Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Grand Spankin List of TWisms

Auspicious Interceptor Member YellowMelon's Avatar

Default The Grand Spankin List of TWisms

Here is a list of TWisms that I have come across during my time in ... the TW multiplayer community.

Babyphants A prepubescent elephant that is used to save the money of a normal elephant, but has the disadvantage of being similar in stature to a large dog.

Catacamels A Parthian unit that is heavily armoured like a cataphract, but has the advantage of fear causing and spitting.

Catephractephants The most expensive unit in the game, this heavily armored elephant is the most dangerous unit in RTW. Also called Armoured Elephants, or Elephracts.

Cavspam Using a monotonous strategy of picking the same unit over and over, or similar unit types to compensate for a max per type rule. Also known as a delicious canned meat to put on toast.

Clanhopper A player that cannot maintain his compsure in one clan for an extended period of time, and frequently shifts allegiances. IE: Daman is a clanhopper.

Elite The categorizing wherein a player believes himself or his peers to be of a higher status than others. Although there is no definitive categorization for players who are called to be elite, it is commonly an internal struggle to raise the ego and make oneself feel pretty.

***Spy The popular name given to gamespy, due to its inefficiency and horrible multiplayer platforming. Although the term is used, there is no evidence that GS practices an alternate lifestyle.

High Florin Noobs Players that use a ridiculous amount of money and make armies of the best units with all upgrades. Low money players refuse to acknowledge this as a skilled game.

Javcav Cavalry that is equipped with a javeline, this unit has a skirmish ability and a secondary attack function for melee.

Low Florin Pricks The majority of the community that use low money, and tend to isolate themselves from the rest of the community that uses more money. These players tend to be competetive clannies.

Noob A new player to the game who lacks the skill and knowledge of an experienced player. Noob is a term that is not defined by time, but by skill. A player who has been playing the game for a long time can still be a noob.

Noob Box An enclosed area made of pikes to prevent players from entering the middle and finding their buried treasure. That is the only reason I can justify this lame formation. Buried treasure.

Professional Noob A player that plays TW religiously, yet is proned to make the mistakes of a first timer. IE: Dagonet is a professional noob.

Rome Noob A player that started playing the TW series online in the RTW stage. They are typically a potty-mouthed, immature bunch that abuse the game and the community. They have a natural instinct to despise Vets.

Ronin A player that does not play in a clan, either because he recognizes that most clans are tools, or that he has not been engulfed by a spamclan yet.

RPGers Players that have taken on a role playing identity, and use it despite making themselves look like fools. IE: The Wolves are RPGers. HowLwowowlLWlwl.

Spamclan A clan that appears out of nowhere and somehow manages to have 10 members online at all times. Rumors state that these clans recruit anything that has a pulse, or not. Sometimes not.

Trophies Trophies are insignificant graphics that are created to designate the winner of a said event. Trophies are often worn in signatures as text and/or graphics. IE: Warman is the 3 time BHC world champion.

Vet A player that played in the Shogun/MTW days, that feels as though the new group of players (and game) and poor in comparison to the 'good old days.' Vets usually suffer from delirious nostalgia, as well as hype their skills over their actual performance.
    Last edited by YellowMelon; 01-30-2007 at 19:22.

Default Re: The Grand Spankin List of TWisms

Tanks - Another name for the Clibinarri units that wtfbbq pwnt anyone who wasn't an axemen on BI. IE. I've just got gwnt by tanks.

PS. LOL
    Last edited by Monarch; 01-30-2007 at 19:32.

I actually ROFL'd

Good job mellon.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Pillia trick:

The known Bug in BI that meant pillia could actually be fired over your archer units for uber pwntage.

Leo Honorius Foxx takes claim for this trick and also claims that Wishazu of clan vandal horde stole it of him.

He talks rubbbish as you might know..

Vet wanabe: Players which claim to be vets with such fowel excuses such as "I played under a ronin tag in shogun" They aspire to be worshiped like vets but in reality fail totaly and no one cares.

Vet A player that played in the Shogun/MTW days, that feels as though the new group of players (and game) and poor in comparison to the 'good old days.' Vets usually suffer from delirious nostalgia, as well as hype their skills over their actual performance.
    Those who have been around long enough or were browsing the right forums are aware why and how this issue is still occuring from time to time. Personaly I don't have any problems if someone played shoggy, mtw1, rtw, mtw2 as long as he understands the basics of the communication and is preapared to ask.

About skills..we are all aware how this goes. Thought I can calmly mention that if summarize up matches I've played against various players, which skills were great, I can mentioned that 60% of them were shaped in STW.

I hope you did not missunderstand me. I'm not saying that you need to play STW (I've not played it on MP) to have good skills or to be recognized as a skilled player. I'm saying that quantity and quality from TW era to era speaks in favour of those who started with STW. For example Paolai. I've heard about him he was very good player in STW and I've been told this from players who outmanouvered me in MTW, I've experienced Paolai's gameplay in MTW/VI (very good), we have played RTW where his skill were still obvious and despite we have not played now I don't doubt about his skills in MTW 2. I could say same for Bottom, Duck and maybe few more who played and tryed all TW series.
    Last edited by Fenix7; 01-30-2007 at 19:58.
    ''Constant training is the only Way to learn strategy.''

ROFL

Aonar :D

Auspicious Interceptor Member YellowMelon's Avatar

Aonar, this is a parody on peoples misconceptions. Lost something in translation I guess :/

I know, but I could not resist myself not to post that.

p.s. For example Melon is good player too. When I've started with MTW2 he made me to rout 5 times in a row - he will say 6 but don't listen to him. :D
    Last edited by Fenix7; 01-30-2007 at 20:04.
    ''Constant training is the only Way to learn strategy.''

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

I will work on the Noob Triangle next! wooot! Got any treasure to spare?

Very nice.
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

i had to laugh at some of those. but i might fit in one of those brackets but i seem to ignore those only the ones im not in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aonar
    I know, but I could not resist myself not to post that.

p.s. For example Melon is good player too. When I've started with MTW2 he made me to rout 5 times in a row - he will say 6 but don't listen to him. :D
    gd list mel...
    Thats a gd one too Monarch Although u think tanks are bad, what do u call the classic +3w tank
    All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope - Sir Winston Churchill

can i be a professional newb? and i suffer from delerious nestalgia, but only before the lancer patch
    Last edited by Callahan9119; 01-30-2007 at 21:14.
    And when the brazen cry of achilles
    Was heard among the trojans, all their hearts
    Were troubled, and the full-maned horses whirled
    The chariots backward, knowing griefs at hand...

Clanhopper A player that cannot maintain his compsure in one clan for an extended period of time, and frequently shifts allegiances. IE: Daman is a clanhopper.
    rofl that is so true

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YellowMelon
    Here is a list of TWisms that I have come across during my time in ... the TW multiplayer community.

Trophies Trophies are insignificant graphics that are created to designate the winner of a said event. Trophies are often worn in signatures as text and/or graphics. IE: Warman is the 3 time BHC world champion.

You Said........ Me?

YAY,I'M SO SPECIAL!!

Actually, I'm a 5 Time BHC World champion Melon. I just to lazy to update my account over Grey Wolves.

I'm a Professinal Noob. Got some Trophies, but mostly BHC Title Wins. Only "big" Trohipes I got is when me and my clannie Maxmiusbumbus both capture the #1 spot on the RTW ladder, and when I got the VI #1 Spot in July and I been there since.

you can call me a RPGer, since I always like to act around like a King lol.

Hey! That's MY line Warman! I'm the founding member of the Professional Noob Association.

**ELMO SHOWS PLATINUM NOOB CARD**

I guess we'll have to make up another card for you then. Seems our membership is growing in leaps and bounds.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ElmarkOFear
    Hey! That's MY line Warman! I'm the founding member of the Professional Noob Association.

**ELMO SHOWS PLATINUM NOOB CARD**

I guess we'll have to make up another card for you then. Seems our membership is growing in leaps and bounds.

WHAT!?

WHAT!?

i'M THE ONE WHO STARTED THE PROFESSNIAL NOOB MOMVEMENT

*SHOWS EL HIS KING CARD"

See? I'm the King, and it saids

"KingWarman88,Professinal Noob since March 2004, haven't won most of his games on VI,RTW or MTW2"

let me see your card........

"Elmark,Pro Noob since Shogun"

Well, Dang it,you got me :) :)

Well, it Must be a King Card,since I am the King,

The Founder of KnightTime :D

:D

Well, I am a Pro Noob, was a high flo noob, but now I am a low flo prick. :)
    Last edited by ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88; 01-31-2007 at 16:51.

HF and GL all - Have Fun and Good Luck all. The usually opening greeting at a battle.

And GG - Good Game. And it doesn't matter, whether you have won or lost, the game was exciting or boring. It doesn't matter whether you had 2 noobs in your team against a 3 vet team, that rushed you from the map at the beginning
    Last edited by |Heerbann|_Di3Hard; 01-31-2007 at 17:10.

Host has terminated and left the game - words that are usually seen within 5 seconds of the host realising someone has broken the rules :D
    All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope - Sir Winston Churchill

Twist and Turn - A tactic which made Leo Honorius_ Tibilicus the joke of the LH TS, a noob tactic which involved an incredibly long, complicated and unefficent way to manouvre is army. IE. We're winning! Tib's twist and turning! We've lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Monarch
    Twist and Turn - A tactic which made Leo Honorius_ Tibilicus the joke of the LH TS, a noob tactic which involved an incredibly long, complicated and unefficent way to manouvre is army. IE. We're winning! Tib's twist and turning! We've lost.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YellowMelon

Babyphants A prepubescent elephant that is used to save the money of a normal elephant, but has the disadvantage of being similar in stature to a large dog.

Catacamels A Parthian unit that is heavily armoured like a cataphract, but has the advantage of fear causing and spitting.

Catephractephants The most expensive unit in the game, this heavily armored elephant is the most dangerous unit in RTW. Also called Armoured Elephants, or Elephracts.

Cavspam Using a monotonous strategy of picking the same unit over and over, or similar unit types to compensate for a max per type rule. Also known as a delicious canned meat to put on toast.

Elite The categorizing wherein a player believes himself or his peers to be of a higher status than others. Although there is no definitive categorization for players who are called to be elite, it is commonly an internal struggle to raise the ego and make oneself feel pretty.

***Spy The popular name given to gamespy, due to its inefficiency and horrible multiplayer platforming. Although the term is used, there is no evidence that GS practices an alternate lifestyle.

High Florin Noobs Players that use a ridiculous amount of money and make armies of the best units with all upgrades. Low money players refuse to acknowledge this as a skilled game.

Javcav Cavalry that is equipped with a javeline, this unit has a skirmish ability and a secondary attack function for melee.

Low Florin Pricks The majority of the community that use low money, and tend to isolate themselves from the rest of the community that uses more money. These players tend to be competetive clannies.

Noob A new player to the game who lacks the skill and knowledge of an experienced player. Noob is a term that is not defined by time, but by skill. A player who has been playing the game for a long time can still be a noob.

Noob Box An enclosed area made of pikes to prevent players from entering the middle and finding their buried treasure. That is the only reason I can justify this lame formation. Buried treasure.

Professional Noob A player that plays TW religiously, yet is proned to make the mistakes of a first timer. IE: Dagonet is a professional noob.

Rome Noob A player that started playing the TW series online in the RTW stage. They are typically a potty-mouthed, immature bunch that abuse the game and the community. They have a natural instinct to despise Vets.

Ronin A player that does not play in a clan, either because he recognizes that most clans are tools, or that he has not been engulfed by a spamclan yet.

RPGers Players that have taken on a role playing identity, and use it despite making themselves look like fools. IE: The Wolves are RPGers. HowLwowowlLWlwl.

Spamclan A clan that appears out of nowhere and somehow manages to have 10 members online at all times. Rumors state that these clans recruit anything that has a pulse, or not. Sometimes not.

and

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Chant created by Me

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

came around in July 2004. I used to chant it all the time then lol

I added the 8 towards the end of VI, in Setember 04 sometime..

/word nazi on

"i.e" means "id est", which is translated, "that is".

The abbreviation you're looking for is e.g:

"e.g" means "exempli gratia", which is translated, "for the sake of example".

/word nazi off

Good list, though I don't get all of them >8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tanok
    /word nazi on

"i.e" means "id est", which is translated, "that is".

The abbreviation you're looking for is e.g:

"e.g" means "exempli gratia", which is translated, "for the sake of example".
    lol..

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

GAH!

Wedgie Formation - An offensive formation characterized by its triangular "thong" shape and for the horrific cries of agony it's victims suffer.

Tots - MP players that restricted their online play to just the Totomi map. While many vets attempted to foster a number of "Toys for Tots" drives, only custom flat and featureless maps could get these players to pull their yaris out of Totomi.

Wisdom - The gift of knowledge that can only be gifted to noobs through the sharp end of a pointy stick or with the edge of a blade. Traditionally, the weapon point or edge must penetrate the recipient's skull to deliver it's wisdom payload directly into the brain in order to maximize knowledge absorbtion. Only then will the noob have a chance to expand their horizons beyond the limits of the physical realm that enslave them.

Bowling - The art of using the Mongol porcelain grenade chukkas effectively in battle.

Art - Picasso might have chopped his own ear off. But real art can only be admired by staring down the smoking barrel of a cannon. Artillery is a vision of beauty in a world gone mad with taunting and pointless gesturing.

Bruce - A player that actually thought an army of all Kensai units could realistically win in most battles. Also known as the "Bruce Lee Delusion".

GAH!
    Last edited by Vanya; 02-20-2007 at 01:19.
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Quote Originally Posted by Aonar
    I hope you did not missunderstand me. I'm not saying that you need to play STW (I've not played it on MP) to have good skills or to be recognized as a skilled player. I'm saying that quantity and quality from TW era to era speaks in favour of those who started with STW. For example Paolai. I've heard about him he was very good player in STW and I've been told this from players who outmanouvered me in MTW, I've experienced Paolai's gameplay in MTW/VI (very good), we have played RTW where his skill were still obvious and despite we have not played now I don't doubt about his skills in MTW 2. I could say same for Bottom, Duck and maybe few more who played and tryed all TW series.
    thx Aonar

Vanya: Did you ever see AMP use his all-kensai army? He somehow stacked them to where they got bonus after bonus and your units (even cav) would rout before he made contact with them. Darndest thing I ever saw. hehe

Senior Member Senior Member Cheetah's Avatar

Good list YM, but I would leave out the names.

On the other hand I am interested in your definition of the following terms:

gunmonkey
    rush (rusher)
    uberunit
    corner camping
    redzone camping
    hill camping
    sweeping
    blobbing
    spamming
    noob army
    elespam
    superman build
    Lional of Cornwall
    proud member of the Round Table Knights

"If you wish to weaken the enemy's sword, move first, fly in and cut!" - Ueshiba Morihei O-Sensei

Quote Originally Posted by ElmarkOFear
    Vanya: Did you ever see AMP use his all-kensai army? He somehow stacked them to where they got bonus after bonus and your units (even cav) would rout before he made contact with them. Darndest thing I ever saw. hehe
    He had to be in a forest for obvious reasons, but yes it was one of AMP's "famous" exploits.
    Lional of Cornwall

"If you wish to weaken the enemy's sword, move first, fly in and cut!" - Ueshiba Morihei O-Sensei

Which reminds me an other term:

honourpig
    Lional of Cornwall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast