Thread: Unit list

Default Unit list

Hi all
    Is there a list of all units wots in HTW ???

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Default Re: Unit list

Hi Axel: try this

Also some extra downloads and stuff to add to the HTW atmosphere, and a fix for the Bronze Age scenario. Enjoy
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Hi
    thx mate

Hi macsen rufus,
    I love your site mate i put it up by my favorits

Thanks, Axel. I'm getting back into HTW again after a period playing PMTW & XL, so I'm going to have another go at getting the Bronze Age all fixed, then I should get up a Bronze Age unit guide, too. What I REALLY want to do is a full-Europe Bronze Age campaign, oh and remake my Roman Invasion of Britain mod which I lost when my last pc died ....

Discussion forum thread

Hi mate
    A full europe bronze age and Roman Invasion of Britain mod would be really great to play i cant waith, Its to bad that i dont know how to mod cose i would help you maybe i cane do somme thing?

Hi mate,
    question where and in wich map of HTW most i put your downloads(shields, reviewpanel, brothel and broze age) ???? cane you help me please?

Hi Axel:

the building graphics go in here: (HTW Mod directory)/../Medieval - Total War/campmap/review_panel/Buildings
    - they should already be divided into sub-directories so copy the whole lot in and say "yes" if it asks if you want to replace old files (note some of the old files may be newer than the new files...!) But it's so long since I made these packages, I can't honestly remember! The brothel ones will need to be put into the various "culture" sub-directories. Best to explore the directory and see what lives where - it might get you tempted to start modding

Did you download HTW recently and the "Total Patch"? When the Total Patch was released with my bits in it, it wasn't quite the latest version, so some of needs repatching - like the faction shields. I've just tried to DL the shields again here, and it seems to be corrupted somehow... will have to look into that.

I've now managed to make a start on "Bronze Age Europe" - with HTW BA units exported onto the XL Europe map, bit of a strange XL-HTW hybrid so far! But the factions I have are: Hittites, Assyrians, Egypt, Thrace, Mycenae, Minoa, Celts, Balts, Germanics, Illyrians, Iberians, Etruscans, Iberocelts, Italics, Libyans and Slavs. (Or rather the populations that later became these groups, but "Proto-Celts", "Proto-Slavs" etc sounds a bit naff....)

I've made the start date c. 1275BC - so when I get around to changing the name files, then Egypt will be under Ramses I and the Hittites under Muwatillis. This should all suggest to you one thought - KADESH! I'd really like to divide Greece up into smaller provinces, but the XL map has all the provinces it can take, and I don't have all the software for map modding. I think I might have to remove the Minoans, as by my start date the Mycenae had wiped them out, leaving only one Greek faction with three provinces.

Most of the factions are pretty barbarous and only have BA tribal warriors so far, but I will be porting more units across. Not making any new ones, but changing a few stats, names etc is easily done. Eg I've copied across Hittite Heavy Chariots into an Eyptian Chariot which is faster, lighter and weaker, but with more arrows, to reflect different Hittite and Egyptian tactics. Egypt has also been given nubian spears and guards, and I want to get more research done (how were the Ne'arin armed, for instance?) There's a LOT left to do, of course, and it might be difficult to make it transferable to other installs, but I'll try!

I also want to work in the gradual spread of ironworking, horse-riding, and innovations like the Halstatt sword etc.

Discussion forum thread

Hi mate,
    i got the Hellenic totalwar full 3.01 with the HTW total patch add on your name stands in the textfile mate so i think i got the last on,
    so most i still update this one????
    And i love playing bronze age europe i cant waith to play it
    I am sry i dont know how to mod i would learn if i know how or if i cane read somme thing about it.
    And wot program do you need to make campain maps??

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Hi Macsen ,, Good to see a one oldie & one newbie still lurking here ! You may remember me as the Brothel pic bloke ... Your Bronze Age mod would be a hit on Rome TW !!! I got it about 4 weeks ago and havn't stopped playing it ,, I went about 16months without a M-TotalWar campaign with the odd custom battle until I uninstalled it completely ,, Good luck with your latest modding project ,, My dream mod was always a Mesopotamian one and I mentioned it many times without it ever stirring much interest ,, Unfortunately I can't mess or mod at all so it will always be a dream ,, Your Assyrians & Hittites will be nice to see when done ,, Anyway do let me know when the Bronze Age Mod is finished/tweaked ,, cheers for now .

OKAY guys -- I've made a new thread

Continued here ...

Discussion forum thread