Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Faction List for EB2?

Default Re: Faction List for EB2?

Quote Originally Posted by gentt5 View Post
    what did i do wrong?...
    Don't worry, people just confused you with a guy over on the TWC who used to constantly demand there be a Illyrain faction, no matter how many times we told him there wouldn't be.

Welcome to the .org!

Yes, Welcome gentt5.
    About your proposal, it's not a bad idea, but there is a lack of information about the Illyrians in the EBTeam. It's not easy to create a faction, the EBTeam has a high requirement about the historical accurancy. The only solution would be to have someone knowledgeable on the subject with an objective point of view. The Illyrians aren't alone in this case, the EBTeam searchs someone for the Iberic Peninsula. It's not only a problem of source but a problem of time available to work on the subject too. I think the team had even sought help from an expert for the Carthaginian and Numidian factions.

Well, I hope not to have said some mistakes. (I'm not a member of the Team).

There is no lack of knowledge concering Illyria, the team just feels that none of the Illyrian tribes of the period are deserving of a faction slot.

First of all, hello.

I hope I am not trolling because I sense Illyria is a touchy subject. Anyway, I kind of feared that the reason for Illyria's non-inclusion would be the lack of many info. Granted, I am a first year history student, but I am not very into the whole Illyria theme so excuse any mistakes I may make. What I do remember is that the definition of the Illyrian territory prior to what the province was is still very cloudy. I remember one example where it was taken for granted before that all territories on the Dalmatian coast, including the Liburnians and the Delmatae, were Illyrians, but further studies indicated that Illyria (at the coast at least) really starts south of the Delmatae. If any tribe could fit as a possible faction it would probably be the Ardiaei (and possibly Dardani), since they held an importance as an opponent to both Rome in their Illyrian wars and the Macedonians.
    Being from Croatia the subject is quite sought after so the library has a section fairly filled with themes about it. Unfortunately, since most of the books are either from Croatian authors or people from other former-Yugoslav states I am quite doubtful that many of those books have international publications. The one big foreign book I remember reading was "Les Illyriens de Bardylis a Genthios" from Cabanes, but I am quite sure your massive team of historians digested that book all over.

Well, I hope you do your best with the info at your disposal. I am actually way more interested in hearing improvements for my beloved Egypt :)

Although they are not thechnically Illyrian (thus not being affected by the fact that there will be no Illyrian faction), the Skordiskoi lived in or next to (depending on your definition of what composed Illyria) Illyria, and they would make an excellent faction.

As i said before, none of the Illyrian tribes are really suitable for a faction, even the most powerful tribe during EB's timeframe, the Ardiaei, barely held a single province on the EB map at their height .
    The closest thing we could feasibly have to a Illyrian faction is either the Scordisci or the Dardani, both of who were influenced by them to varying degrees, of these the Scordisci are the more likely as info on the Dardani is very scarce.

Can someone re-post a map with the already revealed factions from EB2 and the old factions of EB1..
    Thanks
    Edvard0
    Only the evil will triumph if good men do nothing .
    Edmund . . . .

This is the closest you're going to get for now: click
    Exegi monumentum aere perennius
    Regalique situ pyramidum altius
    Non omnis moriar

- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

Thanks Horatius :)
    Edvard0
    Only the evil will triumph if good men do nothing .
    Edmund . . . .

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122