.[/QUOTE @Csargo , have you played Infamous? It's been out forever, so you should be able to get it dirt cheap. And it's a fantastic open-world superhero (or villian) game.
    I've played it at some store a long time ago, but forgot about it. I'll have to pick it up at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast