Page 102 of 108 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 3213

Thread: The "What are you playing?" topic.

strategy gamer Member Enemy Shooting Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Eggs Champion, Kaboom Champion, Money Money Money Champion, Rapid Motion Champion, Super Fishing Champion komnenos's Avatar

Default Re: The "What are you playing?" topic.

I have doubt about buying Chivalry Medieval Warfare. I want to choose between War of the Roses and this game. Which one is better and worth to play?
    He who has bread has many problems;

He who has no bread has only one problem.

Byzantine Proverb

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou View Post
    @Csargo , have you played Infamous? It's been out forever, so you should be able to get it dirt cheap. And it's a fantastic open-world superhero (or villian) game.

----

I just finished ZombiU on the WiiU yesterday. It's an awesome game, but the difficulty near the end just got kind of sadistic. Especially the final mission where if die... the game just ends. Which I did.

Very cool game- and it came in just under 20hrs for my first playthru. Pretty decent for the low price I paid for it. The mechanic where when your survivor dies, they're gone for good (to be replaced by another poor schlub) really works to ratchet up the tension. I remember at one point, I was playing a survivor named Ann, who was a credit auditor or some such... I had played her for almost a quarter of my entire gameplay time, killing over 120 infected and leveling up many different weapons skills. She was slogging thru a sewer under the Tower of London and an infected with a mask and gas canister on its back came at me. Instinctively I swung my cricket bat, hitting the tank and.... *KABOOM*, she was dead and I was speechless. At least she didn't have the suffer the indignity of returning as a zombie, like the other survivors who died, since it was the explosion killer her.

Keeping with the zombie theme, I'm going to play State of Decay next, which I picked up on sale on Steam.
    ZombiU is awesome, the bad reviews it got are way off, they simply don't understand it's a survival horror game, not a shooter. The odds are always against you and you die a lot. I love that greenish filter that screams DISEASED, and the lighting effects are incredible.

Resident Evil: Revelations is also cheap by now by the way, if you need a new horror fix get it, it's awesome. It isn't really scary, but a whole lot of fun.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Wii-U is great, but there are some huge annoyances. The menu is slow, and there seems to be no way to shut off mii-verse integration. That is especially annoying in Super Mario Bros, each time you run out of life you have to go through multiple screens asking you the same questions, since the menu is so slow that is infuriating.
    The Miiverse integration has its own settings for each game that you play. At least for New Super Mario Bros. U and Super Mario 3D World, you can shut it off completely in the settings for those games. I've done it myself. Also if you really can't stand it, you can just disconnect the internet.

Can't do anything about the loading time on the menu screen though, that's the one true downfall of the console, besides lack of games.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    The Miiverse integration has its own settings for each game that you play. At least for New Super Mario Bros. U and Super Mario 3D World, you can shut it off completely in the settings for those games. I've done it myself. Also if you really can't stand it, you can just disconnect the internet.

Can't do anything about the loading time on the menu screen though, that's the one true downfall of the console, besides lack of games.
    Lack of games for now, but the new gen has a much more severe lack of games, while that old black boss PS3 has them in spades. The Wii-U is a very nice addition, it has some very good games and can play everything the Wii had. No games? An absolute wealth of games.

How did you turn that pesky wii-verse integration off? Even the guys at the nintendo helpline didn't know. Shutting it of in parental controls didn't work, even shutting down wifi didn't.

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

If you are into driving games this one is coming out on multiple platforms (even the WiU) and could well turn out to be the ultimate driving game:

http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stor...te-racing-game

http://kotaku.com/ridiculously-gorge...gor-1492116063

Member thankful for this post:

That's actually just the Kotaku writer joking about how good it looks. If you're interested in driving games actually click on the first link and scroll down to the three or four in game videos showing actual racing.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Wargame: Airland Battle

I havent played too much, only an hour so far, but so far Im enjoying it. I like the tactical aspect and I am eager to get into the bread and butter of the game, but I just wish it ran smoother on my computer. Which is strange because I can run almost any game on high and Im struggling to get it on medium with this game.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Deus Ex:human revolution, it looks a LOT better on the Wii-U than it did on the PS3, animations are still kinda off but it looks really sharp. It isn't as good as previous Deus Ex games (yeah that includes Invisible War, I actually like that game, such a bleak setting) but it's still better than most games. The Wii-u controller is a perfect match for the interface.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Lack of games for now, but the new gen has a much more severe lack of games, while that old black boss PS3 has them in spades. The Wii-U is a very nice addition, it has some very good games and can play everything the Wii had. No games? An absolute wealth of games.

How did you turn that pesky wii-verse integration off? Even the guys at the nintendo helpline didn't know. Shutting it of in parental controls didn't work, even shutting down wifi didn't.
    Here's how you do it for Super Mario 3D World:

1. Open up the game, select your file, start the game and everything
    2. Pause the game.
    3. Click the orange 'n' (Nintendo Network symbol)
    4. Set the Miiverse and/or Ghost Miis to off.

Pretty sure it's something similar for other games.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Yay, finished ZombiU on normal. Chicken-mode was allready hard. The game is not perfect, it's very annoying that you can't reverse your y-axis when scanning, as you are scanning a lot. Touchscreen is also uncomfortabe, it's just too big for certain actions. But despite these annoyances it's still great. A survival horror game that is actually scary and actually about survival, wut? Great atmosphere, great graphics (best lighting effects I have ever seen), punishing difficulty. An underapreciated little gem, if you got a WiiU, get it.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was invited to the Elder Scrolls Online stresstest, if you feel like hooking up for a mess around during it, let me know.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Currently playing Assassin's Creed: Black Flag.

I find myself disengaged from Edward for most of the game, he's a nice character but just doesn't capture me in the same way that Ezio did, though I do think the plot is stronger than Assassin's Creed III. I find myself preferring to sail the seas wreaking havoc on the Spanish and trying my luck against sharks rather than follow the storyline.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

I'm flicking through a few different things at the moment. I always have my Football Manager 14 career going on, currently in my second season at Swansea. I also started up some FIFA 14 after grabbing it for a good price. I found the previous one way too unrealistic but this seems to be an improvement. I am also playing Beyond: Two Souls, a game I've been excited for for quite a long time. The mood of the game is fantastic and I love the gameplay (then again I loved Heavy Rain too, so what do I know?). The addition of real-world actors also greatly enhances every aspect of things.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Poker.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

I grabbed a copy of The Secret World MMO for myself and one for my wife @ $10/each. I've had my eye on it for awhile because of its horror/Lovecraftian-type themes. It doesn't require a subscription- you add content episodically by purchasing "issues". It seemed like a good MMO business model for someone, like me, whose gaming time can be pretty limited.

So far, it plays almost like a single-player game with plenty of voice acting and cutscenes. I'm digging the ambiance so far. I made an Illuminati character who is investigating the goings on in the fictional Maine island town of Kingsmouth. Apparently a black fog came in from the sea and now the town is plagued by the undead.... and worse.

One complaint based on my limited play is that there really doesn't seem to be too much difference between the 3 factions- Illuminati, Templars, or the Dragon. Your starting city, your base and some of your initial dialogs are different- but from their you seem to proceed along the exact same path regardless of your faction- same cutscenes, same quests ect. It could be that things branch out more as you play, but I haven't seen it yet...

Regardless, for $10, I'm getting my money's worth out of it.
    Last edited by Xiahou; 01-20-2014 at 18:19.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

I went back to Skyrim.

The Hearthfire add-on offers great incentive to keep playing, because I'm always in need of money to buy and build stuff. And once I'm done buying or building houses, I'll have to get out again to find things to decorate the places with. So much work. I don't have time to care about saving the world, I'm too busy accumulating wealth.

Almost sounds like the real world.
    Last edited by Andres; 01-21-2014 at 11:22.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    Almost sounds like the real world.
    Or something you might have posted in the Backroom just a while ago.
    This space intentionally left blank

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    Or something you might have posted in the Backroom just a while ago.
    It's all part of the big capitalist conspiracy

I will delete this bourgeois game

After I've finished building and decorating my third castle
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Since finishing Dark Souls I've been messing about with From Dust (a nice little God game) and The Stanley Parable (a satirical/philosophical 'walk-em-up' rumination on the nature of choice in videogames and even life if you take it seriously enough)...

Now I've finally decided to install Assassins Creed 2 which I bought for a couple of bucks on steam a while back...so far it seems just like the first one so it might not last long....
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    Since finishing Dark Souls I've been messing about with From Dust (a nice little God game) and The Stanley Parable (a satirical/philosophical 'walk-em-up' rumination on the nature of choice in videogames and even life if you take it seriously enough)...

Now I've finally decided to install Assassins Creed 2 which I bought for a couple of bucks on steam a while back...so far it seems just like the first one so it might not last long....
    The second one is by far the best in the whole series. The main character, the setting, the plot... all of it is just better than any of the other games. Stick with it!

As for The Stanley Parable... it is just amazing. So deep and philosophical while still being incredibly funny at times.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach View Post
    The second one is by far the best in the whole series. The main character, the setting, the plot... all of it is just better than any of the other games. Stick with it!
    The original AC, after a while, devolved into completing take exact same side missions just so you could progress the story. AC2 felt a bit samey, but the general mechanics were tightened up and the plot/characters were far more likable.

Brotherhood and Revelations are also both excellent. I had a blast with the bombing missions and building up my own Order in Brotherhood, though I seriously WTF'ed when they introduced tower defense in Revelations. The "cinematic" feel to Revelations was also very well done.

AC3 was garbage. Sadly, the only good things about the game were the character interactions with Haytham and the naval battles. The ending was enough to completely turn me off from the entire series. The fact I had to spend the majority of the game as a whiny little :flower: without even a hint of stealth or subtlety in the game mechanics didn't help either.
    Last edited by Kekvit Irae; 01-31-2014 at 00:29.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Gearing up for Dark Souls 2 by replaying Dark Souls... as SL1. Pain, suffering, and hilarity ensues.

EU4 for me. I probably talk and cackle to myself too often while I play.... but dammit I enjoy every second.

Playing hearthstone on and off recently, its quite fun and nice and casual for a card game.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To be fair, they fixed a lot of what has been wrong with Diablo 3 in the expansion. Though they completely destroyed any form of trading which is ridiculous. One extreme to the other.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Dark Souls 2
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

This review of DS2 amused me: http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelt...ame-ever-made/

Funny to find someone saying something interesting about a game(s) in a Forbes article of all places.

Playing Arkham City on the WiiU, it's awesome. YAY I am Batman! It's really moody and well written, and plays really well. Best gadget, the controler. The combat is still dull but it's kinda fun to watch, the action is passive, you hit and you counter and watch Batman do cool stuff. But the setting is awesome, urban nightmare done right.

Most recently, took right at 100 marvelous hours to play Divinity: Original Sin. Liked it so much I've started it again with different classes.

And I can't stop playing Medieval 2, don't ask me why, I think it's just the time period and units of this period really work for a TW game. I've become rather disenchanted though with CA's insistence on "patching" the game to make it so MP continued w/ the end of gamespy because in the process they've broken a number of things, only some of which at this point they've fixed or even acknowledged. Thank god it's still possible to pick this up on Amazon as a retail copy, which is exactly what I did just so I didn't have to put up w/ them continuing to break it or failing to fix it.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Football Manager 2014.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Page 102 of 108 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast