Thread: EB for M:TW?

Post EB for M:TW?

Hi guys,
    Does anybody know if the team plan on going backward to mod M:TW and make an EB for that? I just think that it would be a great idea - I would also love to see the great EB mixed with the amazing AI and the superior risk style strat map of that amazing old game. Thanks guys!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Default Re: EB for M:TW?

Hm... I don't think they will, somehow

It just seems a bit odd to go back to something where the EB level of gameplay won't be possible.

'My intelligence is not just insulted, it's looking for revenge with a gun and no mercy. ' - Frogbeastegg

SERA NIMIS VITA EST CRASTINA VIVE HODIE

The life of tomorrow is too late - live today!

Post Re: EB for M:TW?

Quote Originally Posted by Orb
    It just seems a bit odd to go back to something where the EB level of gameplay won't be possible.
    It might be possible, be optimistic. From what I have seen M:TW is more moddable than R:TW. Also EB could finally have good old classical Roman civil wars!
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 01-30-2007 at 12:52.

Odd, I read somewhere that MTW wasn't all that moddable compared to RTW. Perhaps you meant MIITW?
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

No guys, I mean M:TW (the first one).

I really liked M:TW but the AI was everything but amazing, especially on the stratmap where many moves seemed to be just random. In sieges it often attacked without any siege artillery and wasted full stacks to break through the three gates of a citadel, horse archers couldn't fire while moving, an exploit in africa allowed you to elimate multiple stack armies without battle, ships allowed you to move armies from egypt to scandinacia in one turn and back the next, so that you could quickly destroy an AI faction with overwhelming forces and move on to the next on the other side of the map etc.. It was great for it's time but far from perfect.

Also I hated the twelfe stacks vs. ten stacks battles that could last many hours. Always autoresolved most battles in an advanced campaign for that reason.

Father of the EB Isle Member Aymar de Bois Mauri's Avatar
    Staring West at the setting sun, atop the Meneltarma

No. There will be no EB for MTW. There will be a EB2 for M2TW though.

Ah well, I was thinking of an EB-1

Thanks for the response guys.

OMFG Aymar are you serious !!!??? That would be my wildest dreams coming true!!!! I've always hoped for an EB-style M2TW mod (so much for M2TR.... )!!!!! EB just adds so much more depth, immersion, and playability into the total war franchise. I'd be playing it to death, then playing to death again .....

and i was weeping the other day about the lack of an EB-style M2TW mod...

please, continue the EB legend with M2TW....

ps. no offense Aymar, but do you guys have enough knowledge about the period to actually make it like EB?? because it seems like most of you are interested only in the classical era...

I believe it is going to be set in the classical period from what I have read. MA is going to be the Medieval version of EB.

what's MA???

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Lord of Poop~
    what's MA???
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=161

It has a slightly different philosophy than EB with regards developing history, whereby the tech trees of a faction aren't constrained so much by what did happened, but what could have happened. An eastern state could begin to take on the trappings of a western state if the fulfill certain goals. But that's a poor presentation of them, I would read some of their stuff, it looks like its going to be good. It has some really interesting factions in their.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Lord of Poop~
    ps. no offense Aymar, but do you guys have enough knowledge about the period to actually make it like EB?? because it seems like most of you are interested only in the classical era...
    Erm... It will basically be an extended, partially revised EB 1. So pretty much as you knew it, except for the fact that it will - based on EB as it is now, I believe that's most likely - push different limits, namely those of M2TW. The team has stated that it would be more than just EB 1 with nicer graphics, taking advantage of the new M2TW possibilities... but it will most likely very much look and feel like EB how it is now.

So no: this won't be EB style Medieval timeframe mod. (Because that is what MA is.)
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    It has a slightly different philosophy than EB with regards developing history, whereby the tech trees of a faction aren't constrained so much by what did happened, but what could have happened.
    That's still awesome, Foot. I'm fired up now. If these guys have half the dedication and attention to detail youse guys do, I now have a reason to purchase Medieval 2.