Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A guide to install EB, screenshots provided

Default Re: A guide to install EB, screenshots provided

I must warn you, Tomik, that EB doesn't support "cracked" RTW. My fault, if you thought otherwise, because I responded to your first post. (Which was a bit of an oversight. Again.)

Anyway, even if EB did support cracks, we couldn't help you since AFAIK none of us uses a cracked RTW.

The only thing I can suggest now, is to spend $5,- / €5,- / whatever, and get yourself a LEGAL copy of RTW. Then follow instructions in post 1, and you should be able to run EB properly.

Please do not feel in any way offended at me asking this, but please don't continue posting questions or comments regarding your cracked version here.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

OK, I am very sorry. I will buy original game as soon as I can and then come back :-) Thank you Tellos.

i have totally given up on trying to mod rtw because i can't really understand read me and the isntallation guide didn't help either, i can get to the last parts of it but then it gets like real vague and i don't understand it

Please tell us which part is vague and needs further elaboration. I assume you mean part 4? Which words are vague and hard to understand?
    Last edited by bovi; 05-02-2007 at 23:50.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Hope part 4 is all clear now, edited the guide significantly (splitted step 4 into 4, 5, 6 and 7). And I did a reinstall of my copy of EB to do the edit...
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 05-04-2007 at 00:44.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

That's certainly a lot more detail. Good work, Tellos! Again, if anyone has trouble understanding the current instructions, please be very specific when asking about it.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Hi,

just tryed installing this mod a few times now, this is what ive done and its not working.

Removed all traces of RTW and EB from previous attempts.

Installed RTW (Version 1.0)

Installed 1.3 patch

Installed 1.5 Patch

Downloaded and installed EB081a-full to the same directory.

I get the EB FAQ and the Shortcut Icon on the desktop, when i double click the shortcut it browses for the file RomeTW.exe, ive directed it to that file and its opened RTW and nothing has changed, no sign of the mod at all (unless im really missing something)

Cheers for any help.

Looks very unpleasant. Well, first thing to check: 1) you did make a copy of your RTW install beforehand, didn't you...? 2) Check your RTW folder and look for a folder called "EB". 3) Check your target line of your shortcut.
    IIRC, something like this:
    "folder you installed RTW to\Rome Total War.exe" -mod:EB -nm -show_err
    as target line, starting in:
    "folder you installed RTW to\"
    But the browsing thingy, that kinda worries me...
    4) Check your RTW install, make sure you do have the exe there and working properly...
    5) Check your download. Look at the screenshot witht the details on the file in the Guide... and verify yours has the same size.

Should this checking thing be too much for you... there's always the solution of reinstalling everything RTW & EB...
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 05-07-2007 at 17:36.
    - Tellos Athenaios

Cheers for the reply.

Ok, ive checked a few things, the size of the EB download i got is 365mb when its all packaged up (if thats what you meant).

This is the target after i browsed for the .exe
    "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -mod:eb -nm -show_err

"C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\" -mod:eb -nm -show_err

That was it before.

When i installed EB i installed it to
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War
    and there is an EB file in there now with just a few files in.

I'll try uninstalling it all again, but ive tried it twice now with the same result and the first time i tryed it i forgot the patches. (its nothing to do with them is it, when i downloaded 1.5 it said make sure you have 1.3 if you're installed it fresh on a new install)

Cheers

Not sure what exactly you meant in your last post: but no you have to patch before installing EB.
    - Tellos Athenaios

Please verify that after installing EB, your RTW folder looks similar to this one. Please ignore the red circle, it was used to point out something else to someone else. Instead, note the EB folder.

================
    ================

Hmm mine only has

data
    eb
    Miles
    preferences
    saves
    gamespy
    gamespy arcade
    icon
    mss32.dll
    rome tw 1.3 patch readme
    RomeTW.exe

I'll try reinstalling again tonight and concentrate on where its being installed too.

Oh, I didn't install Gamespy, and the temp folder is likely not important. It looks like you've installed it right... But please try again nevertheless.

================
    ================

The fact that you don't have the Docs file folder seems to point to a possible solution: run your EB installer, if it asks you what to do select "uninstall". If it does not then you've been uninstalling, rather than installing the attempt before. And of course install EB after that.
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 05-08-2007 at 11:31.
    - Tellos Athenaios

Its working now, thanks for the advice.

It was the directory path on installing EB, was activision\rome total war, and mines in creative assembley\rome total war, didn't think they would be different.

Cheers

^^

Why do you think I wrote "the exact same" ?

Otherwise good to hear it's working!
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 05-08-2007 at 20:11.
    - Tellos Athenaios

Edit
    Last edited by I Am Herenow; 05-27-2017 at 15:21.

That's the one slip up there.

Fixed now.
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 05-08-2007 at 20:47.
    - Tellos Athenaios

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios

When it asks for destination folder, fill in the exact same folder, as the one which you installed RTW in. You can do this by typing the entire path, or by left clicking "Browse": and select the folder of your clean RTW 1.5 (similar to selecting a picture from file to insert in Word, however this time you select your RTW 1.5 file folder instead of the "picture"). In my case the path ended up like this:....
    ....path... And breathe... However, this time the "adress" (destination/ installation path are other ways to describe the same stuff) is that of your clean RTW 1.5.
    That is from step 5 of your tips - the installation process.

I am slightly confused by this.
    So, when you start running the installation it will ask for destination. Do i select my copied rtw folder or my original (both are clean, patched to 1.5)

Then, you say it will ask for destination again. You said "However", implying that it is different from the one i chose first time??

Could you clarify this for me - you say install in the clean RTW 1.5 folder twice, but put a however before the second time, maybe meaning it is different??

(just a note - "adress" is "address" :P )

Any of them, really. You select the one of those which you want to have EB in. The main thing is to make sure it's a folder where RomeTW.exe is.

================
    ================

thanks

got it installed fine :)

looking forward to playing very much

incredible work

i installed it with the right patch and stuff then when i click on the shortcut it comes on then says a file is missing
    " its funny when you think that if no war had existed there could be no peace ,without war, peace has no oppsite,but in the end it means nothing but what is a idea but words that blossoms in the minds of fickle or brilliant men that give them purpose and to them a meaning ." William Anderson 1781

Are you absolutely certain that you installed in the correct folder? Please try again, and if it's still the same problem try to download the 0.81a V2 full installer instead.

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by CorvusCorax
    You said "However", implying that it is different from
    selecting a file, picture, document. Btw, I wrote a "clarify the guide between brackets" line... so

Quote Originally Posted by CorvusCorax
    (just a note - "adress" is "address" :P )
    And that from someone who basically just admitted he ... ! Gotta fix it, I suppose...

EDIT: And done.
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 05-27-2007 at 19:31.
    - Tellos Athenaios

Just installed the update patch for 0.81a-V2 over 0.81a (put the installer where my RTW.exe is, run it; it prompted me to confirm the overwriting of certain files, I went along).

Everything works fine but just a quick question: When I fire up EB, the opening screen says it's version 0.81.a. I guess the update patch adds no particular indication of V2 there. Am I correct about this or did I do something wrong about the patch installation?
    Last edited by Ancyrean; 05-31-2007 at 12:29.

The screen is not updated, everything is fine.

================
    ================

hey im a newb at RTW and EB...i'm just having some issues with the campaign map. when i start a new campaign the graphics on the campaign map are really crude. The army character is all brown with no detail and the symbols on the flags are blurred and the terrain looks really bad. My computer is brand new (just got it issued last semester) and it worked fine with regular RTW can anyone help me?

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

You could add to point 4:

Some people have got corrupted downloads and had to download it again. If you have problems installing and suspect this may be it, you can make sure that your file is intact by running an MD5 checksum on it, for instance using FastSum. The checksum should be 8F70DD15C5A471995682BA3610DDE263. If not, you'll have to download again.
    Last edited by bovi; 07-08-2007 at 17:48.

================
    ================

And done.

Thanks Bovi!
    - Tellos Athenaios

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast