Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest info on M2 add-on

Default Latest info on M2 add-on

THIS IS INFO FROM ANOTHER FORUM I THOUGHT SOME OF YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN:

The Addon will contain 4 Campaigns:

Britain: With England, Wales, Scottland,Norway, Ireland.

Crusade: Two Alliances vs. Each other: Jerusalem + Antiochia vs Egypt, Byzans,Turks and all together vs. Mongols

New World: Azteks, Maya, Apache,Tarasken, Chichimeken, Tlaxkalteken and Spanish Settlers under Cortes

East Europe: With German Knights, Poland, Lithuania, Danmark, Nowogrod

- They also added "Special abilities" for the historical persons in the 4 campaigns:
    --> Richard I. can rally fleeing troups with the "Heart of the Lion" -talent.
    --> Emperor Manuel of Byzanz can set confusion in the enemy lines (the enemy units will fight with each other) with his "Byzantine politic"-talent.

- The campaings have different targets and a different way of playing.
    --> In the Eastern, the religion is more important (because of unrest and unit development -> you can only recruit teutonic knights in a catholic area).
    --> In the New-World you have, if you play the spanish, only few Units at the start. So you have to look for alliances and trading routes. Maybe even find nativ american alliances, to recruit native units. You also need to become strong to fight the french and english, who will apear later in the new world. If you start as a native american fraction you also can have an alliance with the spanish, to get more advanced units. You also have to take care with the wars against the other native american fractions. Don't be to weak when more of the europeans arrive.

- Prestige points (at least in the new world campaign). For successfull missions or lucrative trading routes, you earn prestige and rise in rank. For each rank you get money and new unlocked units. If you lose battles or missions, your prestige and rank will also sink.
    - More units on a battlefield.
    - You can build Forts with water around it.... keep their position and which you also can conquer and use for your fraction.
    - More + different mission targets: A noble man apears and asks for your help in a combat. If you are successfull, your reward will depend to how you won (how many you have killed).
    - In the Britain szenario you can make -as an enemy of England- an alliance with renegate(?) english aristocrats. They ask for your help, to conquer a town. If you give the town after the victory to them, they will found a new anti-english fraction "Allianz der Barone"!

Sorry for the bad spelling....but i am reading and trying to remember the english translation ;)!

It is done to 70% and will apear in the 2nd quater of this year!
    Last edited by Xtiaan72; 03-28-2007 at 10:54.
    The History of the Getai AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=79451
    Star Haven: A fantasy AAR using Deus lo Vult
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=83098

Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar

Default Re: Latest info on M2 add-on

Haha, considering that M2TW isn't even done yet and not totally moddable, when they say the add-on is 70% done, they really mean 30%.
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eaBtzqqFA#t=1h15m33s

WTF???????????????????????

That update sounds like Dungeos and Dragons, or Warcraft 3 with spells and s**t. Oh and don't get me started on history.........

All the more reason to Stick to EB and get M2TW once EB2 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtiaan72
    - You can build Forts with water around it.... keep their position and which you also can conquer and use for your fraction.

I know you said bad spelling but.... so the add on is gonna be based around math?, No thanks

Btw shouldn't this be in the m2tw forum?

Is it a patch or an expansion?

I know you said bad spelling but.... so the add on is gonna be based around math?, No thanks

Btw shouldn't this be in the m2tw forum?

No man, I pasted this from another forum. Apparently it's a translation from a German magazine which might explain the text...

I am curious about this hot-seat feature though...

Posted it here because I am more curious about peoples opinions here than elsewhere

Well, no offense to the makers, but apart from being able to team up with English aristocrats to overthrow the king and stuff, it looks crap.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Emperor Manuel of Byzanz can set confusion in the enemy lines (the enemy units will fight with each other) with his "Byzantine politic"-talent.
    Wololo...

If my opinion of CA took a serious dent with RTW, it's being raped and ********* now.

--> Richard I. can rally fleeing troups with the "Heart of the Lion" -talent.
    --> Emperor Manuel of Byzanz can set confusion in the enemy lines (the enemy units will fight with each other) with his "Byzantine politic"-talent.
    Sorry, but what is this? Byzantine Politics? Diablo II's Necromancer's Confuse, Empires: DotMW's Propaganda, Red Alert II: Yuri's Revenge's Chaos Drone, Command and Conquer III's Hallucinogenic grenades. Seriously, this is getting totally ridiculous.

By the next Total War game there should be AOE's converting priests in the game, AOM's myth units, and Warcraft III's hero units.
    Last edited by JeffBag; 03-28-2007 at 09:58.

Nonono, its based on the Dune 2 Deviator
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...

EB Beta Tester & Sex Slave Member Brightblade's Avatar

omg, WOLOLO!! that reminds me of AOE, I think it was.. and some unit in this game, funniest sound ever. I need to have that as a messenger alert so my parents can kill me.

We ask ourselves whether our names will echo through the ages... how bravely we fought, how fiercely we loved.

Currently: Slave in EB's beta testing dungeons!

Wink Re: Latest info on M2 add-on

Wololo............lol.................

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve
    Well, no offense to the makers, but apart from being able to team up with English aristocrats to overthrow the king and stuff, it looks crap.
    Look at it from a modders point of view, 4 seperate campaigns means that it will finally be possible to create "provincial" campaigns away from the main game, EB II could there for, hypothetically, have a main campaign, a "Ceasar's Campaign in Gaul", a "Sucessor States Campaign" etc etc.

Depending on the modability of these leaders abilities, EB could well use them to do something rather interesting as I am sure they are inventive enough to do so.

All faction slots should be filled by factions, therefor making it slightly easier for a project to come along and mod them.

Prestige is interesting and makes you more than a mere player, raising in rank for good deeds tro the "Empire", I imagine that can be made into an interesting system making seem more like say Consul of Rome or whatever equivalent rank there is.

If you think the add on itself will be crap, fair do's, but personally looking at it from a modification side, it opens up some interest corridors that I am sure EB will exploit to the full when they eventually convert to the MTWII engine.
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

There are still some big trait problems that would totally wreck our ability to do a lot of what we have currently done with RTW. And the issue with unit models is still looming quite large, though I have heard some progress by other modders is being made there. Some of our team members are steadily working on the expanded factions, but just as much work is being made on the late period mod also (which means we aren't working much on MT2W yet). I've yet to buy it for sure and don't see myself buying it for a while longer.

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    There are still some big trait problems that would totally wreck our ability to do a lot of what we have currently done with RTW. And the issue with unit models is still looming quite large, though I have heard some progress by other modders is being made there. Some of our team members are steadily working on the expanded factions, but just as much work is being made on the late period mod also (which means we aren't working much on MT2W yet). I've yet to buy it for sure and don't see myself buying it for a while longer.
    There are still some problems with the MTWII modding, but breakthroughs on models are indeed being made so by the time EBII becomes a reality I would imagine it'll be cracked, pleasingly CA are making some effort to interact with the community, the future is brighter rather than bleaker certainly.

Any thing your interested in I am sure fellow modding Castellan alpaca would love to fill you in.
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

but just as much work is being made on the late period mod also
    A late period EB? Cool.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Well, some of the new stuff sounds interesting. Some of it is just nasty.

Emperor Manuel of Byzanz can set confusion in the enemy lines (the enemy units will fight with each other) with his "Byzantine politic"-talent.
    Particulary this one. I hope, but it doesn't seem very likely, that it's a strat map ability - i.e. convince an army to turn on its comrades before a battle, similar to bribe.

The way I see it CA just make a great engine, know that mods will improve there work.
    It's sad but if they didn't they'd likely not make enoiugh money to ever make a new game.

sigh
    Last edited by Casuir; 03-28-2007 at 18:40.

There was also information that there was going to be some hot-seat options..

That sounds promising...

Special general abilities sounds a bit rubbish. Today its rally the troops and make enemies fight each other, tomorrow it will be summon zombies or dragons, or call lightning strikes on your foes...

What is hot-seat?

Beta Tester, Emeritus Member Al-Masri's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    What problems are you guys having with traits in MT2W?
    All Hail Our Lord of Chester,
    Prince of Aquitaine, Duke of Cornwall, Prince of Wales
    Edward of Woodstock,
    The Black Prince

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

I believe that the models have been cracked...
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...=79414&page=10
    And judging from teh new direction that CA is taking with M2TW the expansion will be even more moddable....
    IMO the most important fact is that the AI is moddable...so you wont need yoru scripts that much.
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

Something to do with Antitraits not working right, which would mess up a whole host if issues.

--> Emperor Manuel of Byzanz can set confusion in the enemy lines (the enemy units will fight with each other) with his "Byzantine politic"-talent
    W. T. F. ! ? ! ? ! ? !

MARMOREAM•RELINQUO•QUAM•LATERICIAM•ACCEPI

WTF is this a patch!?!?!?!

I'm so uninformed, what is this I'm so confused

And the websites that let you download the patches for MTW2 are CRAP.

EDIT: or its the way the patch is installed.

An Imperfect Follower of Light Member Wolfman's Avatar

I am playing M2TW with Dues Lo Vult 2.1 wich has Burreks skins, Titles, so on and am having a pretty good campaign but am anticipating EB2 with great relish. I don't consider M2TW to be crap. It's not as good as EB is but its not crap. In my opinion crap is RTW without EB(shudders from frightful images of cartoon men, half naked Conan barbarians who don't have good hygeine, screeching women, battlefield druids, gladiators, arcani, and 26th dynasty egyptians.)
    Last edited by Wolfman; 03-29-2007 at 01:24.
    Tales of Gods and Kings - An Arverni AAR-DEAD
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...82#post1930882
    A People of the Mist - Casse AAR-ALIVE!!!!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Mist-Casse-AAR

With the implementation of fantasy powers like that of the Byzantine Emperor's, the battles in M2TW and future TW games will be just another un-realistic, crappy RTS.

Fenring: Particulary this one. I hope, but it doesn't seem very likely, that it's a strat map ability - i.e. convince an army to turn on its comrades before a battle, similar to bribe.
    I hope so too, perhaps as soon as the battle starts the units are put under the Byz player's control and wreak havoc in enemy lines.

MARMOREAM•RELINQUO•QUAM•LATERICIAM•ACCEPI

Seriously all of this pessimistic crap is getting ridiculous.
    TW is not going to be Warcraft 3 for christs sake.

Quote Originally Posted by KSEG
    Seriously all of this pessimistic crap is getting ridiculous.
    TW is not going to be Warcraft 3 for christs sake.
    Eh you know how people are, an annoying bug or some feature they don't like and they blow it out of proportion, m2tw is a fun game, though I do prefer EB for the time frame.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast