Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Faction List for EB2?

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Default Re: Faction List for EB2?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Belgae aren't Gaelic. Gaels inhabitted Ireland and later Scotland. They weren't expressly Gallic though either; the Belgae were counted as a seperate culture group by Caesar, and the objects found in their territories bear out that they weren't over-much like Gauls, though they were Celts. There are no Gaelic factions in EB, though there are Q-Celtic regions and speakers (northern Iberia would be Q-Celtic speaking), who would be culturally related to them.
    That's interesting. What I did intend my statement to mean was that I would like another faction who inhabited the area called Gaul.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

My choice: (In no particular order)

1. Erainn
    2. Syracuse
    3. Meroe
    4. Pergamom
    5. Gandhara
    6. Galatia
    7. Illyria
    8. Numidia
    9. Another German faction
    "basileys agathocles dermatinos syrakousai"

hmmm

-Syracuse

-Pergamon (would really love to see them in the game)

-Galatia

-Illyria

-Belgae

-some Germanics: Chatti and/or split the Sweboz maybe some in the danubian area, some more to the northwest. or add the Cimbri and Teutones as one tribe in the north

-Picts to have some enemy for the casse maybe, although I'd rather drop the casse in favour of another celtic tribe on the continent and leave the british isles to the rebels

- bosphorians
    My first balloon:

Quote Originally Posted by L.C.Cinna
    hmmm

-Picts to have some enemy for the casse maybe, although I'd rather drop the casse in favour of another celtic tribe on the continent and leave the british isles to the rebels
    Why drop the casse though, they have 10 more faction slots in m2:tw IIRC

yes but like this there'd be more space for other faction specific models
    My first balloon:

Well, can say right off, that NO faction will be scrapped.

Some factions that will by all probability NOT make it:

- Mauryan Empire. Including only a part of a massive empire is not something we'd go for. A Mauryan satrapy though could be an idea.

- Meroe/Kush/Ethiopia. Would only be two units. Spearmen & Archers. EB is not supposed to be politically correct.

- Jewish/Maccabee faction. Would be emerging faction and would only really be in one area. More Jewish specific units though are in the works I think.

- Japan. Sorry too far off Actually any faction outside the map.

- Illyrians & Thracians. Weren't united enough.
    "Debating with someone on the Internet is like mudwrestling with a pig. You get filthy and the pig loves it"
    Shooting down abou's Seleukid ideas since 2007!

Since the unit limit is the same is EB taking EB2 and possible factions into consideration when doing the last 150 units?

I would like to see Syracuse and Pergamon.

A question though. It is now certain that EB team is going to mod MTW2?

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The faction I'd most like to see are:

1) Yuezhi as an emerging faction
    They had a major influence on Backtria and India, and their arrival would create a challenging strategic situation late in the game for whatever faction dominates the east.

2) Maurean Empire
    Not going to happen, but I can dream.

3) Bosporean Kingdom (or perhaps the Scyths)
    Interesting mix between Hellenic culture and Steppe warfare

4) Bastarnoz or another Nothern tribe

5) Pergamon
    A single province caught between superpowers ought to make for a really interesting political situation

7) The Belgae of another Gallic faction
    8) Another German faction
    9) An Iberian faction
    To give a better representation of the political situation of the tribes. It wasn't just one tribe (or two in the case of the Gauls) against all others.

10) A Numidian kingdom
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

i think there should be a rebel successor state that breaks off from the selucuid empire and spilts it in two making it harder for the selucuids to expand and crush the weaker factions in the east
    "Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil."
    Son's of the hounds come here and get flesh

"Alba gu bragh"
    scotland forever

EBII Mapper and Animator Member -Praetor-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron of lochsunart
    i think there should be a rebel successor state that breaks off from the selucuid empire and spilts it in two making it harder for the selucuids to expand and crush the weaker factions in the east
    Rebel persians?

1. Belgae
    2. Bosporean Kingdom
    3. Celtiberians
    4. Syracuse
    5. Massilia
    6. Pergamon
    7. Galatians
    8. Goidil
    9. Spilt Sarmatians *if they could be made stronger*
    10. Heh not sure, Numidians I guess
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Quote Originally Posted by k_raso
    Rebel persians?

yes persian rebels

"Alba gu bragh"
    scotland forever

Quote Originally Posted by Krusader

- Illyrians & Thracians. Weren't united enough.
    Neither were the Germans :p

Illyrians just has to be included, and cisalpine gaul (for reasons I will come up with that will hopefully persuade EB)

Not in any particular order, but factions I'd like to see added include the following.

Starting factions:
    Mauryan Empire
    Belgae
    Bosporan Kingdom
    Pergamon/Attalids
    Chatti
    Numidians
    Meroe/Ethiopia/Axum

Emerging factions:
    Hasmonean Kingdom (or Jewish rebels)
    Yuezhi
    Mauretanians
    Various rebel factions (Roman rebels), perhaps based on political factions (populares vs optimates)

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: Faction List for EB2?

yes persian rebels
    No I think there should be hellinistic rebels, prehaps spliting the empire into an east half and a west half, with the west beining prodominantly Greek and the east using more persian troops.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

How did Ethiopia really affect the ancient world? besides bieng a source of troops what did they do?

I don't really think they have done much to be a faction. Unless I'm wrong.

You could say the same about Saba.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe
    No I think there should be hellinistic rebels, prehaps spliting the empire into an east half and a west half, with the west beining prodominantly Greek and the east using more persian troops.
    i think instead of being hellinistic rebels i think it should be 'all persian' rebels and i think the empire should dig into the side of the selucuid emipre from arabia and that general direction.

"Alba gu bragh"
    scotland forever

Guys, you need to consider the conditions a nation has to meet to be a faction *like if it's on the map, influence on neighbors, wealth, power, expanionist, existed a seperate, unique nations, etc*. You'll see bunch of those guys fall off the list.

Or just read Krusader's post,
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Celtic Cataphracts!!!! Member The Celt's Avatar

i think instead of being hellinistic rebels i think it should be 'all persian' rebels and i think the empire should dig into the side of the selucuid emipre from arabia and that general direction.
    How about the Satrapy of Persis?(The guys who's coins are in some of the loading screens.)They were another vassal to the AS like Baktria and Parthia, and eventually they joined up with Parthia and kicked the Seleukids out of Iran. (Of course centuries later they would do the same to the Parthians when the Sassanid dynasty came to power. )
    My guess is they would have Persian units for cavalry but mostly Hellenized infantry.(Early on that is.)Then later using the reforms system their army would look more Sassanid or Parthian in design.
    Achtungaz!!! You vill all zavmit to zeh Svveboz!!!!

Currently rising to power as:

Rex Pelasgorum et Valachorum Member Rex_Pelasgorum's Avatar

Numidia , Meroe, or Indian faction....
    Why not Hasmoneans ?

No more barbarians. I always preferre the civilized ones
    Dogma nemuririi sufletului îi fãcea curajosi fãrã margini, dispretuitori fatã de orice pericol, poftitori de moarte (apetitus morti) luptãtori cu hotarâre si cu o întreprindere de speriat.
    (Metianus Capella)

Hmmm..I'd like to see the Bosporan Kingdom, a hellenized Skythian faction, a Germanic tribe to keep the Sweboz from building a vast eastern empire every time, the Belgae, the Bastarnae(they intrigue me, honestly), the Aitolian league(more chaos in Hellas! fun fun fun!), Syracuse(between a rock and a hard place...sounds fun already!), Kyrene(no more constant Carthage-Ptolie wars!), the Galatians, and a Numidian faction, simply because a desert cavalry-based faction would be interesting. That's part wish-list, part adhering to rational constraints. I wouldn't like rebel factions or emerging factions...I want 30 playable factions, not factions with shiny units I'll never use....
    Pontos rocks!

The Yuezhi should probably be made as a faction that emerges around 176 BC, because they had quite an impact on the east. They conquered the Baktrians and established the Kushan Empire in India. Leaving them out would be like leaving out the Mongols in a Medieval game. Plus, making an emergent faction will probably not take as much work for the EB2 team.

I also support the idea of Massalia, they were fairly influential at the time the game starts, and they could give the Gallic factions a run for their money.

A Mauryan Satrapy was also mentioned, but I don't see how this would be possible, as Seleukos gave up all of his land over the Indus in exchange for 300 elephants, and I'm pretty sure Chandragupta and his heirs didn't divide their empire into satrapies. If it is at all possible, though, I think that a Mauryan Satrapy would be a GREAT idea.

EDIT: It seems that the Mauryans divided the empire into four provinces, with the capital of the northern province being Taxila. IIRC Taxila is a city in EB, so it could be possible to have a Mauryan Satrapy/Province that centers around Taxila.
    Last edited by CaesarAugustus; 03-19-2007 at 22:34.

MARMOREAM•RELINQUO•QUAM•LATERICIAM•ACCEPI

Perhaps a Kartli Faction would be nice. At the moment of the campaign it's a very unique location and situation...Not really known much by the folk around here I see though.
    In Iberia (Caucasian Iberia, also called Iberia by Roman and Greek scholars) at the time of the campaign's start there would have been an interesting situation. The territory is where modern Georgia is, where the provinces Egrisi and Kartli are in EB. Iberia is interesting and different from the other (lesser) Diadochi (Successors) in that it was never included in Alexandros' empire, and had quite a distinquished evoluation. Hayasdan has access to the possibilities Iberia offers if it conquers the province, however a unique faction would be very nice! I think it's about the time that young Pharnavaz would be reigning. Eventually he would be a most important person in Georgia's history, and that of the Kartouli people. Reforms, unifications, social and civil structures and patronage in arts and scripture... Later the Pharnavazian Dynasty would cause troubles for both Armenia (Hayasdan), Pontus under Mithridates and the Senate's armies (However not much for the latter )
    One would even have a character with a fleshed-out biography

Anyway as soon as I found out that there were a number of Caucasian and Kartli units included in 0.81 for Hayasdan, I started a Hai campaign but cheated a bit in the first year and kind of swapped to a 'Georgian' Kartli Faction. One province, the normal start-of-the-campaign-mode. Pharnavaz was already included in EB (Kudos EB-team!) I bribed the lad, appointed him Faction heir, got poor old Yervand killed and started a whole new dynasty . Awesome possibilities...

Not much faction-unique units (more than EB), interesting location (Caucasus passes plus terrible neighbours), promising Faction Leader...
    VOTE KARTLI!!
    -Hige sceal þe heardra, heorte þe cenre; Mod sceal þe mare þe ure mægen lytlað

Oh, I almost forgot the Galatians. No more Arverni or Aedui taking over in the middle of Anatolia!

Beta Tester, Emeritus Member Al-Masri's Avatar

Found this on Twcenter.net in the forum for the Ortus Romani submod of EB2:

Roman:
    1)Sentvs Popvlvsqve Romanvs
    2) Roman Senate

Barbarian:
    3)Sweboz
    4)Averni
    5)Aedui
    6)Casse
    7)Iberia

Hellenic:
    8)Arche Seleukeia
    9)Baktria
    10)Makedonia
    11)Ptolemaioi
    12)Achean League
    13)Atolian League (sp)
    14)Pergamum
    15)Bosporus
    16)Epirus

Other:
    17)Sarmatia
    18)Tylis
    19)Illyria
    20)Carthage
    21)Numidia
    22) Sakae

Eastern:
    23)Kingdom Of Armenia
    24)Kingdom Of Parthia
    25)Kingdom Of Pontos

Rebels:
    26) Rebels
    27) Seleucid (Persian)
    28) Epirot (Syracuse)
    29) Cathaginian (Barca family)
    30) Iberian (Celt Iberi)

This is the current list, though it is open to change
    I remind you that this mod's focus is the meditteranian powers, particuarily Hellenic

The Jewish kingdom is rather difficult as it would have to be an emerging faction, which I am trying to avoid, and even as one would swiftly be swallowed by the seleucids or Ptolomatics as per game mechanics.

I am espeicaly willing to move around the barbarian factions, for example casse being replaced by a germanic faction, or the Celt Iberi replaced by the belgae ect ect. The rebel faction slots are also available for changes
    All Hail Our Lord of Chester,
    Prince of Aquitaine, Duke of Cornwall, Prince of Wales
    Edward of Woodstock,
    The Black Prince

What about culture groups?Does anybody know how many cultures(not factions) are allowed in MTW2?
    In Vino Veritas!

I thought that Ortus Romani's team had completely joined with EB2. In any case, I think that there are too many rebel factions, which are represented perfectly by the Eleutheroi. The Roman Senate as a separate faction is bringing back bad memories of Vanilla. As stated before by someone, Illyria wasn't united in this time period (or ever, except when a conquering empire united it).

I really think that Northern India should be represented by some faction, because it seems really.... unrealistic that you could just take "rebel" cities (important, wealthy cities at that) from the Mauryans without having the subcontinental empire retaliating with a vengeance...

Is there is a historical, realistic way to incoroprate a native Persian faction other than Parthia into EB2? Because that would probably spice things up and add some more interesting wars in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by Barigos
    What about culture groups?Does anybody know how many cultures(not factions) are allowed in MTW2?
    I really hope it is more than 4 (North European, South European, Byzantine, and Muslim)
    Last edited by CaesarAugustus; 03-19-2007 at 23:29.

An Imperfect Follower of Light Member Wolfman's Avatar

Why don't you just expand the map? From what I heard you have more than enough Province slots to include India.
    Last edited by Wolfman; 03-19-2007 at 23:37.
    Tales of Gods and Kings - An Arverni AAR-DEAD
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...82#post1930882
    A People of the Mist - Casse AAR-ALIVE!!!!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Mist-Casse-AAR

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast