Page 231 of 236 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,930 of 7070

Thread: News of the Weird

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Default Re: News of the Weird

German court rules that men have right to pee while standing

This bit caught me eye:

There is some debate in Germany about whether men should sit or stand to pee.
    I just presumed that all men stood to pee unless they were physically unable to. Its not that hard to aim is it?
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Germany is sometimes even worse than Sweden when it comes to feminist demands, who the hell thought it up anyway
    Last edited by Fragony; 01-23-2015 at 12:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Germany is sometimes even worse than Sweden when it comes to feminist demands, who the hell thought it up anyway
    What are you talking about?
    The guy got sued by his landlord who claimed that sprinkles of pee would damage the expensive marble floor around the toilet bowl.
    It's even in the linked article...

I'm also in favor of sitting down.
    Last edited by Husar; 01-23-2015 at 14:32.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    What are you talking about?
    The guy got sued by his landlord who claimed that sprinkles of pee would damage the expensive marble floor around the toilet bowl.
    It's even in the linked article...

I'm also in favor of sitting down.
    Yeah, it is linked.. No matter that it's rediculous it may be, it is linked. In a stepherd-wife society like the ultra-creepy Sweden you would expect this, didn't expect it in Germany, the country of bratwurst and beer.
    Last edited by Fragony; 01-23-2015 at 17:44.

Yeah, it is linked.. No matter that it's rediculous it may be, it is linked. In a stepherd-wife society like the ultra-creepy Sweden you would expect this, didn't expect it in Germany, the country of bratwurst and beer.
    What is linked? The gender of the landlord was not revealed and the comment of the judge about problems with women had nothing to do with the case itself. Might as well be an old conservative man who sued the guy over the loss of his precious marbles.
    In fact german articles use the male term when they mention the landlord, not 100% proof of anything, but the issue was the property damage and not domesticating men anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    What is linked? The gender of the landlord was not revealed and the comment of the judge about problems with women had nothing to do with the case itself. Might as well be an old conservative man who sued the guy over the loss of his precious marbles.
    In fact german articles use the male term when they mention the landlord, not 100% proof of anything, but the issue was the property damage and not domesticating men anyway.
    It isn't like feminists aren't campaigning for sitting down when peeing of course. This case is a welcome stfu.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr View Post
    German court rules that men have right to pee while standing

This bit caught me eye:

I just presumed that all men stood to pee unless they were physically unable to. Its not that hard to aim is it?
    I've sat to pee almost exclusively since I was 4 or 5. Hated getting whiz on my socks, which alway happened standing. Still does....
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
    I've sat to pee almost exclusively since I was 4 or 5. Hated getting whiz on my socks, which alway happened standing. Still does....
    The key is to aim at a 45 degree angle. 90 will get you the splashback but I have yet to get anything with 45.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Blog Entries

I think lars is trying to say that his hangs around his knees.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

It isn't like feminists aren't campaigning for sitting down when peeing of course. This case is a welcome stfu.
    Eh, maybe you misread something. The judge said that men are not liable for any damage to the floor caused by peeing in a standing position, but he also noted that men will continue to have to deal with the complaints of female co-inhabitants. He never said that complaints are not legit or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by link
    But concluding, he said men who insist on standing "must expect occasional rows with housemates, especially women" but cannot be held to account for collateral damage.
    You're trying to squeeze the case into something it's not about.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Sheriff's office rug with 'In Dog We Trust' typo sells for nearly $10,000

The Pinellas County Sheriff's office ordered a new rug, which turned up last week with a typo. The large green rug with the
    black and yellow Pinellas County Sheriff's Office logo included the phrase "In Dog We Trust" within one of its crests.

That could have been the end of the story except Sheriff Bob Gualtieri had an idea.

He decided to auction off the unique item -- the "doggone rug," as he called it -- and donate the proceeds to a local rescue.
    Last edited by naut; 01-24-2015 at 08:39.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Mummified monk not dead, just in very deep meditation

Well I hope I look half as good as him after meditating in a cave for 200 years.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

http://www.thelocal.de/20150218/fear...eets-of-munich

Terry Swartzberg has been wearing a kippah around Germany for two years – and has never encountered any hostility to his religious headgear from the people he meets.

Swartzberg's experience stands in stark contrast to that of other people who have tried the experiment, with a kippah wearer in Paris recently subjected to curses and spitting attacks while having himself secretly filmed.

A little over a year before, The Local's reporter in Malmö, Sweden, was laughed and stared at and insulted when he tried wearing a kippah around the town for a day.
    “But it's such a cheap shot and so unfair [to say Jews aren't safe in Germany], because Germany has done amazing things that I wish my own country, the USA would do."

Last edited by InsaneApache; 03-27-2015 at 12:34.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction. Other times, not so much.
    This space intentionally left blank

This groupon employee made my day...

Knowing fully well what would happen when they posted about a dildo-look-alike-thingy... They answered EVERY consumer question brilliantly ;)

http://distractify.com/megan-mccormi...a-bunka-lovin/

Members thankful for this post (2):

Is this a little troubling for the perception of justice in America?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...baltimore.html

When two notorious street gangs form an alliance to combat police brutality, one might be inclined to think that justice in America might need some work.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HopAlongBunny View Post
    Is this a little troubling for the perception of justice in America?
    False.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/gang-memb...-cops/32609810
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

No they didn't make a truce to harm police officers; that's not what the article says, as I read it.
    Rather they are making common cause to protect the community, and rebuild.
    The troubling part is gangs uniting to act as a buffer against the police.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10212225.html

The hysteria about "taking out" cops seems to have come from a police dep't source.
    Last edited by HopAlongBunny; 05-09-2015 at 15:59.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Let's put a little weird into this Baltimore discussion: Weird Al Yankovic at the Pier Six Pavilion, Baltimore, June 13

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Members thankful for this post (3):

Anti-aircraft guns are necessary to execute someone in the High Command.

A young man who was drinking and celebrating the Fourth of July tried to launch a firework off the top of his head, fatally injuring himself, authorities said on Sunday.

Devon Staples and his friends had been drinking and setting off fireworks on Saturday night in the backyard of a friend’s home in the small eastern Maine city of Calais, said Stephen McCausland, a spokesman for the state department of public safety.

Staples, 22, of Calais, placed a fireworks mortar tube on his head and set it off, McCausland said.

The firework exploded, killing Staples instantly.

His death is the first fireworks fatality in Maine since the state legalised fireworks on 1 January 2012, authorities said.

Calais is on the Canadian border near New Brunswick.

State fire marshals were investigating several other Fourth of July fireworks accidents involving injuries in Friendship, Jefferson, Lebanon and Woodstock. They said most of the accidents involved burns and eye injuries. McCausland said further details were expected to be released later on Sunday.

In 2011, lawmakers voted to repeal a 1949 state law banning fireworks, reasoning that the industry would create jobs and generate additional revenue
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...kills-man-head

A bit of a hot head if you ask me.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Blog Entries

Random Americans thinks Gibberish sounds like "What the fuck".

I am not hearing it at all...

According to Umm Layth, a wahabbi (and a member of Al-Baghdadi's organisation) blogger, ISIS has published the following announcement, in an effort to solve some rather pressing matters:

Apparently, during those mass-weddings, we didn't recognize the real victim.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Quote Originally Posted by Crandar View Post
    ...Apparently, during those mass-weddings, we didn't recognize the real victim.
    I can sooo relate to this. Having so far endured six weeks of house renovations, I am also seeking martyrdom.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Random Americans thinks Gibberish sounds like "What the fuck".

I am not hearing it at all...

0:59 Robbie Broadway is a concerned mother.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Page 231 of 236 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235 ... LastLast