Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Faction List for EB2?

Default Re: Faction List for EB2?

No, actually they have one less province slot in M2TW.

MARMOREAM•RELINQUO•QUAM•LATERICIAM•ACCEPI

Wink Re: Faction List for EB2?

It would be nice to see those factions..
    Belgae
    Galatia
    Mauryan Empire
    cisalpine gaul
    Numidia
    and some other german tribe.

An Imperfect Follower of Light Member Wolfman's Avatar

Ouch! Didn't know that. It would be nice if CA gave them a little more to work with in terms of more Faction and Province Slots. I guess i'll just have to numidia's then.
    Last edited by Wolfman; 03-20-2007 at 00:11.
    Tales of Gods and Kings - An Arverni AAR-DEAD
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...82#post1930882
    A People of the Mist - Casse AAR-ALIVE!!!!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Mist-Casse-AAR

Damn isn't that list just about what we have now? not even a new IBERIAN faction.

They were not united! And bosphorus? I never even knew they were there own faction...I prefer an Iberian faction over them!!

I've seen a lot of people mention Cisalpine Gaul as a faction. Was northern Italy ever united under one Celtic banner? I thought that there were just a whole bunch of Celtic tribes that migrated over the Alps.

Are there actually less MII province slots than Rome? How many less.....That could cripple an M2 EB.
    The History of the Getai AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=79451
    Star Haven: A fantasy AAR using Deus lo Vult
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=83098

Not Just A Name; A Way Of Life Member Sarcasm's Avatar

The very concept of an Iberian faction is ridiculous in the way you're putting it. It'd be like saying "Asia Minor faction" which could be cultures as dissimilar as Galatia, Pontus, Pergamon, Bythinia...etc..

Iberia was not a homogeneous place. So, in theory you can portray one of the diverse tribal confederations that did exist at the time. The most important ones being the Lusitani in the West, the Arevaci in the centre and the Ilergetes in the East. There are others of course but these showed a particular sense of common-nation that others lacked.

To be completely honest, only the Arevaci (not all celtiberians), would qualify for a faction spot. They were strong and capable of mobilizing sizeable alliances against outside threats and internally they seeked to control some of the other celtiberians, garrisoning cities and such mostly at a later time (around the time of the Roman invasion).

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

-- Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by CaesarAugustus
    I've seen a lot of people mention Cisalpine Gaul as a faction. Was northern Italy ever united under one Celtic banner? I thought that there were just a whole bunch of Celtic tribes that migrated over the Alps.
    Cisalpine Gaul was a number of tribal petty kingdoms. A few of them were kind of powerful, but the most powerful of much relevance (Insubres) were analogues of the Aedui's confederation, and the Italian Boii, who just don't seem overtly appealing, considering they were not as developed as the central European Boii. There's an Aedui province already in place in Cisalpine Gaul (for the Insubre vassals). Maybe Ligurians, but they're not Gauls.
    "The friendship that can cease has never been real." - St. Jerome

"You will find something more in woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you that which you can never learn from masters." - St. Bernard

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    The very concept of an Iberian faction is ridiculous in the way you're putting it. It'd be like saying "Asia Minor faction" which could be cultures as dissimilar as Galatia, Pontus, Pergamon, Bythinia...etc..

Iberia was not a homogeneous place. So, in theory you can portray one of the diverse tribal confederations that did exist at the time. The most important ones being the Lusitani in the West, the Arevaci in the centre and the Ilergetes in the East. There are others of course but these showed a particular sense of common-nation that others lacked.

To be completely honest, only the Arevaci (not all celtiberians), would qualify for a faction spot. They were strong and capable of mobilizing sizeable alliances against outside threats and internally they seeked to control some of the other celtiberians, garrisoning cities and such mostly at a later time (around the time of the Roman invasion).
    Thats exactly what I was talking about...

Sorry, not your post I was referring too, I was talking about the one on Ortus Romani. My bad.

-- Oscar Wilde

Really! but another Ibrian faction would at least portray the number of factions there even though there was alot. You think the Numantine could be added?

I can tell you my opinion, which some members share too. An African faction would be a great way to mix around in Carthage's backdoor, and keep them busy (since right now it's pretty much their playing ground with no more sand wars to fight and Ptolemies now actually getting a challenge from the Seleukids).

-- Oscar Wilde

If another african faction is needed why not consider Cyrene? Didn't Magas rule it independently at the start of EB's time frame? It would be great to have it as a thorn in the side of both Carthage and Egypt. Also would be a nice solution to the sand wars.

1.0 completed:
    -Baktria

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman25
    Why don't you just expand the map? From what I heard you have more than enough Province slots to include India.
    EB has to lose 1 province in m2:tw, the maps not expanding...

ehh even though as an Ethiopian I would love to see an Axum faction they wouldn't be at there highest level of power till the 4th century A.D onward.

Join the Army: A Pontic AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96984
    ...uh coptic mother****er:A Makuria Comedy AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...93#post1814493

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Edward
    If another african faction is needed why not consider Cyrene? Didn't Magas rule it independently at the start of EB's time frame? It would be great to have it as a thorn in the side of both Carthage and Egypt. Also would be a nice solution to the sand wars.
    Indeed. Kyrene is one of the faction's to be considered, among others, but one of the reasons to include it will not be the sand wars. AFAIK, and in my personal experience, that doesn't happen anymore.

-- Oscar Wilde

Hip! Hip! EB! Hip! Hip! EB! Member Swebozbozboz's Avatar

I vote roman civil war factions, to keep it interesting.

and without a doubt more iberian factions. celtiberians?

and an eastern germanic faction to keep the sweboz from invading the steppes, i wish they would try to invade gaul more.

I really think that Northern India should be represented by some faction, because it seems really.... unrealistic that you could just take "rebel" cities (important, wealthy cities at that) from the Mauryans without having the subcontinental empire retaliating with a vengeance...
    I really hate to quote myself, but I just thought of a potential solution to this. I am mod-retarded so correct me if I'm wrong, but would it not be possible to spawn large Eleutheroi armies in the corner of N. India when a faction takes a city there? That would represent the emperor of the Mauryans retaliating, so if you defeat the invaders then you have the provinces for good.

If I'm not mistaken Carthage often gets attacked by Numidian Eleutheroi at the start of the game, though I'm not sure if that is scripted or not. If it is though, then spawning a "Mauryan" army would eliminate the need for an Indian half-faction, and the game would be just a little more realistic. Like I said earlier, you cannot just expect to take rich cities from an empire that rivals the Successor states in power without a counter-attack.

If this is possible it could even be in EB 1.0, but I'm sure the team has more important things to do, just a humble suggestion.

In EB2, the Mauryan Satrapy/Province that Krusader said is possible is a much better idea, though.

Spawning an army by script is quite possible I believe.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

1) Roman 'civil war' faction, since it was such an important thing in late republic history. The M2TW system probably offers more possibilities than the BI one, I think, since in M2 your generals and armies can betray you on the field rather than cities that rebel. Maybe certain traits and conditions (like selfish and maybe a new 'over-ambitious' trait, than a minimum of 25 regions or so as a condition + marian reforms) could aid in this.
    2) Belgae
    3) Kartli faction indeed seems reasonable.
    4) Pergamon
    5) Tauri (don't know much about their history though, just seen them on an ancient map)
    6) Yuezhi as an appearing faction.
    7) Erainn
    8) Teutones?
    9) Galatians
    10) The Soviet Union

I would like to echo the call for a Cyrene faction. I think they would be very fun to play. Perhaps they would look like a mix of Koinon Hellenon, Egypt, Carthage, and Numidia.

TM

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ailfertes
    10) The Soviet Union
    I don't know. They'd have to be an emerging faction and the party structure is impossible to represent given the RTW family system. Plus I predict the forum will be flooded with a "red tide" of communists complaining that the faction isn't accurately represented. The EB team probably shouldn't touch this.

We could always spawn invasions and sometimes raides by the Dal Raidans.

Thumbs up Re: Faction List for EB2?

i would think it would be a faction that would last for maybe the entire campaign or have some major impact on history

i would hope they would add a rebel romanii faction
    that only appear when scripted (CIVIL WAR)

a Numidian faction would be good, to control cathage expansion
    parthia would be good?
    i'm not so sure about my eastern empires but does Parthia exist already in EB?

anyways

1. Rebel romanii faction
    2. Numidian faction
    3. 2nd germanic faction
    "Rationality was the best thing to come from Greece, but its a shame men don't know how to use it!"

"A brave man has to be blind before he can see"

"aristocrats shout Republic Republic, Republic. brave men shout, Revolution Revolution Revolution"©
    Jason Brown

"I hate Quotations tell me what you Know!"

Parthia exists in EB as the Pahlava.

Quote Originally Posted by K COSSACK
    We could always spawn invasions and sometimes raides by the Dal Raidans.
    Dal Riadans wouldn't exist yet by a longshot.
    "The friendship that can cease has never been real." - St. Jerome

"You will find something more in woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you that which you can never learn from masters." - St. Bernard

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Dal Riadans wouldn't exist yet by a longshot.
    Really? damn...

I fail to see why the Romans would get a rebel faction over everyone else. It's not like civil wars were uncommon among the empires of the time, in fact being one of the major factors for the rise of Rome. Think about it.

-- Oscar Wilde

I agree with Sarcasm, in vanilla BI I always found it annoying that if a province rebelled from Romans it would join this super-faction that ranged from Germania to Africa. Some people just want their independance, they don't want to become part of a new Roman Empire.

I agree with Sarcasm, in vanilla BI I always found it annoying that if a province rebelled from Romans it would join this super-faction that ranged from Germania to Africa. Some people just want their independance, they don't want to become part of a new Roman Empire.
    Thats when the gold, women, and swords come in.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast