Page 55 of 108 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 3213

Thread: The "What are you playing?" topic.

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re: The "What are you playing?" topic.

Wow, that picture is completely unappealing.

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldil View Post
    Wow, that picture is completely unappealing.
    is it just me or do the germans in that pic look like demons, with lava in the river in front of them? just a little scary if you really look at it.
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

U14 Footballer Member G. Septimus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile Re: The "What are you playing?" topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian Iron View Post
    is it just me or do the germans in that pic look like demons, with lava in the river in front of them? just a little scary if you really look at it.
    I think they were trying to tell, that facing Germans was hell. seeing people dead, was hell, gettin' shootin' at is hell, and if your shootin' someone, your probably gonna end up in hell to
    x2

Big Romani Fan
    Die Manschaaft
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ]

Der Rekordmeister

Star Wars Battlefront II. Just completed Tony Hawk's American Wasteland. Classic games.

pardon my klatchian Member al Roumi's Avatar

er, Empire: Total war! Playing my first Austrian campaign. Barely 1705, have a strong alliance with Poland -which led to the partitioning of Prussia (that's a fantasy indulged) and we've just declared war on the Ottoman empire. Catholic empires FTW, or something.

Maybe it's after the length of the break I've had since ETW came out, but I am truly struck by the lack of niggles and irritations. I can play the game without getting annoyed!

Quote Originally Posted by alh_p View Post
    er, Empire: Total war! Playing my first Austrian campaign. Barely 1705, have a strong alliance with Poland -which led to the partitioning of Prussia (that's a fantasy indulged) and we've just declared war on the Ottoman empire. Catholic empires FTW, or something.

Maybe it's after the length of the break I've had since ETW came out, but I am truly struck by the lack of niggles and irritations. I can play the game without getting annoyed!
    I might get back into it soon.

my republic commando disc is broken, so now i cant play one of my favorite games of all time...

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Holiday season is about to reach its apex and I've improved my library of games by an impressive amount in the last 4 months. Considering writing a "Year in Review" or maybe just a "Season in review" post soon, but if I'm gonna do that I would like to get my hands on MW2. I've heard great things and bland things and bad things about it.. but I am still considering treating myself to a copy once the shopping for all my loved ones is taken care of. Oh wait. This isnt the ramble on about gaming in general thread?

Currently: L4D2, Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect, and oddly enough - Bioshock! Seriously guys. You can shoot bees from your hands. What more did you want?!

Borderlands.. Just hit me that I haven't played much of that since i got L4D2. It's starting to look at me funny, with those sad, mournful eyes. Maybe i'll give it a whirl later.
    Last edited by Monk; 12-03-2009 at 15:01.

U14 Footballer Member G. Septimus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Red face Re: The "What are you playing?" topic.

I might get back into it soon.

my republic commando disc is broken, so now i cant play one of my favorite games of all time...
    You like to play Republic Commando to?????????
    well, that's great, I thought I was the only one playing Star Wars: Republic Commando.
    It's kind of fun to play it...............
    x2

Big Romani Fan
    Die Manschaaft
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ]

Der Rekordmeister

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Septimus Severus View Post
    You like to play Republic Commando to?????????
    well, that's great, I thought I was the only one playing Star Wars: Republic Commando.
    It's kind of fun to play it...............
    that is one of the best games ever!!! the multiplayer was masterfully executed as well, and i dont think anyone whos played can ever forget that one map where its a central plaza, 2 bases within jumping distance from eachother, and 2 neutral towers on the sides, each tower with its own retractable shield in front of it.

i got some truly epic snipes on that map, and i usually cant snipe for ****!
    Last edited by frogbeastegg; 12-03-2009 at 19:02. Reason: swear words need to be fully obscured

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Borderlands.. Just hit me that I haven't played much of that since i got L4D2. It's starting to look at me funny, with those sad, mournful eyes. Maybe i'll give it a whirl later.
    Yeah... that robot dude needs a job so get to playing it (though I don't own it myself )

Going to hopefully play Oblivion by the end of the semester. Been playing chess on my computer (and a not so good record to boot! )
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

I started Zelda: Phantom Hourglass as the new DS Zelda is out next week and all of the adverts had me craving some Zelda action. I'm up to my third visit to the temple of repetitiveness the ocean king, and I have decided that it's a game of two halves.

One half is an amazing, joyful Zelda adventure with well implemented touch screen controls. It's beautiful for a DS game. Everything about it feels spot on, and it's damned near impossible to put down as there's always something else to tempt you onward.

The other is a painful slog through a dungeon with a time limit which stomps all over your instinct to explore and experiment. You're forced to visit it multiple times, and everything always resets. Insufficient short cuts are offered so you end up solving the same puzzles as last time to get the same keys to unlock the same doors before you can finally get on with the new part. The game does not save your progress inside this dungeon so if you quit you end up right back at the beginning and have to do it all over again. It's no coincidence that each time I have quit the game it's been inside this dreary dungeon.

Not sure I'm going to complete this one. As much as I love the rest, the temple of deja vu the ocean king stomps all over my fun until it's dead.

Still working on assassin's creed II. I've slowed down a lot since I reached Venice; I don't find the environment to be as enjoyable to get around in.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Been playing Infamous on the PS3. It's like playing GTA as Thor the god of thunder. Every time I start to think things are slowing down, I unlock a new super power to play with.

I'm also still playing and enjoying SMT: Devil Survivor on the DS.

Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    Not sure I'm going to complete this one. As much as I love the rest, the temple of deja vu the ocean king stomps all over my fun until it's dead.
    Maybe you'll like Spirit Tracks better. I hear they cut down on the repetitiveness- I heard you have to make return trips to a dungeon, but you don't need to retread the same territory/puzzles over and over again.
    Last edited by Xiahou; 12-08-2009 at 08:52.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

I can't manage to motivate myself into turning my DS back on so I can tackle another run through the temple of wasted time the ocean king, so that's me done with Phantom Hourglass. Pity; outside of that dungeon it's a great little game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou View Post
    Maybe you'll like Spirit Tracks better. I hear they cut down on the repetitiveness- I heard you have to make return trips to a dungeon, but you don't need to retread the same territory/puzzles over and over again.
    Almost definitely. Alas, I can't afford it so I was hoping Phantom Hourglass would fill the spot. I'm in the midst of buying a house so I'm not buying non-essentials like games.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

bought Combat Wings: Battle of Britain.
    its quite fun, but also very arcadey. but still, its a fun time waster.

also, i got SoaSE: Entrenchment, as well as the Diplomacy beta.
    Encrenchment is fun, but Diplomacy and its benefits is lost on me. prob because its a beta.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Almost definitely. Alas, I can't afford it so I was hoping Phantom Hourglass would fill the spot. I'm in the midst of buying a house so I'm not buying non-essentials like games.
    i'll buy you one for channukah!

honestly though, i probably would. if i knew your street address, full name, family line, social security number, credit card number, bank account, pin number, and where you keep the deed to your house, than i could probably send it to you

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    also, i got SoaSE: Entrenchment, as well as the Diplomacy beta.
    Encrenchment is fun, but Diplomacy and its benefits is lost on me. prob because its a beta.
    How long have you been playing the beta of Diplomacy?
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Replaying The Darkness, had forgotten how good it is, such good story. The Darkness is a great villain, very sinister and cruel, Jackie can control the powers but not The Darkness, he is it's slave and it's never shy to let you know. Great levels, NY rocks, and that.... place.... such sadness. Oh and the soundtrack, fantastic. Visuals didn't age well though, but that's no biggie

Gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Great levels, NY rocks, and that.... place.... such sadness. Oh and the soundtrack, fantastic. Visuals didn't age well though, but that's no biggie
    New York feels too small, and the subway is kind of inaccurate. I'm not just talking about the lighting, that's clearly to heighten the atmosphere, but the subway tracks are way too close to the platform. I see Canal St. nearly every day, so I have firsthand experience (this is really the case for all the platforms I've ever seen, they're like 5+ feet above the tracks). Also, the real Canal St. station is at least twice as large. The trains look just like the old E, though.
    Last edited by Azathoth; 12-10-2009 at 00:29.

The R.U.S.E. VIP beta (yes, I do feel special ).

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
    New York feels too small, and the subway is kind of inaccurate. I'm not just talking about the lighting, that's clearly to heighten the atmosphere, but the subway tracks are way too close to the platform. I see Canal St. nearly every day, so I have firsthand experience (this is really the case for all the platforms I've ever seen, they're like 5+ feet above the tracks). Also, the real Canal St. station is at least twice as large. The trains look just like the old E, though.
    Could be, I take the taxi, it's highly immersive imho. Love how this game has it's own logic, The Darkness won't allow poor Jackie to die. Adore the execution kills, mafia and the supernatural, who would have thought

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    The R.U.S.E. VIP beta (yes, I do feel special ).
    How'd you get it?

just finished MW2's campaign, it was pretty cool. i hated that there weren't any really long firefights though. like the level "The Bog" (or was it "Warpig"?) in cod4. it was at night and you had a long-ass firefight between 2 sides, and it was great.

but it was a cool game. specops is really fun, though NP is kinda time consuming. nto because of the lack of players or unbalance, or anything like that. its that you spend about 15 minutes inbetween games, because the lobby is closed, you spend 3 minutes finding a new one, stay in it for a minute, than it gets closd, until you are about to rip out your eyes, than it puts you in a game.

for some reason, riot shields stopped working online. playing splitscreen, riot shields are evil tools of destruction counterable only by an AT-4 behind it (because AT-4 to the front does squat), but i got some fairly long killstreaks with it, as opposed to getting 2 kills, 1 death, 2 deaths, 1 kill, etc with any other weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander the Pretty Good View Post
    How'd you get it?
    Friend of mine was a hostess for R.U.S.E. on the GamesCom and when I was there she gave me a little card with a special key that I could use to sign up. Basically everybody could sign up but I think the GamesCom card keys had some kind of guarantee that you'd be chosen.
    I kinda like the game, it's fun to play, a mix of Supreme Commander, Company of Heroes and maybe some Hearts of Iron thrown in, although not in terms of complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Friend of mine was a hostess for R.U.S.E. on the GamesCom and when I was there she gave me a little card with a special key that I could use to sign up. Basically everybody could sign up but I think the GamesCom card keys had some kind of guarantee that you'd be chosen.
    I kinda like the game, it's fun to play, a mix of Supreme Commander, Company of Heroes and maybe some Hearts of Iron thrown in, although not in terms of complexity.
    Hmm sounds good, always thought you were a good guy to know Hus.

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

for some reason, riot shields stopped working online. playing splitscreen, riot shields are evil tools of destruction counterable only by an AT-4 behind it (because AT-4 to the front does squat), but i got some fairly long killstreaks with it, as opposed to getting 2 kills, 1 death, 2 deaths, 1 kill, etc with any other weapon.
    Riot shields are actually fairly easy to beat. Use explosives, aim at their feet, flank them, shoot them while they switch to a gun, etc. I actually think MW2 did a pretty good job with balancing. I can't wait until I head home for the holidays and get to play my little brother's copy of it again

Until then, I'm playing waaayyyy too much NCAA Football '10 and that Axis&Allies game that was linked to in the Arena.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by Ja'chyra View Post
    Hmm sounds good, always thought you were a good guy to know Hus.
    Why? Because I happen to know a GamesCom hostess?

Quote Originally Posted by woad&fangs View Post
    Riot shields are actually fairly easy to beat. Use explosives, aim at their feet, flank them, shoot them while they switch to a gun, etc. I actually think MW2 did a pretty good job with balancing.
    oh, without a doubt. not even the damage or anything as much as the huge variety of guns. only in assault rifles there must be around 10-15!

its just that when you cant hit their feet, and they see you, you cant really flank unless your just trying to be faster than them, which is cheap. ive had a few online where i meleed someone, then they magically shot through my shield with a shottie and killed me, and the killcam shows that lag is responsible for getting me killd; while they were in front of me on my screen, he was to my right side on his.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Target had Spirit Tracks for $10 off this week, so I decided to grab it. I'm intent on finishing Devil Survivor before getting wrapped up in another DS game, but I gave it a half hour or so preview- it was hard to put down. Looks like a great game.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Yay Fallout 3, bought this game ages ago and it has been collecting dust ever since, simply don't have enough time for something like this. But now I have two full weeks having to do absolutely nothing for a change. It does not disappoint this is great stuff. The graphics, where to begin, somebody pick up my jaw, amazing. not just somewhat amazing but amazing. wow. Simply incredible. Words fail me but i'll sing the praises when I find the proper way to put it. wow will have to do for now. wow.

bethesda, thankyouverymuchforthis

XXX

Frag

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

Been playing TF2 since the War started. Death to soldiers!

Page 55 of 108 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast