Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Faction List for EB2?

Beta Tester, Emeritus Member Al-Masri's Avatar

Default Faction List for EB2?

Granted fellows this may be a bit early, but I was wondering if there was a preliminary list of factions yet for EB2.

What factions that were left out from RTW's EB because of the faction limits could be put into EB2?
    All Hail Our Lord of Chester,
    Prince of Aquitaine, Duke of Cornwall, Prince of Wales
    Edward of Woodstock,
    The Black Prince

Enforcer of Exonyms Member Barbarossa82's Avatar
    Englaland (and don't let the Normans tell you any different!)

Default Re: Faction List for EB2?

I should imagine that Numidia, the Chatii and the Belgae are high on that list.
    Self-proclaimed winner of the "Member who Looks Most Like their Avatar" contest 2007

My Armenian AAR

Perhaps numidia, maybe a rebel faction offshoot of the Romani, I personally wouldn't mind seeing Syracruse become a faction... would really turn sicily into chaos I bet.

Personally I would like to see another Germanic tribe to compete with the Sweboz or another Hellenic faction splitting the Koinion.
    Edward of Woodstock,
    The Black Prince

You know at one time I actually thought Persia still existed in 270 BC?

Some more Iberian factions would be in there, also hordes for civil wars

Celtic Cataphracts!!!! Member The Celt's Avatar

Cool Re: Faction List for EB2?

I know this might not make much sense but I would love to see a Goidilic faction! Think about, the Casse will have an early contender before they move on to Gaul they have to fight the men of Erian. Plus I always wanted to conquer Rome as Ireland.
    Illyria would also be welcome. Along with Chatti, Celto-Iberians, Numidia, Galatia, Syracuse, and maybe a Persian vassal state of the Arche Seleukia.
    Achtungaz!!! You vill all zavmit to zeh Svveboz!!!!

Currently rising to power as:

Also some Danuban barbarians would be good. And how 'bout cisalpine gauls as a separate faction?

It hasn't been decided, but we'll probably want to keep these secret, and then slowly release them over time. Just to piss you guys off! There are some definites that we've already decided on (though we havent done any voting on them yet); factions that lost out to the saba and saka vote, when we put those two factions in.

Personally I would love to start working on EB2 when the next patch comes out, but we'll have to see about that. Currently we are working on the next big release, so that is priority for now.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Goidils didn't quite exist yet, but the Erain tribe did (from about the 5th century). At the time they'd just be Q-Celtic speaking Britons though, and would become Goidils sometime around 200 BC. They're something to think about anyway, I know I do, but mostly because I'm very bored, and it matters little if they get in or not to me, so long as I have something to do for the project.
    "The friendship that can cease has never been real." - St. Jerome

"You will find something more in woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you that which you can never learn from masters." - St. Bernard

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

In order of personal preference:

1) Bosphorian kingdom
    2) Belgae (Bellovaci or Nervii)
    3) Pergamon/Attalids
    4) some representation of the Achean league - probably tricky
    5) some faction between the Getai and Sweboz?
    6) Galatians (in Anatolia) - Tylis maybe, but that seems stretched
    7) Another Sauromatae confederation, Aorsi probably.
    8) A new faction in transalpine Gaul
    9) an emergent Romani rebel faction

Celtic Cataphracts!!!! Member The Celt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Goidils didn't quite exist yet, but the Erain tribe did (from about the 5th century). At the time they'd just be Q-Celtic speaking Britons though, and would become Goidils sometime around 200 BC. They're something to think about anyway, I know I do, but mostly because I'm very bored, and it matters little if they get in or not to me, so long as I have something to do for the project.
    I know they were kinda late in showing but they could still be an emerging faction like the Mongols and Timurids in MTW2.(Though I guess that means that you can't play as them, bummer.)
    Achtungaz!!! You vill all zavmit to zeh Svveboz!!!!

Currently rising to power as:

Well, they'd not be 'emerging', it'd be like reforms. The Errain were Britons who became the first Gaels under subsequent influences and new settlers. They still remained the most powerful tribe and tribute hordes imply they ruled most of the island at a point, and probably parts of continental Armorica and British Caledonia at various times. Gaels weren't a random seperate tribe, it's a culture that emerged and included within it many different tribes. If they were in at all, they'd be the Errain tribe in southern Ireland, who would start out pretty similar to midland Britons, but develop differently as the game went on.

"You will find something more in woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you that which you can never learn from masters." - St. Bernard

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Celt
    I know they were kinda late in showing but they could still be an emerging faction like the Mongols and Timurids in MTW2.(Though I guess that means that you can't play as them, bummer.)
    I recall there's a way around that problem using savegame files.

I'd like to see Numidians, A new Germanic Faction, the Mauryan Empire (please!!), and perhaps the Yuezhi. I've always wondered why the Yuezhi were dropped, but have have never played pre-0.8 EB. Were there any other factions that were dropped before I discovered EB (just before 0.8 was released)?

MARMOREAM•RELINQUO•QUAM•LATERICIAM•ACCEPI

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Spread a little bit eastwards and add India. Perhaps?

1. Mauryan Empire
    2. a rival Indian faction?
    3. Yuezhi
    4. Numidians
    5. Syracuse
    6. Bosphoran Kingdom
    7. Aorsi
    8. a Celt-Iberian tribe
    9. a Germanic tribe to rival Sweboz, preferably in east of Germany
    10. Belgae

EDIT: Syracuse could be sacrificed in place of either a Goidil faction, Transalpine Gaul faction, or Rebel Roman faction
    Last edited by Rhyfelwyr; 03-18-2007 at 23:57.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenring
    In order of personal preference:

1) Bosphorian kingdom
    2) Belgae (Bellovaci or Nervii)
    3) Pergamon/Attalids
    4) some representation of the Achean league - probably tricky
    5) some faction between the Getai and Sweboz?
    6) Galatians (in Anatolia) - Tylis maybe, but that seems stretched
    7) Another Sauromatae confederation, Aorsi probably.
    8)8) A new faction in transalpine Gaul
    9) an emergent Romani rebel faction
    I knew there would be supporters, that faction could have so many possibilities.

I don;t think Numidia wes united at the time the game starts and I don't think we know how united tribes like the Chatti were though I could be wrong.

For me likely factions would be

Erain
    Syracuse
    Lugii (much needed to balance the Sweboz in central Europe)
    Possibly Cyrene (they were aggressive in the period)
    Hopefully Galatia (for so many reasons, their unique position as Celts in Asia, their 'wildmen.'
    Pergamum

Could split the Koinon into the two leagues.
    could split Sarmations though into what I'm not sure.

Just a question for any team member, have you considered Rhodes as a faction? I know how strange that sounds but the city had one of the most powerful naval forces in the med, one to rival Carthage. It would be a fairly unique faction because it would rely on naval power to great degree.

Quote Originally Posted by K COSSACK
    I knew there would be supporters, that faction could have so many possibilities.
    Yes but which other tribe in Trans-Alpine Gaul is strong enough to deserve another faction slot? The Belgae, or the Helvetii, maybe? The Belgae might help keep the Sweboz in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Caledonian Rhyfelwyr
    Spread a little bit eastwards and add India. Perhaps?

1. Mauryan Empire
    2. a rival Indian faction?EDIT: Syracuse could be sacrificed in place of either a Goidil faction, Transalpine Gaul faction, or Rebel Roman faction
    There would be no rival Indian faction Chandragupta and his successors controlled the entire subcontinent except for the Southern tip, which was divided into small tribes.

As for a rebel Roman faction, I would prefer not to see a faction slot wasted on that. I always found it annoying in BI that whenever a city rebelled against you as the W or ERE it would join this "Rebel Roman" faction. Why would a city who just freed itself from the tyranny of the Roman emperor join another Roman faction under a new emperor? I think that the faction slot could be used in much better ways.
    Last edited by CaesarAugustus; 03-19-2007 at 00:07. Reason: spelling

MARMOREAM•RELINQUO•QUAM•LATERICIAM•ACCEPI

Quote Originally Posted by CaesarAugustus
    I'd like to see Numidians, A new Germanic Faction, the Mauryan Empire (please!!), and perhaps the Yuezhi. I've always wondered why the Yuezhi were dropped, but have have never played pre-0.8 EB. Were there any other factions that were dropped before I discovered EB (just before 0.8 was released)?
    MTW2 has 198 province limit VS RTW's 199. Which means one province gets axed.

And I don't think anyone on team would want thus to expand the map further east. Which also leads to the reason the Mauryans will probably NOT be included as their political centre was in eastern India and including only parts of that faction is a no.

The Yuezhi were dropped since at 272 BC they did not inhabit any areas on the EB map and it took over a century until they did.

Also a sad consideration is that while model limit in MTW2 seems to be limitless (RTW had 255 model slots) the unit limit on 500 is still in place, so any new factions should have a minimum of unique factional units.
    "Debating with someone on the Internet is like mudwrestling with a pig. You get filthy and the pig loves it"
    Shooting down abou's Seleukid ideas since 2007!

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

I'd like to see a low-loyalty KH faction that can split into two.

Also, have you considered what to do with Jihads and Crusades? It'd be AWESOME if you gave certain factions some sort of 'Expeditionary Force' - basically a long range invasion - ability or just use something like that to start the second Punic War with a big Carthaginian Army marching across the Alps :-p. That would be fun.
    Last edited by antisocialmunky; 03-19-2007 at 00:51.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Crap, I'd hoped that M2TW would allow more of the game to be modded but where it seems to give more, like the unlimited models, it takes away with the limits to provinces and units. Oh well it will still be great to see this mod move on to the next phase.

Oh and for another faction, how about Axum?
    Edward of Woodstock,
    The Black Prince

Cisalpine faction deserves to be there, or the Illyrians.

Also if 1 city is gone then let it be Carthage somewhere in Russia.

And another Iberian faction would go in.

I can't wait to see what you guys do with M2. With everything ya'll have learned over the years...That's going to be something else.

I just hope there is way to implement some mid/late game civil war action for the Romani. That would add so much.
    The History of the Getai AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=79451
    Star Haven: A fantasy AAR using Deus lo Vult
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=83098

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardvs Primvs
    Crap, I'd hoped that M2TW would allow more of the game to be modded but where it seems to give more, like the unlimited models, it takes away with the limits to provinces and units. Oh well it will still be great to see this mod move on to the next phase.

Oh and for another faction, how about Axum?
    Sure if you want a faction with two units
    "Debating with someone on the Internet is like mudwrestling with a pig. You get filthy and the pig loves it"
    Shooting down abou's Seleukid ideas since 2007!

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Faction List for EB2?

Thrakia, Cheruskii, Numidia, Illyria, and Skythia or the Bastarnoz.
    Last edited by Centurio Nixalsverdrus; 03-19-2007 at 02:21.

Weren't the Basternae the apparently green-haired, curved sword mercenaries in vanilla rtw?

I'd personally like to see:
    - Another Barbarian faction, preferably one to compete with the Sweboz.
    - Syracuse
    - and a rebel Roman faction. The only thing I miss from vanilla *shiver* is some representation of the Roman civil war and its transition from a republic to an empire.

Kushan
    EB Team Member

Rise of Kings: v2.0 Beta 3 Now Available

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danest
    Weren't the Basternae the apparently green-haired, curved sword mercenaries in vanilla rtw?
    Yes.

I think that having Athends and Sparta as two seperate factions owuld be great, starting them allied at the start. Rhodes would also be good, though maybe that slot could be better used.

Pergamon is a great idea as well.

Another Gaelic faction would be cool, perhaps one of the Belgic tribes?

Another Germanic faction would be nice.

Another Iberian tribe? Perhaps the Celtiberians?

Oh and of course the Roman Civil War faction.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Belgae aren't Gaelic. Gaels inhabitted Ireland and later Scotland. They weren't expressly Gallic though either; the Belgae were counted as a seperate culture group by Caesar, and the objects found in their territories bear out that they weren't over-much like Gauls, though they were Celts. There are no Gaelic factions in EB, though there are Q-Celtic regions and speakers (northern Iberia would be Q-Celtic speaking), who would be culturally related to them.
    Last edited by Anthony; 03-19-2007 at 06:07.

An Imperfect Follower of Light Member Wolfman's Avatar

1.Numidian Faction
    2.Mauryan Empire
    3.Bastarnae
    4.Belgae
    5.Illyrians
    6.Cisalpine Faction
    7.Giodilic Faction
    8.Syracuse
    9.Pergamon
    10.Chatti
    Last edited by Wolfman; 03-19-2007 at 06:16.
    Tales of Gods and Kings - An Arverni AAR-DEAD
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...82#post1930882
    A People of the Mist - Casse AAR-ALIVE!!!!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Mist-Casse-AAR

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast