Thread: Sweboz Reform

Default Sweboz Reform

Please excuse me for bringing this up if it has already been fixed, as it is something I have yet to test in 1.1, but surprisingly I have never seen anyone else noticing it during their 1.0 campaigns, at least not any who have taken their time to write about it, nor have I seen any mentioning of it being fixed for 1.1, but in each of my several Sweboz campaigns in EB 1.0 I have always found that the Sweboz reforms does not happen accordingly to the EB F.A.Q :

(At least 190BC,
    -A (forum)(L3 Market) built in these provinces: Kimbriolandam, Swebolandam, Rugolandam, Herusklandam, Habukolandam, Mrog Actagone (previously Hattolandam)
    - (army_barracks_U1)(L4 Regional MIC) in one of these provinces: Luvarottea, Sarmiszegethusa, Burdava, Eburonum, Vindobona, Iuvavoaeta, Veldideno, Aventicos, Vindelicoppidos, Vienna)

.. as I believe I found through quite a few tests that the real triggers to the reform would look more like this :

(At least 190 BC,
    -A (forum)(L3 Market) built in these provinces: Kimbriolandam, Swebolandam, Rugolandam, Herusklandam, Habukolandam, Mrog Actagone (previously Hattolandam)
    - (army_barracks_U1)(L4 Regional MIC) in Eburonum.)

Could this be a glitch or am I missing a point?

Default Re: Sweboz Reform

- (army_barracks_U1)(L4 Regional MIC) in one of these provinces: Luvarottea, Sarmiszegethusa, Burdava, Eburonum, Vindobona, Iuvavoaeta, Veldideno, Aventicos, Vindelicoppidos, Vienna)
    So Eboronum MIC is sufficient but not required for the reform.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

One second I pondered how I could be as mindless as to not truly comprehend that which I have read countless times ( the description in the F.A.Q ) but obviously must have stared myself blind at, and it was quite embarrasing to have wasted other peoples time - but then I remembered that the problem was that the building of a L4 Regional MIC in either Luvarottea, Sarmiszegethusa, Burdava, Vindobona, Iuvavoaeta, Veldideno, Aventicos, Vindelicoppidos or Vienna still wouldn´t trigger the reform; only the L4 Regional MIC in Eboronum would, which should have been how I described it in my first post, sorry for not making myself clear.

The correct triggers should still look like this ( I think ):

(At least 190 BC,
    - (army_barracks_U1)(L4 Regional MIC) in Eburonum.)
    Last edited by Skandinav; 05-11-2008 at 14:56.

That doesn't really make sense... The counter is increased by 1 for each settlement with a MIC4... As you can see it's identical for Eburonum and Vindobona, as it is for the rest of them.

Code:
    ; Check for rMIC4, if true inc counter 1.
    monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Eburonum
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= army_barracks_U1
    and I_SettlementOwner Eburonum = germans
    and I_CompareCounter Sweboz_Reform = 0
    and I_TurnNumber >= 328

inc_counter Sweboz_Reforminc2 1

end_monitor

; Check for rMIC4, if true inc counter 1.
    monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Vindobona
    and SettlementBuildingExists = army_barracks_U1
    and I_SettlementOwner Vindobona = germans
    and I_CompareCounter Sweboz_Reform = 0
    and I_TurnNumber >= 328

inc_counter Sweboz_Reforminc2 1

end_monitor
    Later in the script, when potentially making the reform happen it checks:

Code:
    if I_CompareCounter Sweboz_Reforminc1 >= 6
    and I_CompareCounter Sweboz_Reforminc2 >= 1
    Where Sweboz_Reforminc1 corresponds to the number of markets and Sweboz_Reforminc2 corresponds to the number of MIC4s, so any settlement that increases the counter should really be sufficient.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Well it must be correct then, I only tested while in-game, but I did so by invading each province on a new save game then building the required buildings and then waiting five turns or so, and even did so twice for each region, and only Eburonum granted me the reform.

I will go start a new campaign immediately and check it again, but the authority of the evidence you have presented does indeed make me doubt my earlier observations.

I have been testing all night and I am positive that neither Vindelicoppidos, Veldideno, Vindobona, Iuvavoaeta or Aventicos grants the reform.
    I have yet to test Sarmiszegethusa, Viennos and Lucarottea but as I have done so in the past I am still fairly sure that only Eburonum gives the reform.
    I also noticed that Eburonum is the only one of the listed regions in which the Swêboz can train germanic mercenary generals besides the celtic lesser kings, if such a triviality could be related somehow, but it made me wonder a bit, when I first saw it, if Eburonum was designed to be the triggering region and the F.A.Q just needed updating.
    I´ll test the remaining three when I have slept.
    Last edited by Skandinav; 05-18-2008 at 07:56.

You mention mercenary generals. Those are only available in gov4 settlements, and that should preclude the MIC4 from being built... Are you sure you're creating the correct barracks?

Edit: I've never run a Sweboz game to this reform myself, so I only have the code to look at. Has anyone else managed to get the reform by building anywhere but in Eburonum?
    Last edited by bovi; 05-19-2008 at 11:29.

================
    ================

Yes sir, as I am aware that only a gov4 makes it possible to build lvl4 regional MICs I have been thorough in building these, good that you ask though as I am sure many are confused by this, as I were myself, when first playing a Swêboz campaign.
    And even though Eburonum is the only of the listed settlements in which to recruit germanic mercenary generals the others feature celtic lesser kings who function in a similar manner ie. as mercenary generals.

Gah, my fault, I thought it would be the factional MIC that you needed to upgrade . I see now in the code that you're right, it's the regional MIC. Once more, I'm left without any idea why it's not working.

================
    ================

The difference is: it is >= MIC4 for Eburonum, but = MIC4 for all the other settlements.
    So if you are already at MIC5 before turn 328 that settlement will not fulfill the reform condition unless you tear down your MIC5 and build a MIC4 again.
    Or so I suppose.

Well spotted! I'll fix that.

================
    ================