Page 2 of 236 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: News of the Weird

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

Default Re: News of the Weird

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi
    Re: the cheese rolling - these folks aren't very sharp.
    Makes my blood curdle - not a sensible whey to have fun.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

30 year old woman lives for a year as a 17-year old boy ... so she can sleep with a 14-year old girl. There must be easier ways to practice lesbian pedophilia ...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Woman, 30, posed as teenage boy in sex case

By Jackson Holtz, The Everett Herald

EVERETT - An Everett woman who posed as a teenage boy was arrested Sunday for allegedly molesting a 14-year-old girl who believed the older woman was her boyfriend.

Lorelei Josephine Corpuz, 30, lived for more than a year as a 17-year-old boy named "Mark," according to papers filed in Everett District Court.

As "Mark," Corpuz persuaded the girl's family to let "Mark" live in their home as the girl's boyfriend. Corpuz claimed to be an orphan, police alleged.

It wasn't until police arrested Corpuz on Sunday on an unrelated matter that the girl and her family learned that "Mark" was a woman - and almost twice the age they were led to believe, according to court papers.

That's when officers were told that Corpuz allegedly had beaten and sexually assaulted the girl.

"The family was very surprised to learn that this female who had presented herself as a juvenile male was in fact" an adult woman, Everett police Sgt. Robert Goetz said Tuesday.

Police initially arrested Corpuz on a traffic warrant.

On Tuesday, she was being held at the Snohomish County Jail on $150,000 bail for investigation of third-degree child rape. No charges have been filed.

The case may leave lasting emotional scars for the girl and her family, experts said.

"This is an extremely unusual story," said Lucy Berliner, director of the Harborview Center for Sexual Assault and Trauma Stress in Seattle. "Female-on-female sexual abuse is the rarest category. It doesn't happen very often at all."

The girl met "Mark" in September 2005 at a shopping mall, Goetz said.

They spoke over the phone and went on a date, according to court papers.

"Mark" told the girl and her parents that his mother died of cancer and his father killed himself, the papers said.

The girl told police the relationship became abusive and that she was hit weekly and twice was bitten on the back.

Corpuz was driving without a license when police stopped her on Sunday and determined she had a traffic warrant from Marysville for driving without a license.

The 14-year-old was in the car at the time and Corpuz was reluctant to let police talk to the girl, Goetz said.

The girl's parents were called and the family was interviewed. English is not their native language, Goetz said.

Corpuz has a criminal history stretching back to 2001. The state's court computer database lists "Mark" as her alias on a theft case in King County six years ago.

Everett and Marysville police recognized her as a woman. She may have been able to pass herself off as a man when stopped by Lynnwood police earlier this year, however.

In February, a person was stopped for driving with a suspended license in Lynnwood and was using Corpuz's "Mark" alias.

That person has the same height, weight, race and eye color as Corpuz, but police on Tuesday couldn't confirm that it was her. The person was given a ticket and released, said Paul Watkins, a Lynnwood police spokesman.

When posing as a man, Corpuz apparently uses her brother's name and identity, Goetz said.

"She was able to get away with it," he said. "Apparently she's good at what she does."

The combination of being abused - then learning her trust was misplaced - may be especially difficult for the girl, Berliner said.

"One is trauma, the other is shocking," she said. "Having both at the same time is very likely to make the effects of the abuse worse."

The girl needs the loving support of family and friends, said Dr. Frank Ochberg, a Michigan psychiatrist and internationally known expert on the effects of trauma.

"In this kind of case it's almost inevitable that there will be a period of time when the victim blames herself and feels embarrassed," he said.

"A lot of what you deal with is self-blame. You'd think the perpetrator would feel shame and embarrassment, but it doesn't work that way. It's the victim who feels that way."

The girl and her family need to be reassured that this is a highly unusual case, Berliner said.

They shouldn't feel bad.

"Why would you suspect it? How often do people go around lying about their gender?" she said. "It's too weird for people to imagine, so why would you imagine it?"

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Dental hygiene...not
    Unfreakingbelievable
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Quote Originally Posted by Hosakawa Tito
    Dental hygiene...not
    Unfreakingbelievable
    My sister-in-law used to go to him. I can't wait to tell her. (we don't get on )

A house near Seattle in the US was emptied of its contents after a hoax advertisement invited people to take whatever they wanted for free.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6532231.stm
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Well heres one that hits close to home.
    This happened at the Theatre down the block from. Let me add that I was a projectionist for 20 years and that my family owns 3 theatres and were all projectionists.

LINK

Movie mix-up creates fright fest in Holtsville

(04/06/07) HOLTSVILLE - Nightmarish images were shown to several children Thursday night after a Holtsville theater made a major movie mix-up, leaving parents livid.

Frank Doll took his 3-year-old son Frankie to see the age-appropriate "The Last Mimzy" at the Island 16 Multiplex. However, he was surprised by what showed up on the big screen. Instead of the children's movie, thriller "The Hills Have Eyes 2" began. The opening scene, which features a woman giving birth to a mutant while chained to a bed, caused families to pick up and run out of the theater.
    Watch the video link its even better.

My brother was on the phone to me about this one quick. It must be all over the union. I pity that poor projectionist. I can sympathize with him as well. How did it happen? Well simple he loaded the wrong reel. I rememeber once a long time ago I was showinfg a matinee of Peter Pan. Well guess what. I messed up and loaded the wrong reel. It just so happened we were showing midnight shows of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" I dont know if any of you have seen it but when I threw it on the screen it was right here

In case youve never seen the movie or heard the song

The Rocky Horror Picture Show Soundtrack Lyrics

- Sweet Transvestite Lyrics

How d'you do, I see you've met my faithful handyman
    He's just a little brought down because when you knocked
    He thought you were the candyman.
    Don't get strung out by the way that I look,
    Don't judge a book by its cover
    I'm not much of a man by the light of day,
    But by night I'm one hell of a lover

I'm just a Sweet Transvestite from Transexual, Transylvania.

So let me show you around, maybe play you a sound
    You look like you're both pretty groovy
    Or if you want something visual that's not too abysmal
    We could take in an old Steve Reeves movie.

I'm glad we caught you at home, could we use your phone?
    We're both in a bit of a hurry.
    We'll just say where we are, then go back to the car
    We don't want to be any worry.

So you got caught with a flat, well, how about that?
    Well babies, don't you panic.
    By the light of the night when it all seems alright
    I'll get you a satanic mechanic.

So why don't you stay for the night? Or maybe a bite?
    I could show you my favourite obsession.
    I've been making a man with blond hair and a tan
    And he's good for relieving my tension

So come up to the lab. And see what's on the slab.
    I see you shiver with antici... pation!
    But maybe the rain isn't really to blame
    So I'll remove the cause, but not the symptom.

The mummies werent happy.
    Last edited by Gawain of Orkeny; 04-07-2007 at 04:12.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

lol, owned.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

30 year old woman lives for a year as a 17-year old boy ... so she can sleep with a 14-year old girl.
    We make 'em weird here on the west side.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

To be honest Gawain there's only a cigarette paper between Peter Pan and Frank'n'furter....

Anyway, I wonder if this would be a bit to tough to eat?

A commercial fishing boat has caught what may have been one of the oldest creatures in Alaska - a giant rock-fish thought to be about 100 years old.

The 44in (1.1m), 60lb (27kg) female shortraker rock-fish was hauled in by a Seattle-based vessel, trawling for pollack in the Bering Sea last month.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6533627.stm
    Last edited by InsaneApache; 04-07-2007 at 08:40.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

The dish in front of me is grey and shiny.

"Russian dog," says my waitress Nancy.

"Big dog," I reply.

"Yes," she says. "Big dog's penis..."
    Yummy!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...nt/5371500.stm

Blog Entries

Man remains mayor after no one votes for him...or for anyone else...

Never let someone tell you your write in vote for Mickey Mouse won't affect the race.

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

Wow, wait, back up a minute. Big G, you were supposed to be showing a children's matinee Peter Pan, and in fact you loaded the Rocky Horror Picture show, right in the middle of the big Sweet Transvestite number?

First roadieing for Pink Floyd, and now this. You ARE the man.
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

The South African Rape-Stopper puts the bite on criminals.

Later this month, women there "will be able to arm their vaginas with the Rapex device, a product priced at 1 rand (around 14 cents) and sold over the counter," the Guardian reports. "Shaped like a female condom and worn internally, its hollow interior is lined with 25 razor-sharp teeth, which fasten on to an attacker's penis if he attempts penetration."

The device is "inserted with an applicator like a tampon, and removed with the same applicator," according to the Rapex website. It can stay in for up to 24 hours. And it will be "available in various sizes... small, medium and large."

When should it be worn? "If you have to travel long distances alone, on a train, working late, going out on a date with someone you don’t know too well, going to clubs, or in any situation that you might not feel comfortable or even just not sure."

Company's homepage.

Last edited by Lemur; 04-12-2007 at 16:03. Reason: Found better image and company's homepage.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Ouch.

zombologist Senior Member doc_bean's Avatar

Unfortunately, perhaps need in South Africa, from what i hear from a friend who lives there.
    Yes, Iraq is peaceful. Go to sleep now. - Adrian II

Hmm, this will prolly just cause more attention to be paid to the other orifices...
    Therapy helps, but screaming obscenities is cheaper.

zombologist Senior Member doc_bean's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blodrast
    Hmm, this will prolly just cause more attention to be paid to the other orifices...
    Those don't cure AIDS, at least.
    Yes, Iraq is peaceful. Go to sleep now. - Adrian II

Six-year-old arrested, cuffed, fingerprinted for disrupting her kindergarten class. Best line: “You can't handcuff them on their wrists because their wrists are too small, so you have to handcuff them up by their biceps.”

Get The Kiddie-Cuffs, or Police State Pedagogy

“Do you think this is the first 6-year-old we've arrested?”

This comment by Avon Park, Florida Police Chief Frank Mercurio to New York Times columnist Bob Herbert easily qualifies as the pull-quote of the day, perhaps of the month. Chief Mercurio was justifying the arrest -- complete with handcuffing, fingerprinting, and a mug-shot – of Desre'e Watson, who was eventually charged with a felony (as well as a few misdemeanors) after disturbing her kindergarten class.

“The student became violent,” Mercurio told Herbert. “She was yelling, screaming – just being uncontrollable. Defiant.” Herbert recalls wondering if he'd somehow materialized inside a “Saturday Night Live” sketch (during one of its better years – say, circa 1981) as Mercurio explained the mechanics of applying police restraints to a tiny child: “You can't handcuff them on their wrists because their wrists are too small, so you have to handcuff them up by their biceps.”

I fully expect that someone in the large and growing community of police state profiteers will recognize this market lacuna and produce a line of Kiddie-Cuffs (tm) – perhaps in an assortment of bright, cheerful colors. The incident involving Desre'e Watson isn't unique, after all.

A very, very Senior Member Adrian II's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Six-year-old arrested, cuffed, fingerprinted for disrupting her kindergarten class.
    The bloody trouble is we are only alive when we’re half dead trying to get a paragraph right. - Paul Scott

Wow.
    As a side note, I read the comments to the article... and while I certainly admit this is crazy, or even beyond crazy, the truth is... what were the teachers supposed to do ? You can't, God forbid, even touch the child, and of course, being a child, he/she won't listen to reason... so what are your choices, really ?
    But hey, smacking is really, really bad for your kids. Well, for the opponents of smacking, I hope you're much happier with handcuffing and arresting.

I know, you'll say that what the heck does smacking have to do with this ?
    It does, because I see it as the only realistic alternative to this; I say realistic, because, ideally, the parents would raise nice, quiet, and obeying kids. But in reality, parents won't, and kids will be kids.

So, okay, if smacking is way off topic, then how would any of you suggest cases like this be dealt with ? It's a serious question: a kid is throwing a tantrum, and won't stop no matter what you say to him. What do you do ?

Calling the parent comes to mind, certainly. That means holding the class to a still for maybe an hour or longer, or maybe the parent is simply unavailable/unreachable or can't leave their job at that time (like in this situation). So then what do you do ?
    And is it fair for the other kids to freeze the class for an hour or longer, just because one of them feels like kicking and screaming ?
    I guess detention (or something similar) comes to mind, although I am not sure how much sense it would make at such an age, and also, if the kid simply doesn't wanna go, you'd have to apply physical force to drag him/her, and we're back to square one...

So, really, does anyone have any ideas ?
    Uhm, Lemur, don't mean to hijack your thread. If you don't want this discussion here, let me know, and I'll make a new thread about it, okay ?
    Last edited by Blodrast; 04-13-2007 at 21:19.
    Therapy helps, but screaming obscenities is cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Blodrast
    So, really, does anyone have any ideas ?
    Uhm, Lemur, don't mean to hijack your thread. If you don't want this discussion here, let me know, and I'll make a new thread about it, okay ?
    I think it would be a very good idea to start a new thread.

Not only for your subject, but perhaps for the news item Lemur referred to - can't quite see why it got put in News of the Weird rather than a thread on civil liberties.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo's Ghost
    Not only for your subject, but perhaps for the news item Lemur referred to - can't quite see why it got put in News of the Weird rather than a thread on civil liberties.
    Sorry, I thought it was ridiculous. Didn't mean to mislead or distract the Weirdness thread.

As a sleep-deprived dad staying up the night with an infant lemur girl who does not want to sleep, I found this gut-bustingly funny. Not exactly News of the Weird, but I can't think of where else to put it.

Majority of Parents Abuse Children, Children Report

It documents abuses ranging from less severe offenses, such as children being denied snacks just before dinner, to more egregious, long-term cases of neglect, such as never ever getting what they want, ever.

"My parents always tell me that I have to finish all my math homework or I won't be allowed to watch TV," said study participant and abuse victim "Derek," 10, who told researchers that some of his earliest memories were of this kind of mistreatment. "They're so mean. I hate them."

"I hate them, I hate them, I hate them," he added.
    Last edited by Lemur; 04-14-2007 at 09:40.

Sorry, I thought it was ridiculous. Didn't mean to mislead or distract the Weirdness thread.
    Certainly is ridiculous, and perfectly fine in the News of the Weird except that it's also rather serious and might bear discussion.
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Blog Entries

Something from Seattle that's outside of the usual duck cases:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070416/...st/duck_rescue

Seattle man charged in bizarre duck case

Mon Apr 16, 5:38 PM ET

EVERETT, Wash. - A Seattle man has been charged with a slew of crimes that involved an alleged shoplifting, assaults and a pet duck named Mr. Peepers. Snohomish County Deputy Prosecutor Paul Stern on Thursday charged Kenneth Blaine Quinlan, 35, with two counts of third-degree assault and one count each of vehicular assault and hit-and-run.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Authorities say that on March 23, Quinlan and his 39-year-old girlfriend drove to a Lynnwood shopping center, where he entered a Linens 'n Things outlet and she went into a Petco store, taking the duck with her.

Stern wrote in court papers that a security guard thought he saw Quinlan shoplift an iPod speaker system, and a scuffle ensued.

Police say the guard chased Quinlan to the Petco store, where Quinlan got the car keys from his girlfriend and tried to escape.

The man jumped into the driver's seat of the car as the woman walked out of the store with her duck. Not knowing what was going on, she tried to stop him from driving away and was knocked down by the open car door as it backed up. She dropped the duck.

A Petco employee saw what was happening and "ran to save Peepers from the front of the car" just as Quinlan drove forward, Stern wrote. The car ran over the woman, inflicting serious injuries including broken bones in her foot and ankle, he said.

Charging papers say Quinlan continued driving and didn't stop until his vehicle struck another car nearby.

The girlfriend and guard were not seriously hurt. Mr. Peepers was OK.

Quinlan was being held in the Snohomish County Jail in lieu of $25,000 bail. A convicted felon and former heroin addict, he told officers that he'd just received a dose of methadone at a Lynnwood clinic and had used cocaine a few days earlier, according to court papers.
    CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed Rabbit
    Something from Seattle that's outside of the usual duck cases:
    "Duck!"

"NO!" Points frantically. "Duck!"
    Albert Camus "Noces"

BG!!

Quinlan should have known that by bringing a duck along his crime spree would go south...
    This space intentionally left blank

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Little did the thief realize that super-hero Darkwing Duck was there to foil the fowl deed...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

As a sleep-deprived dad staying up the night with an infant lemur girl who does not want to sleep, I found this gut-bustingly funny. Not exactly News of the Weird, but I can't think of where else to put it.

Majority of Parents Abuse Children, Children Report

It documents abuses ranging from less severe offenses, such as children being denied snacks just before dinner, to more egregious, long-term cases of neglect, such as never ever getting what they want, ever.

"My parents always tell me that I have to finish all my math homework or I won't be allowed to watch TV," said study participant and abuse victim "Derek," 10, who told researchers that some of his earliest memories were of this kind of mistreatment. "They're so mean. I hate them."

"I hate them, I hate them, I hate them," he added.
    Hey. I read that off some guy's paper in the Metro last weekend.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!

Is your pooch out of control? Is he humping your favorite chair? Thank goodness for entrepreneurial ingenuity, 'cause now there's a solution.

Hotdoll: The Sex Doll for Dogs

Default Sv: News of the Weird

They even got a selection I see.

Page 2 of 236 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast