Thread: The Fourth Age: Total War - Forth Eorlingas v1.9 Patch!

Default The Fourth Age: Total War - Forth Eorlingas v1.9 Patch!

The Fourth Age: Total War Development Team presents:

The Fourth Age: Total War – Forth Eorlingas v1.9

The 1.9 Patch for ‘The Fourth Age: Total War – Forth Eorlingas’ (versions 1.5, 1.6, or 1.7) has now been unleashed! It contains many improvements, tweaks, and additional features, such as an entirely new historical battle, The First Battle of the Fords of Isen, featuring Saruman’s Uruk-hai and dreaded Warg-riders. Also included are, for the first time ever in FATW, Dwarves (as units). The 1.9 Patch is cumulative (i.e. it can be installed over FE 1.5, 1.6, or 1.7), but it is NOT save-game compatible.

If you do not have 'Forth Eorlingas' yet, you can get hold of it here. Many thanks go out to the thousands who have downloaded FE, and especially to those of you who continue to give us feedback and constructive criticism! Please visit us at www.thefourthage.org, or at our forums.

List of Changes introduced with 1.9:

• New historical battle, The First Battle of the Fords of Isen, added (see screenshots!)
    • One un-retrainable Dwarven unit, the Dwarves of Aglarond, available to Rohan
    • A Dwarven surprise!
    • New Variag Noble Archers unit added to Easterling faction
    • More forest added to Rhun, Dunland and Haradwaith areas
    • Dunland garrisons, armies and settlement populations reassigned
    • Many textures and cards for local levies added
    • Peasant/Settler/Thrall weapon type made un-upgradeable
    • Many missing unit faction cards now in-game
    • Markets now more productive in land trade
    • Farming benefits now tied to fertility of regions
    • Barracks now require blacksmith to first be built
    • Men of Far Harad now at correct scale
    • Most Orcs resized upward slightly & animation speeds increased
    • Campaign map tidied up (cliffs, trees in sea, some heights etc)
    • Alcarondas Venturer replaces Alcarondas in Guild of Venturers
    • Unit celebration sounds added for all roster units & other generic audio
    • Realistic skies added (thank you to the Lordz)
    • WIP Barbarian interface partially implemented
    • Ancillaries & VnVs have been tweaked & improved
    • And lots of other minor improvements made

Download links:

Forth Eorlingas v1.9 Patch | Mirror 1 (33.57 MB)

Installation Instructions:

Double-click on the fatw_fe_1_9.exe that you just downloaded, and make sure that you have it pointed to your Rome directory where you installed FE (this is normally C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War, or - if you have Gold - C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War). After the initial extraction is finished a dos window should open briefly to finish the installation. You can now click on the FE shortcut on your desktop, and continue to play!

Thumbs up Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - Forth Eorlingas v1.9 Patch!

Just downloaded it. Unsure wether I shall install it immediately or wait and try to finish my campaigns with Harad and Rhun. I think I will decide before the next time I plan to start this lovely mod.
    We have this almost mythical tree, given to us by the otherwise hostile people in the east to symbolize our friendship and give us permission to send caravans through their lands. It could be said to symbolize the wealth and power of our great nation. Cut it down and make me a throne.

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - Forth Eorlingas v1.9 Patch!

Just downloaded and installed, going to play it tonight. Good job, love the dwarves.

Keep up the good work,
    RM3

Downloaded and been playing it, I like its additions very much. Makes 1.7 so muc better!

Unit sizes etc that were fixed are great, and I think the new build system to get barracks is a nice touch.

So far i'm playing a campaign with the Reunited Kingdom, and enjoying it a lot.

One question though. If the King was to die while still holding his Ancillaries and items, would they turn up again ingame or are they lost? Would be a very good feature that certain items could be coded to get "passed on" to the Heir etc, but i'm not sure if it can be done.

Same with the family member "positions" like Steward of Gondor and the others, will they be reassigned if the family member was to die?

edit - Just thought i'd share a battle experience that I enjoyed with this.

I had my full stack RK army guarding the bridge crossing south of Minas Tirith, waiting for a Harad attack, but at the same time took another nearly-full stack and invaded by boat that Outlaw city to the west of the crossing, that Harad normally takes in the first few turns. This seemed to put Harad in some confusion and the attack never happened at the crossing, like it always has in other campaigns to date, despite Harad having 2 full-stacks and a couple of smaller forces around the city south of the crossing. So I got bored and decided to take my Army from the crossing and strike at them, you know, who dares wins ;)

I ended up defending and having to face the two full stack armies while beng sandwhiched in the middle....Oops. I set up my forces so that one would have a long walk to get to me and I would start fighting the other nearly straight away, if they set up where I thought they would. My army consisted mainly of Kings Spearmen, Ithylian Archer mercs & the elves & Kings Archer guys, a bunch of men-at-arms and some Gondor Horsemen, and 1 unit of the heavy artillery :D Plus my General, who was the one that starts with an army outside of Minas Tirith but I had transferred many of the kings things to him, giving him a 6 star command rating (plus bonus's for commanding infantry etc etc), 5 star management and around 8 stars infuence, so he was a kickass General.

The battle started with me facing the full stack Harad army that contained the Mamaluks (spelling?)... not good ;) But to my great joy, my artillery hit one with a flaming rock, killing it instantly and sending the other Amok. This wild one destroyed almost the entire Harad force, while my archers joined in from a distance. within a few minutes they were destroyed and routing.

Now, the other Harad army was closing in, so I turned everybody around to prepare for the assault. Here I thought had a problem, because the Mamaluk charged right into my forces, but it only hit a few groups of Kings Spearmen before continuing on into the other HARAD army! and the same thing happened! After a short fight, again with my archers joining in, They routed and the Reunited Kingdom won the day! Settings were the equal of hard/hard. For this Heroic Victory, Harad lost 2300 men and the Reunited Kingdom lost around 40. No hand to hand fighting between Harad and RK took place, except for routing units that couldn't escape from my cavalry ;)
    Last edited by PapaNasty; 04-16-2007 at 23:29.
    Posted by John_Longarrow
    Plus there is just something fricking cool about fricking elephants with fricking cannons on their heads.

I'll quote myself from elsewhere:

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc
    As to the titles & heirlooms: most of them get reassigned when their owner dies (provided the conditions are met). Lord of Westfold, for instance, is given to any captain (general) that spends a turn in Helm's Deep if there is no captain currently with that ancillary (simulating you granting them lordship). The same is true for all the other 'titles', i.e. they are tied to settlements. The Black Horn is given to any captain with the 'House of Erkenbrand' trait (which is a trait passed on from father to legitimate son), so the only way this will not be reassigned is if that House 'dies'. Most other heirlooms tied to faction leaders/heirs get regenerated with the new king/heir. You can also move ancillaries around manually, if your captains/spies/assassins/emissaries are in the same army/settlement; just open the character scroll, grab and draw the ancillary image over the image of the character you wish to give the ancillary to. This is a good way of giving younger captains a head start by giving them ancillaries from older (and soon to be dead) captains - and also what you want to be doing if you notice that the last of the House of Erkenbrand is son-less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc
    To add to that: heirlooms/offices, such as Andúril or Lord of Emyn Arnen, always get passed on, though a few have certain conditions attached to them (Steward of Gondor will only be given to a captain from the House of Húrin, for example). Other items, such as Elven Sword or Dwarven Helm, are more difficult to get and should probably be passed on manually if you want to keep them.

If anyone has any questions regarding traits and ancillaries, I'll be happy to answer them here.

I have been wondering, though: Have anyone got a full set of Elven or Dwarven armour/weapons (helm/hauberk/sword)? Or the mithril armour set? What about the Haradrian Kathuphazgân trait?
    I hope that answers some of your questions!

Thank you very much :) Answers a lot!
    Posted by John_Longarrow
    Plus there is just something fricking cool about fricking elephants with fricking cannons on their heads.

Hey guys this look like a great mod (I am very keen to try it).

But as I am not the most technically minded person on the planet a couple of (probably) stupid questions.

What exactly do I need to download?

Obviously the 1.5 main file (and music) but which of the patches do I need to install (all the way to 1.9) i.e do I need to down load 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9?

Then run them all?

I only ask this as I have been told that the new 1.2 patch that will be out soonish for M2TW requires that the 1.1 patch has not been installed.

Thanks in advance.

ED
    "My IQ test came back. Thankfully it was negative"

Been to:

Axebitten Modder Senior Member Dol Guldur's Avatar

Patches in FATW are cumulative.

So you make sure you have a clean commercial copy of RTW BI, version 1.5/1.6 and then you:

install FE 1.5 (a system window will then run on exiting the installer)
    install FE 1.9 after system window finishes (about 12 mins)
    install the music pack
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."

Thank you for your very promt reply.

I am looking forward to playing this mod and I also thank you all in adavnce for all the hard work put in. I loved the LOTR books and now I get to play the game. Magic!!

ED
    "My IQ test came back. Thankfully it was negative"

Been to: