Thread: Help - somebody, anybody - real quick

Default Help - somebody, anybody - real quick

I intended to enable Templars for the HRE as well. I did not realize that the HRE already had a unit card picture for Templars, so in the midst of copying that tga file over from the french folder, I accidentally overwrote the original hre version.

When I realized what I'd done, I checked and yes, each faction has their own version which follows the faction color-scheme.... now it's not a big deal, just a unit card picture - but I want my HRE picture back now, lol...

So, could somebody e-mail me it? If you've run the unpacker it's in your data/ui/units/hre folder, called "knights_templar.tga"

If you can, drop me a PM, and I'll respond back with my email, thnx muchly =]

EDIT: oh yeah, the reason I don't just re-color one myself is because I don't have photoshop... so yup, if there's a kind person out there, just take you 2 minutes to do.... I'll post again after I've got it
    Last edited by SMZ; 02-20-2007 at 06:34.
    Drink water.

Default Re: Help - somebody, anybody - real quick

oh, and if I'm just confused and there is no such hre specific unit card, somebody tell me that too please, lol

EDIT: *sits in corner crying* :(
    Last edited by SMZ; 02-20-2007 at 09:46.
    Drink water.

drugi Rudolf Maister Member zstajerski's Avatar

No idea man :(
    cant help you with this one

(stating the obvious)back, backup, always backup....
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Why don't you just run the unpacker with the filter switch on the file you want to extract?

Voila, an instant replacement from the vanillia files!
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

cause doofuses like me don't know such things can be done

*learns something new for today*

thnx muchly =]
    Drink water.

No troubles
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Senior Member Senior Member Carl's Avatar

My advise would be to create a folder somwhere (mines on my desktop), labeled "Backup", then in their create one labeled "M2TW" and then copy & paste the entire data folder into it. Viola, Instant Backup if anything goes wrong. I do that for every game I mod, with each game having it's own folder.
    Find my ProblemFixer Purehere.

This ProblemFixer fixes the following: 2-Hander bug, Pike Bug, Shield Bug, Chasing Routers, Cav not Charging, Formation Keeping Improved, Trait Bugs, and Ancillary Bugs.

BETA Testers needed for the current version of RebuildProblemFixer. Thread here

i don't really have the hard disk space to do that... my main hobby is music... and that gobbles memory

I'm trying to puzzle my way thru putting in the correct command thru this ms-dos thing now... at least I was able to check and see that yes the file does exist... now I just gotta figure out how to get to it =/
    Drink water.

Quote Originally Posted by SMZ
    i don't really have the hard disk space to do that... my main hobby is music... and that gobbles memory

I'm trying to puzzle my way thru putting in the correct command thru this ms-dos thing now... at least I was able to check and see that yes the file does exist... now I just gotta figure out how to get to it =/
    Well, make a copy (use a dif name) of the unpack_all.bat, then edit it to see what it does to use the command. Basically all you have to do with your new file then is add to the end "--filter=knights_templar.tga" and run it (in the same directory the other bat file is in, your unpacker directory). Your new knights_templar.tga should pop out in the appropriate subdirectory of your main data folder.

As for a backup data directory, this is really quite silly when it's so easy to unpack things from the pack files on demand. As long as you understand that, you already have a backup of your data directory.

See my Sig+ below! (Don't see it? Get info here)

thank you a hundred times, got the file I wanted - and now I kinda sorta know how to work batch files... just needed it explained real slow and real loud - thnx again, you and sapi
    Drink water.

I figure i might as well note that you don't actually have to use batch files; and it can be easier simply to use the tool from the command line if you only want to extract one file.

If you'd rather do it this way it works fine though

gl ;)

Quote Originally Posted by sapi
    I figure i might as well note that you don't actually have to use batch files; and it can be easier simply to use the tool from the command line if you only want to extract one file.

If you'd rather do it this way it works fine though

gl ;)
    Yup, you sure can. I just figured I'd avoid having to explain to people that you may have to shorten file or folder names to get the path to work, or how to figure out the path to all the given files in question. It's a lot easier to just have people modify the existing bat file that I know will call the unpacker correctly than to explain how to use a command prompt to people who may not know already, IMO. Plus it's prolly actually faster and easier to modify a bat file, by the time you've made sure you have all the paths and such correctly entered on the command line. It's taken me 3 or 4 tries before to get a given file unpacked from the command line due to typos, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SMZ
    thank you a hundred times, got the file I wanted - and now I kinda sorta know how to work batch files... just needed it explained real slow and real loud - thnx again, you and sapi
    You're quite welcome. Happy to be of service

See my Sig+ below! (Don't see it? Get info here)