Thread: BI patch 1.6 won't install "RomeTW-BI.exe has not been detected"

Default BI patch 1.6 won't install "RomeTW-BI.exe has not been detected"

I basically, to save space, decided that it would be a good idea to just freshly install everything and reduce my copies of Rometw-BI on the pc to just one so I could save space on my pc.

To make a long story short, I've installed everything, but for whatever reason patch 1.6 refuses to install because the computer says it cannot locate the RomeTW-BI.exe...

Any idea why this is happening and how to get around it?

Default Re: BI patch 1.6 won't install "RomeTW-BI.exe has not been detected"

Quote Originally Posted by the_handsome_viking
    Any idea why this is happening and how to get around it?
    I am assuming you reinstalled BI anew too. It sounds like a messed up registry. The only way to resolve that issue, is to uninstall BI and RTW and try again.

I've only ever installed 1.6 once. I keep a vanilla 1.2, 1.5 and 1.6 installation at all times, and copy them to try mods. Sorry I'm no help here.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by d'Arthez
    I am assuming you reinstalled BI anew too. It sounds like a messed up registry. The only way to resolve that issue, is to uninstall BI and RTW and try again.
    I already tried that.

Is there any way to make the patch identity the exe?

Quote Originally Posted by the_handsome_viking
    I already tried that.

Is there any way to make the patch identity the exe?
    Wait wait wait wait wait.

Does the White Label Barbarian Invasion have the 1.6 patch already on it?

That I would not know to be honest. You can check the version in game though. The same way you can / could check for EB version number.

Someone else may be able to tell you on what screen that was, as I have no RTW / EB running at the moment.

I believe BI comes shipped at 1.4, not sure.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

The first release of BI was patched to 1.4. All later releases were patched to 1.6.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    The first release of BI was patched to 1.4. All later releases were patched to 1.6.
    Are you very sure about this?

I've checked other forums and someone has said that their whitelabel was v1.6 by default.

I'm suspicious by nature.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

I think so. I always had to install 1.6 patch whenever I uninstalled and reinstalled BI. It may have just been running a pointless task when I did it, but it didn't stop me. (I bought and use the 'Eras' package now.)

Besides, if all versions of BI are automatically updated to 1.6, why would CA release a downloadable 1.6 patch?

I think its related to Vista, is that the system that you are using?

I removed all my TW programs several times and reinstalled still no joy. Until I changed the pathway from Creative Assembly to Activision whilst downloading RTW and changed the source of my patch -

This Filefront patch worked immediately:

files.filefront.com/Rome+Total+War+Barbarian+Invasion+v16+Patch/;4469433;/fileinfo.html

Frustating when its so hard to patch a legit copy, its taken me hours... now to try to get a mod to work!

http://files.filefront.com/Rome+Tota.../fileinfo.html

I couldn't put the full URL for my first post!
    Last edited by allada; 01-14-2009 at 01:23.