Page 103 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 3213

Thread: The "What are you playing?" topic.

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Default Re: The "What are you playing?" topic.

I assume you have to be into soccer to enjoy this one right?

Hello? Anyone here?

Playing slowly through Divinity Original Sin again with different classes. And I'm playing a campaign in the newest R2, pretty much instantly in a civil war with the other pieces of Rome, as expected. Oh, and playing yet another campaign in MTW2, this time as the French. Married off not one but two princesses to the HRE (wonder if that actually does make that diplomatic bond stronger).

I'm playing Skyrim for the first time. Just started.

Should be some fun, many have enjoyed it, I liked it ok, I think I may be a bit burned out on Bethesda's style of games, starting to all feel the same.

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by easytarget View Post
    Should be some fun, many have enjoyed it, I liked it ok, I think I may be a bit burned out on Bethesda's style of games, starting to all feel the same.
    This

Played about 40 hours of Skyrim then my fickle attention was grabbed by Dark Souls 2 and I never went back.

Now I'm playing Arkham City and like it pretty much the same as Frags. (eg. "Yay I'm Batman!")
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 11-02-2014 at 12:12.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    This

Played about 40 hours of Skyrim then my fickle attention was grabbed by Dark Souls 2 and I never went back.

Now I'm playing Arkham City and like it pretty much the same as Frags. (eg. "Yay I'm Batman!")
    Two times exactly right. Dark Souls is incredibly awesome. Demon's Souls is better imho but that's just a matter of taste, the world shifting really opens up the game. Alas, both REALLY good games.

Batman game is incredible as well, but combat is sooooo dull

Mario Kart 8 is pretty damn amazing. Sorry Sony you made the ps3 so good that it's going to take a while before buying a ps4 makes any sense, or not buying a cheap pc instead which is just as good an idea as a very modest pc will easily outperform the ps4 and xbox1. Enter the WiiU, which has a dizzying amount of great games.

I love Nintendo.
    Last edited by Fragony; 12-16-2014 at 15:43.

Yep. Nintendo really delivered, MarioKart 8 is really good, it's perfect really. Sooooooo pretty.

AcU with 15 frame!!!!
    Battlefield 3 multiplayer

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Saints Row IV

Its interesting, to say the least. Wish it had more immersion, but I guess thats the price I pay for being able to super jump run at supersonic speeds.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

More zombU, such a great game, a shame we will never see a sequal as it's a masterclass in survival horror. So underapreciated in the reviews. And fire the guy who thought the box-art was a good idea please because it screams malware. It isn't, it has some really good mechanics and stunning graphics, best particle effects ever made, and sound to die for so to say. Death is sudden and brutal as it should be. If you play really carefully you can keep your characters alive, but the game loves to assault you. You will die, a lot. Consequence of dying is brilliant, you become a zombie yourselve and your next character gets to loot it.
    Last edited by Fragony; 12-25-2014 at 08:36.

Captian Toad, sheer brilliance. The puzzles aren't going to melt your brain if that is what you are after, get something else. If you like some casual problem solving with really cool graphics you should get this. Like everyrhing Nintendo makes it is supposedly packed with secret area's. Haven't found one yet but the game is really fun.

Ultimate General: Gettysburg. Nice to see Darth of DarthMod put his money where his mouth is and go out and create a game, a rather good one at that. And with it on sale on steam at 50% off how could I resist enlisting in a bit of civil war combativeness for 7 bucks.

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by easytarget View Post
    Ultimate General: Gettysburg. Nice to see Darth of DarthMod put his money where his mouth is and go out and create a game, a rather good one at that. And with it on sale on steam at 50% off how could I resist enlisting in a bit of civil war combativeness for 7 bucks.
    I wholeheartedly agree. Gettysbourg was indeed a rather enjoyable game, in my opinion, a refreshing experience about the games concerning the modern warfare, especially after the disappointing failure of mods, like TGW.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

I got Endless Legend on a Steam sale- fantastic game. My first playthru was as the Broken Lords, who are a race of humanoids who have over time become little more than spirits bound to their magical armor. As such, they have no use for the food resource and use "Dust" to grow their cities and heal their armies.
    It's fascinating how almost every race bends the basic economic rules of the game to fit their characteristics.

My main rival for dominance ended up, appropriately, being the Necrophages- a race of insects intent on extinguishing all other life on the planet. There were some epic back and forth wars- including one particular memorable war when my main army was fighting their forces overseas and they went all Scipio Africanus on me and attacked me on my mainland with a large army. They laid siege to a city and tried several assaults to try to wrest it from me while I frantically scraped together relief forces.

By end game, I won by constructing a wonder, but it's safe to say we were also militarily dominant...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BrokenLords.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	3.30 MB 
ID:	14815

To me, this game seems like what Elemental tried to be, but fell short.
    Last edited by Xiahou; 01-02-2015 at 04:38.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Members thankful for this post (2):

Prison Architect:
    Very addicting, even if its kinda bugged. Thats the risk of buying into an alpha I suppose.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Age of Empires II - HD Edition.

Always and forever, incredibly fun and addictive game!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Captian Toad, sheer brilliance. The puzzles aren't going to melt your brain if that is what you are after, get something else. If you like some casual problem solving with really cool graphics you should get this. Like everyrhing Nintendo makes it is supposedly packed with secret area's. Haven't found one yet but the game is really fun.
    Did I really say the puzzles aren't going to melt your brain. It becomes absolutily vicious after a while. Love this game. It's hilariously sadistic at times but always fun.

Final Fantasy 8 on Steam, mostly cause it's been years since I've played it.

10x10 Senior Member FormerlyACubeNowRetired's Avatar

My two big guilty pleasures lately are Endless Space, a pretty solid 4x space game that was fairly bland on launch but has since gained a lot of character and content via free patches and one relatively cheap expansion; and Dungeon of the Endless which is a little rogue-like I picked up on sale not expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised--this is one of the best little rogue-likes I've played, and if you like games like FTL, or Sword of the Stars: The Pit, or (presumably, though I haven't played it) Don't Starve then you'll probably like Dungeon of the Endless.

I considered getting Endless Legend to round out the collection, but that one looks like it'll require a good block of free time set aside. By most accounts, though, its the best of the three.
    I am not responsible for the stupid way you might take my opinions.

I made it about 75 hours on Skyrim and just said "ok, I'm done for now". I was just running around doing side stuff with no desire to finish the main campaign. I bought FF8 on steam on sale because I hate myself.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiDamascus View Post
    I made it about 75 hours on Skyrim and just said "ok, I'm done for now". I was just running around doing side stuff with no desire to finish the main campaign.
    If you have it on the PC? If so, then mods are your answer for being bored in Skyrim.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Modding isn't only going to slow what the issue was. Being bogged down in sidequests and the 100% completion aspect of lots of it. I'll come back around to it like I did to Fallout, but it was just a burnout issue on it.

yay, DLC added to Mario Kart. By far the most polished game ever and the DLC makes it even better. More in may, can't wait. Oh these graphics and little details, wow

So now I am of the firm opinion that you should not bother with Saints Row IV if you already have Saints Row the Third if its not in the bargain bin. The game just feels like it should have been a DLC or something. Almost everything is just copied and pasted from the previous game, and being able to run at supersonic speeds makes driving and flying pointless. Dont get me wrong, its a fun game to play around with for a couple of hours but otherwise its kinda forgettable.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Currently downloading Medieval 2 on steam, as my cd drive no longer works. Very keen to get back to it, haven't played it in years. Unfortunately downloading at 100kb/s is not very fast.

All Metroid Prime games for 10 euro? You have got to be kidding me. Started with first and it hasn't aged at all, it's just as gorgious as I remember. This is a really sweet deal. Never really liked the third but it's still WAY better than most games. They even polished the graphics a bit to look better on a widescreen tv. Hats up Nintendo.
    Last edited by Fragony; 02-01-2015 at 15:07.

Child of Light, the most beautiful game I have ever seen. Marvel at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5b9ZhuqDVQ

Meh, side scroller by ubishaft, pass. I'd pick Okami or Flower over it artistically speaking, just to throw off a couple that immediately come to mind.

Wouldn't dismiss it so fast, it's beautifull and has a really cool turnbased battle-system.

Page 103 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast