Thread: elephant army

Default elephant army

heres how to make a good elephant army for beginners using only 10k

you recruit two elephants, two rocket launchers, 5 or 6 horse archers, only four if it goes by ccs rules and the rest as some kind of foot infantry.

wont be much left after the elephants and rockets so your army will be relatively small.

you open up the battle with your rocket launchers placed to the fore. dont use them on fire at will but order them to fire into the middle of the enemy formation at a unit that is between the front line and the back line for maximum effect.

also if the opposition has rocket launcher or ballistas you might want to fire a few salvos at them since rocket batteries have a good anti artillery ability.

keep your elephants out of range of any artillery if they have any [most wont] and away from any archers for now.

once all the salvos are spent you rush towar one flank or another with your horse archers in the lead followed by the elephants. and the artillery crews plus all your infantry behind. keep the army near to one another and the general near to the elephants to keep their morale up.

usually a concentrated attack like this will panick any part of the enemy line and then you proceed to attack along the rest of the enemy line which is no doubt maneuvring to stop you.as long as you keep close support to comfort your elephants even fire arrows will not panic them easily and usually if you play it out skillfully you will start a chain rout and defeat the other guys army.

its not unbeatable but it is a good tactic if you like elephants.

Default Re: elephant army

Quote Originally Posted by mad cat mech
    heres how to make a good elephant army for beginners using only 10k

you recruit two elephants, two rocket launchers, 5 or 6 horse archers, only four if it goes by ccs rules and the rest as some kind of foot infantry.
    CCS rules doesn't include a four HA per person limit. Its max 12 per team.

Thats when the games can actually get played... And even when they do, the clans drop out and it doesnt matter.

3 elephants, 4 turkish horse archers and 5 peasants is the best ele army, especially in team games, if you can't win with that... well.
    Last edited by Hosakawa Tito; 05-03-2007 at 11:18.

i agree that one can work too. lol i havent tried it yet but i know you can get that many

You have Horse Archers? I thought you meant All Elephants :P :)

Annie
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters

you have to have a little of other stuff stuck in to keep the opponent from calling you an elephant spammer. you can only spam if you use a lot of one unit. 2 elephants and 2 rocket launchers with some horse archers is technically not spamming.

Seriously wtf? I can't find an emoticon to show my true feelings about this thread and any words would surely get me banned.......

If you consider that an army you need help.

[wtf] with the force

this army indeed is in unity with the force

it appears you have not played against very many elephant armies. im not saying i cant be beaten when i use this army but i havent been beaten yet.you have to keep your army together after the salvos to support your elephants and comfort them. once the combination of rocket damage and elephant dread plus a blast from your generals horn routes more than three units your opponents army begins to chain route.

at this time to disperse your horse archers to keep pressure on the routing units so they dont regroup while you continue wiping any of your opponents hold outs. charges should be made in this fashion. when your elephant charges it will completely pass through its target once its through keep it going dont let it get hung up with one unit as long as they keep moving they can have a terrible morale effect on the enemy.

if they get hung up they start dying.

when the opponent uses artillery ,things get more challenging but you neednt fear too much unless he uses ballistas or serpentines.i beat one guy who had several bombards but i kept my elephants out of range and bombarded his bombards with my rockets taking out some of them. then i moved in at angle forcing the bombards to constantly move and not getting a chance to load up.

If you use 3 elephants 4 turkish HA and rest peasants in a 3v3, and attack in unity, as soon as the eles hit their line, a whole army will insta rout and youve won the game.

i beat one guy who had several bombards
    This just shows the high quality of the opponents you play

lol

yu thinks thats crazy, try a no rules unlimited money in high era.

make half your army elephants, half rocket launchers, and one general

lol @ SA
    Last edited by Monarch; 05-03-2007 at 18:03.

I dont think it would be hard to run a tournament better than the CCS. How many drop outs have you had? How many people have complained about the format? How many people are running behind in their games? How many games have had to be replayed? Yes. You should be very proud of your 'efforts' there.

Learn to take critisicm, you . Where you not posting in a thread on here before I wrote that
    Last edited by Hosakawa Tito; 05-03-2007 at 11:11. Reason: flaming

Quote Originally Posted by -Silent-Someguy
    I dont think it would be hard to run a tournament better than the CCS. How many drop outs have you had? How many people have complained about the format? How many people are running behind in their games? How many games have had to be replayed? Yes. You should be very proud of your 'efforts' there.
    You should also be very proud of yourself, I mean, those year 10 kanji tournaments don't win themselves.

Oh and if you hate ccs so much, don't post there. ty
    Last edited by Monarch; 05-03-2007 at 18:04.

I think CCS has done very well consdering the circumstances. They are running a tournement for a bugged game, handling 100s of members with only a few admins, and putting up with the many childish insults and flames daily. (wont mention who they are from here . . .) While there obiously things that could have been done better, they did extremely well for a first time tourney and I applaud them for their hard work and commitment. I would really like to see you or someone else do a better job. Untill you do, I do not think that you have much ground to stand on and make critisims.

-We do the impossible every day, miracles take a bit longer- Air Force Motto

Keeep it clean even if like many you are disgusted with this eleaphnat army.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Dunno about that, I'd pick the guy with Elephants and Rockets over the team mate who doesnt any day :)

ele vs pike